Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-16-2009, 06:29 AM   #16
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
The dude is ridiculously efficient. If this is a consistent trend he should be a starter for sure.

Against Indiana;

22 Minutes
21 Points (5/10 FG, 11/13 FT)
8 Rebounds

Regardless of how efficient he's been over his last 3 games, I'd prefer the team get someone established, and leave Pops to do what he's been doing so far... energy off the bench.

Remember the other athletic, raw 'diamond in the rough' the Raps had last year? How'd we all like him this year? I'm not saying Pops would go that way, but you just don't know. Love the guy so far.... not a starter.... yet.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #17
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Regardless of how efficient he's been over his last 3 games, I'd prefer the team get someone established, and leave Pops to do what he's been doing so far... energy off the bench.

Remember the other athletic, raw 'diamond in the rough' the Raps had last year? How'd we all like him this year? I'm not saying Pops would go that way, but you just don't know. Love the guy so far.... not a starter.... yet.
It's not like he's going to get much better, he turns 26 this year and has bounced around from league to league for a reason. The guys has great energy but he'll never be more than a bench player in the NBA.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #18
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

if they traded for melo the money would be spent on a SG eg. ben gordon and some back up, hoefully re sign delfino, then with the remaining money look for a starting big man, we also got our draft pick

let parker, marion and graham walk

bargnani should move to his more natural position of PF

melo and bosh make the same amount of money so theres no change there

we will be at about $45 million

gordon would be around $8 or $9 million

Delfino $3 million

Pops $2 million (possibly more but hopefully not)

so that would take us to 58 million, not sure what the cap will be but we can add a 3rd string swing via the draft to add depth at the SG/SF position then we need to find a starting big man or a veteren with experience (ala rasha nesterovic) we can sign cheaply to give us 25 solid minutes a night of defense, rebounding and a little inside scoring

Calderon / ukic / banks
Gordon / Delfino / 1st round
Melo / kapono / draft pick
Bargnani / Hump / Jawai
???? / Pops / O'Bryant

Last edited by craigthomasb : 03-16-2009 at 10:53 AM.
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I am sorry folks, Pops isn't starting in the NBA. He is an energy guy and they can have good games (Kendrick Perkins has 26 the other night). People get way too carried away.....now we can deal Bosh even easier because we have Pops! Come on now. There is a reason Pops hasn't been in the NBA.

I still can't beleive people think Jose is the issue. The guy has been hurt a lot this year. Wait to see with a new coach and full health, we can then evaluate that position. People want to move our PG and PF!! Of all the issues with this team.....
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #20
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. I personally just prefer the number one option to come from a swingman than a big. It's easier to find a big man that can just do the dirty work underneath to compliment a swing scorer than it is to find a siwngman to compliment big man scorer.

This move would allow Bargs to move to his natural position as well. It solves the Raps problem of finding a good SF.

Melo hasn't had a great year but with a change of scenary it's not hard to see him getting back to his 26ppg. He's also a good rebounding SF so he could make up for Barg's deficiencies in that area. And he gets to the line all the time which i love.

No way he plays 2 spot though....that position is just not a fit for him.

Bring in Melo, and we'd have Calderon, Melo and Bargs to build around and we could go hunting for a big man to man the middle.

Great idea, I'm all for it...excpet for the part where you listed him as a SG, kept marion and started Pops...that's all very strange to me. but yer on the right path!!
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Am I the only one who thinks that there's no way that Denver makes this deal? With Chauncey aging who is going to make big shots for them going forward? 'Cause we know it damn sure aint gonna be Bosh.

And I gotta agree with Rapsfan on this one, Pops can never start for us. You do realise that half of his points came in bonafide garbage time yesterday right? (hence him being on the floor) I love what he brings for us but come on.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #22
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
The dude is ridiculously efficient. If this is a consistent trend he should be a starter for sure.

Against Indiana;

22 Minutes
21 Points (5/10 FG, 11/13 FT)
8 Rebounds

If he could make that a consistent trend he wouldn't have been in the D-League and Italy the past few years.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #23
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
if they traded for melo the money would be spent on a SG eg. ben gordon and some back up, hoefully re sign delfino, then with the remaining money look for a starting big man, we also got our draft pick

Delfino $3 million

so that would take us to 58 million, not sure what the cap will be but we can add a 3rd string swing via the draft to add depth at the SG/SF position then we need to find a starting big man or a veteren with experience (ala rasha nesterovic) we can sign cheaply to give us 25 solid minutes a night of defense, rebounding and a little inside scoring

Calderon / ukic / banks
Bargnani / Hump / Jawai
???? / Pops / O'Bryant

this would be perfect!

if only they didnt have to defend...

Last edited by hassano : 03-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
If he could make that a consistent trend he wouldn't have been in the D-League and Italy the past few years.

Stranger things have happened.. but my expectations are still low.

I like his hustle and boxing out though.. only person who boxes out on the entire team. No wonder he gets so many boards..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Delfino $3 million

Calderon / ukic / banks
Bargnani / Hump / Jawai
???? / Pops / O'Bryant

If Thabeet or Hill drop they could be solid pickups for our frontcourt. I highly doubt they will be on the board past 4. Hopefully we drop 4 spots..
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #26
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I 100% want him to be re-signed in the off-season, but never as a starter.

He is the perfect kind of guy to have off the bench, especially on a team lacking athleticism, rebounding and toughess.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #27
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Quote:
Calderon / ukic / banks
Bargnani / Hump / Jawai
???? / Pops / O'Bryant

No matter who you start at center, that would automatically be a bottom five defensive team in the NBA.

A Calderon/Gordon backcourt? Yuck.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #28
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
No matter who you start at center, that would automatically be a bottom five defensive team in the NBA.

A Calderon/Gordon backcourt? Yuck.

That is why I said resign Marion & not Gordon I know Melo will be playing out of position but look at his skill level everyone in this forum knows he can guard respectivly all SG, SF & PF and he will have to guard the weeker of the 2 on each team with Marion on our roster...

Like for instance if we play the Lakers the match up would be:

Fisher Vs. Jose
Kobe Vs. Marion >-----------
Walton Vs. Melo >----------- Marion, Melo & Pops Can all switch at anytime!
Odem Vs. Pops >-----------
Gasol Vs. AB

With this line up we would be much better on defence with Melo being the go to guy and AB and jose being the second and 3rd options!

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-16-2009 at 05:00 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

There is no way you want Marion and Melo chasing around 2 guards all season long. As much as Marion 'could' guard a lot of 2's, that is simply mis-management of his ability. He can guard Yao Ming also, but that doesn't mean that is the best option.

And no team with Pops starting is winning anything.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #30
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

People are forgetting our high draft pick. I would love a Melo and Bosh swap but that is an obvious that Marion will have to walk. Sign Ben Gordan.

Jose Calderon/Carlos Delfino/Roko Ukic
Ben Gordan/Carlos Delfino
Carmelo Anthony/Kapono
Blake Griffin (I joke i joke)/Pops
Andrea Bargnani/whoever
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: