Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 09-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Targus™
Good college starter

Arrow Shareef NEEDS to start

I hope SAR starts next season, he will make our starting 5 a lot better imo. Maybe coach muss can get it through Kenny Thomas's head that he can't be such a baby if he comes off the bench. He will still get his minutes, but what do you guys think?
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

i agree with you, SAR should start, he's got some game left and it will be more beneficial for the Kings for him to start and bring Kenny of the bench.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

really dnt care because both of them are non factors on the defensive end.... and offensive end but how ever kenny i would rather starting...... the guy is a double double nightly basis player.... hey got a tripple double against the lakers last year i think.... SAR i like but is sometimes incon. to me.... both of there games are similar... jus SAR is just more of a scorer ... but to me who ever starts.... would give the same out put on both ends of the floor
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Agree with Perezident.

I may not like Kenny's attitude but honestly he's a better fit for the starting line up. We don't need anymore scoring in the starting line up. Kenny's the rebounding hustler and we need his 10 boards a night which he only gets if he starts. Also Kenny has quicker feet and he's a better defender so he doesn't get lit up like Shareef. They're both bad shotblockers but Shareef is a bad rebounder too. When Reef was starting he was only averaging about 6.5 boards a game in like 35 minutes. When he went down and Kenny started our rebounding got a lot better honestly.

Reef is a better fit for us off the bench. He's only really good at getting points in the paint and occasionally he gets hot from mid range. We need his scoring, otherwise our bench blows. Only reason I'd start him is if we needed to boost his trade value or something.

I'm not saying we'll be a bad team with Reef starting I just like what Kenny brings as a starter better. If you start Reef you lose rebounding and his scorring off the bench.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

Kingofthecourt...Kevin Martin will probably start every game unless he is injured. i hope not.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:51 PM   #6
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
Kingofthecourt...Kevin Martin will probably start every game unless he is injured. i hope not.

Why don't you want KMart to start? I thought you did.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #7
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

well i'm excited to see if we trade potapenko for ely.... and they waive him after training camp.... because they want to settle their business with ely first....and to me i think we are first preferance..... because of bonzi ...hmmm dnt kno but ...it would be good to have him and still be able to keep our pf combo of kenny and SAR....really i think the chemistry of the team will infact be greater ...even with muss because ....it sounds like he listens to players opinion.... and thats good cuz jus leaves trust in the squad

Last edited by Perezident : 09-25-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I think Shareef is better off the bench because every team needs one person to keep the momentum going and hes the right guy to do it.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 AM   #9
DETON8ER
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Seriously, isnt it the same thing :
Shareef as a starter 14+ppg 6.0 rpg
When he is on the bench he does the same thing but with less rebounds:

Kenny as a starter 10ppg 7.0 rpg
When he is on the bench he does the same thing but again with less rebounds.

Shareef should be the starter!
DETON8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETON8ER
Seriously, isnt it the same thing :
Shareef as a starter 14+ppg 6.0 rpg
When he is on the bench he does the same thing but with less rebounds:

Kenny as a starter 10ppg 7.0 rpg
When he is on the bench he does the same thing but again with less rebounds.

Shareef should be the starter!

Kenny as the starter is actually putting up about 8-9 rebounds a game...
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #11
Buck
I airball my layups

Default Shareef Should Be The Starter At PF

Shareef should be the starter at PF. He is one of the few players on the team who can play with his back to the basket. He is an adequate (not great rebounder.) Whether a player starts or comes off the bench has nothing to do with rebounding. The number of minutes played in more a a factor in RPG. Surely, Musselman will remember how Gasol was employed in the offense in Memphis and make an attempt to involve Shareef in a similar fashion.

Last edited by Buck : 09-29-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Shareef should be the starter at PF. He is one of the few players on the team who can play with his back to the basket. He is an adequate (not great rebounder.) Whether a player starts or comes off the bench has nothing to do with rebounding. The number of minutes played in more a a factor in RPG. Surely, Musselman will remember how Gasol was employed in the offense in Memphis and make an attempt to involve Shareef in a similar fashion.

Shareef isn't even comparable to Gasol, atleast not any more. You guys need to face the facts: Shareef is a 29 year old who can only score but sometimes it disrupts the offense because he spends so much time creating his own shot. He's a terrible rebounder, he's a bad defender, and a terrible shotblocker.

Basically I agree with this statement:
Quote:
I think Shareef is better off the bench because every team needs one person to keep the momentum going and hes the right guy to do it.

Because really all he does is score in the post and occasionally hit mid range jump shots. He's kind of like a younger, cheaper, better version of Juwan Howard. When he comes in some of our main scorers like Bibby, Artest, or Miller usually go out. Without these guys in the game there is not much offense to disrupt anyway.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #13
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

Shareef is on a whole other level. He draws double teams and is a very good low post player. Kenny Thomas is a hustle guy and should come off the bench for energy. If he wants to sulk and not give it his all because he isn't starting then trade him.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:10 PM   #14
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_since_85
Shareef is on a whole other level. He draws double teams and is a very good low post player. Kenny Thomas is a hustle guy and should come off the bench for energy. If he wants to sulk and not give it his all because he isn't starting then trade him.

The only way Kenny will even have any trade value is if he starts and teams see what he can do when he actually gets PT. Shareef isn't that good, once again I got to say he holds the ball so long that sometimes it disrupts the offense. He's a defensive liability and a terrible rebounder and shotblocker. He's got some nice moves in the post but they're all finesse. Mid range jumpers decent but shaky.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #15
fan_since_85
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
The only way Kenny will even have any trade value is if he starts and teams see what he can do when he actually gets PT. Shareef isn't that good, once again I got to say he holds the ball so long that sometimes it disrupts the offense. He's a defensive liability and a terrible rebounder and shotblocker. He's got some nice moves in the post but they're all finesse. Mid range jumpers decent but shaky.

We have to remember that Shareef was a victim of Adelmans offensive scheme which does not benefit a post player. He was being utilized inappropriately in the high post. Adelman didn't run the proper offensive sets when Reef was in the low post. Reef has game, he was a stud in college and he's still a stud now. Mussellman will put him to work...watch.
fan_since_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: