Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-13-2009, 04:23 PM   #1
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Marion Is "Pissed Off" In Toronto

Mar 13, 2009 4:56 PM EST

Shawn Marion has only played 10 games for the Raptors following a trade from the Heat, but he's already frustrated by the team's play.

"I'm pissed off," Marion said Thursday. "I am. I want to win.

"I don't want to go out there and lose every night. I didn't come here for this. I didn't expect this.

"Right now, we've got no fire. We've got to find that fire. That's what we need. We have a talented team, man. We have to pull together and help each other. We have to decide now if we're going to fold it up or look in the mirror, make a stride, and get on with it."

Toronto is 2-8 since Marion arrived and sits at 23-42, six games behind Milwaukee and Chicago for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference.

Via SLAM! Sports

Damn Marion isn't happy, he most likely won't want to sign a long term deal next year, considering if he does sign with Toronto, Toronto won't have enough money then to bring in a new legit guard, which leaves Toronto with the same team as this year for next year =(

If Marion leaves next year, all Colangelo's trades Tj Ford, etc were pointless because we ended up with nothing at all in the end .......

Last edited by jrcp3 : 03-13-2009 at 04:29 PM.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Marion Is "Pissed Off" In Toronto

You read to much into this (like usual). If you want to do it, we can go all the way back to the VC trade and getting the first rounders.

I find that if you want to play at your highest quality, you must see the high's and lows. This is just a stepping stone. We are getting there, just give it time.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
ejeezy
I airball my layups

ejeezy has an OK reputation so far

Precisely. Please refer to Miami last season.
ejeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

I honestly think the way to win is to get some home grown talent. Call me crazy, but if you look in certain sports some teams that stack the roster of home grown talent become legit contenders.

Common you ballers get out there and work on that jump shat.
You know the Raptors style of play taking SHATS. I was so disappointed at how many shats were taken in last nights game.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

he should be pissed with the way this team is playing. The thing is when stars on a team make such comments, like Bosh and Marion have, the team usually responds. This team has a collection of losers who have no desire to even stand up for their own dignity. Either that or this team is so badly setup that no amount of words/coaching/inspiration can help them win.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
I honestly think the way to win is to get some home grown talent. Call me crazy, but if you look in certain sports some teams that stack the roster of home grown talent become legit contenders.

Common you ballers get out there and work on that jump shat.
You know the Raptors style of play taking SHATS. I was so disappointed at how many shats were taken in last nights game.

A team of an aging Nash, Jamal Magloire, and Joel Anthony would dominate the NBA.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I wish there was a puking smilie for what RaininThrees just said haha
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #8
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Here's an idea.

A little less talk and a lot more action.

All anybody on this team is doing is talking.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: