Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,886
Default vs. Pacers March 15th

all i have to say is

...POPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 and 8 in 21 mins...

now that that is out of the way

i thought we played efficiently, we out-rebounded them, we ran and we kept them below 40 percent: a recipe for success

what do you guys think of the game?
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
Jalen5
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 494
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

first half was crap, we played like a 20win team after 60ish+ games then pacer played like crap because of their offensive player kept turning the ball over like what Bosh did in the 1st quarter. Then came POPS MENSAH BONSU!!!

Rim Tearing dunks and out working 3 pacer for the OReb, best part was the fans gave him a standing O on 1 of those plays which shows how much the fans have grown watching raptor basketball since 95-96 year.

This might be a lost season but I dont care, I want to see Raptors win just like how the leafs rip 1 on the flames last night.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash
 
RaininThrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,001
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

"Toronto has scored at least 48 points in the paint in five consecutive contests. It had managed to score 48 points in the paint on just one occasion in the prior 62 games . . ."
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
inaminute23
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 89
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

As a British fan i'm loving Pops! The guy is class, pure & simple. What a great performance to day, and also only had 1 foul. Great to see him on the highlight reels, but is a shame the ****ty British media are not interested one little bit. Maybe if he jams one over Shaq he might get two lines in the paper lol. Anyway hope you keep jhold of him because he will get more court time than if he was to go back to the Spurs (rumour has it).
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #5
DJMason
High School JV MVP
 
DJMason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 683
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

I say we break up the whole core and build around Pops-I'm-Trying-To-Tear-The-Rim-Down-Mensah-Bonsu!!!

Of course I'm kidding...or am I???
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Tool
Ball til I fall
 
Tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rep Tdot til they bury me
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I say we break up the whole core and build around Pops-I'm-Trying-To-Tear-The-Rim-Down-Mensah-Bonsu!!!

Of course I'm kidding...or am I???

Lets see if he could drop 20+ on a contending team.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

When Shawn Marion finally remembered he had a game today that turned things around.

That dunk was filthy!
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
sipitri
Chuckwagoner
 
sipitri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 994
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Pops played great, Bargnani played great too (again) and the Marion's dunk was soo sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SfuY_GLdo

O-MY-GOD.
sipitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,500
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipitri
Pops played great, Bargnani played great too (again) and the Marion's dunk was soo sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SfuY_GLdo

O-MY-GOD.

As if that dunk was already posted on youtube.

Pretty ridiculous though.. that was one of the better dunks I've seen from a Raptors player since Vince.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,500
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I say we break up the whole core and build around Pops-I'm-Trying-To-Tear-The-Rim-Down-Mensah-Bonsu!!!

Of course I'm kidding...or am I???

Seriously though I know it's only been a couple of games.. but he is my new favourite Raptor. Hardest worker, best rebounder and toughest dunker on the squad. He reminds me of Maxiell a bit, but with a better shot.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Maxiell is a pretty good comparison, Max has a bigger body but Pop is more explosive.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
Tool
Ball til I fall
 
Tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rep Tdot til they bury me
Posts: 1,751
Angry Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Seriously though I know it's only been a couple of games.. but he is my new favourite Raptor. Hardest worker, best rebounder and toughest dunker on the squad. He reminds me of Maxiell a bit, but with a better shot.

I disagree. I watched two of the passed Friday night games live and despite his rebounding numbers he didn't really catch my attention. He did have a nice steal to lead to a breakaway dunk but that gets canceled out for taking a jump shot and hitting everything but rim. So I'd say plus on the rebounding, although I wouldn't say hes the working hard for them, its just no one else wants to get them.

HOWEVER and this is a big however because of today's game. If he can continually bring energy off the bench to a team that desperately needs it along with his toughness and willingness to grab rebounds I'd say give him minutes along with touches as long as he can get into the paint for easy looks. I don't wanna see anymore air balls and I like hes hops but I don't want him to get his fudge packed again like he did on friday night. Amazing rebound just gotta be smart with the ball.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #13
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

I don't know how you can say he's not working hard for them.

He has been fighting like a banshee in the paint to get position for boards.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
new noise
madvillain
 
new noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,481
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

It's pretty clear he's the only one playing with any heart out there, probably because he hasn't been around for this whole soul-crushing season.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,890
Default Re: vs. Pacers March 15th

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
It's pretty clear he's the only one playing with any heart out there, probably because he hasn't been around for this whole soul-crushing season.


His hustle was actually rubbing off on others today.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy