Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default drake over rated?

I mean he's not terrible or anything and he's gotta couple nice jams but so far gone is not all that good... maybe just not my style but people are hyping him like crazy and i'm not feeling it.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board
Default Re: drake over rated?

Hes got some nice songs and lines. He was already and actor has a large female fan base and I have the feeling he will blow sky high. Bold statement: He may be the most famous rapper to not have an album today. Plus he can sing a little wihtout the auto tune.

Only problem is that they may not now what kind of single to give him. If they go to pop and girly then it may backfire. He may not tottally go with the hardcore scene either.

EDIT: May be a So Far Gone stan because of CP3 being on after Unstoppable. I really like all the rap songs especially Uptown but the R&B tracks are a little annoying.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
Hes got some nice songs and lines. He was already and actor has a large female fan base and I have the feeling he will blow sky high. Bold statement: He may be the most famous rapper to not have an album today. Plus he can sing a little wihtout the auto tune.

Only problem is that they may not now what kind of single to give him. If they go to pop and girly then it may backfire. He may not tottally go with the hardcore scene either.

EDIT: May be a So Far Gone stan because of CP3 being on after Unstoppable. I really like all the rap songs especially Uptown but the R&B tracks are a little annoying.
uptown is a decent jam... but it's not really that special and everything else was meh to me
Old 04-13-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
uptown is a decent jam... but it's not really that special and everything else was meh to me

It may be a little too...all over the place. I feel he doesnt really havee a signature sound coming from Toronto and all. One song like November 18th has a totally southern sound while unstoppablle is on some weezy kind of stuff. I think Comeback Season > So Far Gone.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOHCP3
It may be a little too...all over the place. I feel he doesnt really havee a signature sound coming from Toronto and all. One song like November 18th has a totally southern sound while unstoppablle is on some weezy kind of stuff. I think Comeback Season > So Far Gone.
haven't heard comeback season. link?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

The Best I Ever Had is my favorite Drake joint. I can't get that song out of my head.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
haven't heard comeback season. link?

http://www.zshare.net/download/512633254cabe63b/
for dl and you can youtube song by song if you want.. tracklisting Good songs in bold
Intro

The Presentation
Comeback Season If youre a Jay fan.. this a good song.
Closer (ft. Andreena Mill)
Replacement Girl (ft. Trey Songz) Like it but its kind of Bow Wowish
City Is Mine
Barry Bonds (Freestyle)
Going In For Life Fave song by far...
Where To Now
Give Ya (ft. Trey Songz)
Don’t U Have A Man (ft. Little Brother & Dwele)
Bich Is Crazy
The Last Hope (ft. Kardinal Offishall & Andreena Mill)
Must Hate Money (ft. Rich Boy)
Asthma Team
Do What U Do (Remix) (ft. The Clipse) .. this ones okay.. beats not that great
Easy To Please (ft. Richie Sosa)
Faded
Underdog (ft. Trey Songz)
Think Good Thoughts
Teach U A Lesson
Missin You (Remix)
Man Of The Year (ft. Lil Wayne)

Last edited by NOHCP3 : 04-13-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man of the Year sick song.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #9
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
The Best I Ever Had is my favorite Drake joint. I can't get that song out of my head.

That;s one of my fav's too..I like alot of the tracks on SFG..Drake is not overrated at all,he is very nice with his flow and has great lyrics.Underrated IMO.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

drake overrated? f*ck no
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
drake overrated? f*ck no
maybe it's just around here but everyone is hyping him so hard right now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: