Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 03-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

Default Top 10 International Players

Not just European players this can include players from South America, Asia, Canada, etc;

Heres my list
1. Dirk Nowitski
2. Yao Ming
3. Pau Gausol
4. Tony Parker
5. Manu Ginobli
6. Steve Nash
7. Hedo Turkoglu
8. Andris Biedrins
9. Mehmet Okur
10. Andrei Kirilenko
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Default Re: Top 10 International Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahjazzrock
Not just European players this can include players from South America, Asia, Canada, etc;

Heres my list
1. Dirk Nowitski
2. Yao Ming
3. Pau Gausol
4. Tony Parker
5. Manu Ginobli
6. Steve Nash
7. Hedo Turkoglu
8. Andris Biedrins
9. Mehmet Okur
10. Andrei Kirilenko

Manu needs to be moved up all i need to say
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #3
Taras Bulba
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahjazzrock

Heres my list
1. Dirk Nowitski
2. Yao Ming
3. Pau Gausol
4. Tony Parker
5. Manu Ginobli
6. Steve Nash
7. Hedo Turkoglu
8. Andris Biedrins
9. Mehmet Okur
10. Andrei Kirilenko
You know, there are international players OUTSIDE of the NBA too.
Taras Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
inaminute23
I airball my layups

I think all you peeps might have to reconsider your choices. A certain Mr Pops Mensah-Bonsu is lighting up The Air Canada centre in Toronto!

The Brits are coming!!!!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Goffer3
Butter Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaminute23
I think all you peeps might have to reconsider your choices. A certain Mr Pops Mensah-Bonsu is lighting up The Air Canada centre in Toronto!

The Brits are coming!!!!

It is his time. No doubt in my mind about that
Goffer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #6
huskyfan07
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Where do you think Ricky Rubio will rank on this list a few years from now?

Just found a great article on the kid...

http://www.aarontorres-sports.com/?p=636
huskyfan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
You know, there are international players OUTSIDE of the NBA too.
totally agree!!! I give up with all these so called basketball fans that in reallity are just NBA fans. The Euroleague final four just took place this weekend and I bet most of these guys didnt even see it.
Siskauskas,Andersen,Jasikevicius,Spanoulis etc etc had great games.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
Goon Time
i got neckts

Man I give that **** to the mother****er that always ****s my **** up when i see his ass ****ing around and doing that **** up international mother****ing style, i'm going for that ****-eyed ****face on moscow, what's his ****ing name?
Goon Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #9
Grinder

1. Dirk Nowitzki
  2. Yao Ming
  3. Pau Gasol
  4. Manu Ginobili
  5. Steve Nash
  6. Tony Parker
  7. Hedo Turkoglu
  8. Ramunas Siskauskas
  9. Mehmet Okur
  10. Andris Biedrins
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
totally agree!!! I give up with all these so called basketball fans that in reallity are just NBA fans. The Euroleague final four just took place this weekend and I bet most of these guys didnt even see it.

I don't understand just exactly what it is with NBA fans. There are two wonderful legit pro leagues in the world and they simply refuse to admit that one of them even exists. I agree with you there are a lot of NBA only fans that pretend to be "basketball fans".
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #11
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Of course most of us (in the U.S.A.) didn't see the Euroleague Final Four. Every time I go on the Internet I see the results well ahead of time because the games are only shown via tape delay (2-3 days delayed) on NBA TV channel.

If games were shown live and had a bit of marketing I bet it'd at least stand more of a chance.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #12
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
Of course most of us (in the U.S.A.) didn't see the Euroleague Final Four. Every time I go on the Internet I see the results well ahead of time because the games are only shown via tape delay (2-3 days delayed) on NBA TV channel.

If games were shown live and had a bit of marketing I bet it'd at least stand more of a chance.
Which is admirable on your part,my point is that if you dont know any international players other than the ones in the NBA, and there are some really poor ones that wouldnt make the grade in top european sides,then make a top international players in nba list. Sun Yue,Li,Ukic etc wouldnt make it in europe.Ukic was in 4 different teams in 4 years and not one of them was impressed yet he is playing in the NBA! Childress was one of the best 6th man in the NBA , in the euroleague he has been at best mediocre! Pargo a total joke.
In the Euroleague we have great players including americans that are more suited to this type of basketball.They are different types of basketball.
As for the brits are coming on another quote, please!!! Deng Sudanese. Gordon doesn't know the difference between big ben and westminster abbey.The brits don't care about basketball and it would be a disgrace to the likes of Belgrade,Vilnius etc to have the final four in London next year.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
Grinder

Quote:
Which is admirable on your part,my point is that if you dont know any international players other than the ones in the NBA, and there are some really poor ones that wouldnt make the grade in top european sides,then make a top international players in nba list. Sun Yue,Li,Ukic etc wouldnt make it in europe.Ukic was in 4 different teams in 4 years and not one of them was impressed yet he is playing in the NBA! Childress was one of the best 6th man in the NBA , in the euroleague he has been at best mediocre! Pargo a total joke.
In the Euroleague we have great players including americans that are more suited to this type of basketball.They are different types of basketball.
As for the brits are coming on another quote, please!!! Deng Sudanese. Gordon doesn't know the difference between big ben and westminster abbey.The brits don't care about basketball and it would be a disgrace to the likes of Belgrade,Vilnius etc to have the final four in London next year.

Li?

Childress was nowhere near one of the best 6th men in the NBA last year. He was pretty much the only other player besides Pachulia that could come off the bench.

Better sixth men last year: James Posey, Ben Gordon, Jerry Stackhouse, JR Smith, Rodney Stuckey, Mickael Pietrus, Carl Landry, Al Thornton, Juan Carlos Navarro, David Lee, Thaddeus Young, Leandro Barbosa, Travis Outlaw, John Salmons, Manu Ginobili, Jose Calderon, and Paul Millsap.

Olympiacos was dumb for offering a slightly above average bench player a monster contract and expecting him to be the star of their team.

Ukic wasn't great in Europe but he still started for Barca and Rome.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:06 AM   #14
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Better sixth men last year: James Posey, Ben Gordon, Jerry Stackhouse, JR Smith, Rodney Stuckey, Mickael Pietrus, Carl Landry, Al Thornton, Juan Carlos Navarro, David Lee, Thaddeus Young, Leandro Barbosa, Travis Outlaw, John Salmons, Manu Ginobili, Jose Calderon, and Paul Millsap.

More than half those guys would struggle in the same situation. Childress struggles is more about the nba game being incomplete, Childress is still a good nba player.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:30 AM   #15
inaminute23
I airball my layups

Quote:

Why are you against London having the Final 4?
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: