Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Teenage Mexican Hitman Sleeper Cells in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
guns are legal. almost every gun in mexico right now (in the hands of the cartels) was purchased legally in the US

Yeah i kinda had a different meaning/message that i failed to provide in that post.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah i kinda had a different meaning/message that i failed to provide in that post.

you were trying to be sarcastic with that, right?

I thought i saw that, but just went with it.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
you were trying to be sarcastic with that, right?

I thought i saw that, but just went with it.

I was. That was my agenda. But for guns being legal. I just meant to say lets do away with strict gun laws. Lets allow any and everyone to be able to purchase guns like I do video games. Mike has 3 felonies? So what, he can buy a handgun today. AR-15 assault rifle? Sold. I mean I dont live in Iraq but dont tell me i cant purchase one at Guns R Us right now and in 5mins post pix of it on ISH. I was kinda going in that direction with it but failed.

But I'm just not in support of making weed legal. Kinda too lazy to argue why and so forth. Eh
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #19
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Too bad the Constitution wasn't written in terms of today's issues, and has little to no practicality to today. There are way too many idiots these days. Kids gangbanging without conscience, terrorists, irresponsible parents, students with mental issues or on all kinds of anti-depressant medication where they just snap, etc. etc. to make carrying and having guns the norm. I sure as hell don't trust 95% of people in our country with guns. The gun defenses are a big joke to me. Like gun trainiing lol, when a lot of people who are trained with them are the same type of people who still ****up and shoot someone or shoot themself.

You officially have no credibility with me anymore.

Really, people like you actually scare me more then the slightly unhinged people with guns whom you refer to.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #20
PistolPete
The Pistol

Quote:
Its Cuban rejects into Florida crisis all over again, except from Mexico to Texas

I would ease up on that Cuban rejects nonsense. Cubans are nothing like Mexicans.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #21
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

sh*t's crazy, there's really no one more dangerous than teenagers 13-17 because they glamorize idiotic sh*t and are totally diluted about reality and consequences. i hope these kids get ass raped in jail.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #22
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20

Really, people like you actually scare me more then the slightly unhinged people with guns whom you refer to.
He does have a point about arms, but he's an idiot if he's talking about the entire constitution. Citizens having firearms is supposed to essentially be a fail safe against a corrupt government, where the citizens could defend themselves and their rights ala the militias during the revolutionary war. However, with the weapons today, if the government really wanted to, they could declare martial law and have their MILITARY do their bidding, in which case the firearms the citizens possess would be of little use.

With that being said, firearms sill serve a purpose of personal protection and in hunting. Criminals will get arms on the black market anyway, so having firearms for responsible adults isn't a problem IMO.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #23
ryantheporchkid
No Pun Intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
guns are legal. almost every gun in mexico right now (in the hands of the cartels) was purchased legally in the US
Source?
ryantheporchkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #24
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20

Its funny how you didn't address any of the examples i made. I can make a million comparisons that are completely different from back then to today that they could never have predicted. I'm not saying all of it since we should have rights, but its stupid to me how people pretend to try and hold so true to the constitution in every facet, especially the gun freaks with the right to bear arms.

What scares me are the gun advocates that think everyone packing is a good idea. Its some of the stupidest **** when i read people thinking students on a college campus should be able to carry firearms to defend themself against school shooters. Are you kidding me? Can people be that stupid? And gun advocates make some of the most retard reasons why they should be able to take their gun with them wherever they go like they have to be some of the most paranoid people walking around
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Too bad the Constitution wasn't written in terms of today's issues, and has little to no practicality to today. There are way too many idiots these days. Kids gangbanging without conscience, terrorists, irresponsible parents, students with mental issues or on all kinds of anti-depressant medication where they just snap, etc. etc. to make carrying and having guns the norm. I sure as hell don't trust 95% of people in our country with guns. The gun defenses are a big joke to me. Like gun trainiing lol, when a lot of people who are trained with them are the same type of people who still ****up and shoot someone or shoot themself.

And i'm looking at all of this in terms of our government being able to make a lot of money so we don't have to pay as much as taxpayers for all of the bailouts, and other BS going on to fix the economy. There are so many more ways our government can make money than to tax us and future generations, that will take away money criminals are making off of us on the black market. We just have way too many 'goody goods' in office that aren't practical more than morally righteous to a fault. Its just a joke they won't do some of this stuff when states can't even pay cops/teachere because their practically bankrupt so taxpayers have to flip the bill for years to come, because politicians want to cater to soccer moms ;p

lol wasnt that the same logic bush and cheney used.

like i said, democrats=republicans
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #26
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Its funny how you didn't address any of the examples i made. I can make a million comparisons that are completely different from back then to today that they could never have predicted. I'm not saying all of it since we should have rights, but its stupid to me how people pretend to try and hold so true to the constitution in every facet, especially the gun freaks with the right to bear arms.

What scares me are the gun advocates that think everyone packing is a good idea. Its some of the stupidest **** when i read people thinking students on a college campus should be able to carry firearms to defend themself against school shooters. Are you kidding me? Can people be that stupid? And gun advocates make some of the most retard reasons why they should be able to take their gun with them wherever they go like they have to be some of the most paranoid people walking around

How the hell is that a stupid reason?

(btw i totally remember myself having a conversation like this with cannonball when I used to be a stupid liberal like you)

If everybody's packing heat, nobody will bust out their guns unless they wish death upon themselves.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: