Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Default Iverson Happy For The Nuggets

Quote:
Iverson excited, proud of his former team

It hasn't been the best of years for Allen Iverson.

The Nuggets went to a new level without him. The Pistons? They were 24-30 with A.I. in the lineup. When speculation arose that a back injury might subside enough for him to return for the playoffs, Pistons coach Michael Curry said thanks, but no. Stay home.

So what does Iverson think of the Nuggets' charge through the playoffs? Good luck snagging those quotes. You've got a better chance of making a fortune in GM stock.

Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, didn't return an e-mail from The Post, but his business agent, Gary Moore, did. For the record, here's what he had to say:

"We are very excited about the success of the Nuggets. We both follow them all of the time and we could not be more proud of what they have accomplished so far this season. We made a lot of friends in the Denver area and we are happy for them as well.

"Unfortunately, Allen is not available for an interview. However, you can be assured that he joins me in being happy for the city of Denver, Carmelo, J.R. and all of his former teammates. We wish for them continued success and hopefully they can bring a championship to Denver."

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 05-23-2009 at 12:13 AM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: Iverson Proud Of His Former Team

A.I. may have only been in Denver for a short while, but his heart was and will always be a Denver Nugget. I know his home was back in Philly, but he was a changed man in Denver he became mature and worked hard for his teammates like Melo and JR. I think that's why he still has got love for Denver.

Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
OneMoreSucka
NBA Superstar

He's so proud he had to have his agent say it for him...sigh...
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
A.I. may have only been in Denver for a short while, but his heart was and will always be a Denver Nugget. I know his home was back in Philly, but he was a changed man in Denver he became mature and worked hard for his teammates like Melo and JR. I think that's why he still has got love for Denver.

Well, they're all still good friends so it's understandable he'd want to show support for them if not for the organization. But, it's not like he left the team on bad terms or anything, we all know that it just didn't work out the way that both sides had hoped for it to and a move had to be made, which at that time seemed like an ideal move for both he and the Nuggets organization, so really, no love lost between the two either.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
He's so proud he had to have his agent say it for him...sigh...
Yeah, it would have meant 10x more if he said it himself, but it's good to know he supports the Nuggets.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: