Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Smush talks smack about the Lakers, Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adyWRtWoFM&eurl

Wow. I wanted him off the team after he imploded against Phoenix (the first time he imploded, not the second/third/fourth time). And now it turns out the guy didn't even appreciate what he had.

Good riddance.

Edit: To be fair, most of his hate is directed at Kobe, not the Lakers. It's still a bunch of sniping and sourgraping by a marginal player, however.

Last edited by Frank Foley : 03-16-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Smush talks smack about the Lakers, Kobe

Crud, I just realized that someone posted this on the main forum. Feel free to delete this thread, mods.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
nicknamefrank
Serious playground baller

nicknamefrank has an OK reputation so far

Whatever, he said whatever he felt like saying
He doesn't have to like kobe
nicknamefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what a lil b!tch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN51HcWCwGs

Wtf? listen to his comments here.

Forget that lil chicken sh!t..
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
nicknamefrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
what a lil b!tch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN51HcWCwGs

Wtf? listen to his comments here.

Forget that lil chicken sh!t..

k well obviously, you don't just diss a teammate when you are playing with them.
(Unless you're kobe/shaq of course )
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
Crud, I just realized that someone posted this on the main forum. Feel free to delete this thread, mods.

no way, it stays! we gotta remind lakerfreak who was one of his biggest supporters!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #7
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknamefrank
Whatever, he said whatever he felt like saying
He doesn't have to like kobe

I don't have a per se problem with anyone disliking Kobe, but I do have a problem with players lashing out at former teammates. It's bad enough when someone like Shaq does it, but when a journeyman starts spewing this garbage? Blech.

Smush talks about how Kobe basically singlehandedly ruined his Lakers experience. Kobe carried that horrible team--with Smush as a starting guard--to two straight playoff appearances. If Smush hadn't been such a fragile-minded, ADHD-addled scrub, EVERY Laker fan's experience would have been a lot better. Kobe Bryant was not what was wrong with that team; players with bad attitudes and poor work ethic--players such as Smush Parker--were.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i just listened to the clip...

for someone who has no game, he sure talks like he's all that... what a freaking joke...

he's a total puss, and that's why he did not like kobe... he could not handle being challenged to be his best rather than a scrub.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
nicknamefrank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
I don't have a per se problem with anyone disliking Kobe, but I do have a problem with players lashing out at former teammates. It's bad enough when someone like Shaq does it, but when a journeyman starts spewing this garbage? Blech.

Smush talks about how Kobe basically singlehandedly ruined his Lakers experience. Kobe carried that horrible team--with Smush as a starting guard--to two straight playoff appearances. If Smush hadn't been such a fragile-minded, ADHD-addled scrub, EVERY Laker fan's experience would have been a lot better. Kobe Bryant was not what was wrong with that team; players with bad attitudes and poor work ethic--players such as Smush Parker--were.

well this is true from a fan's perspective. I personally dont know what goes on in the locker rooms so if he feels how kobe ruined the lakers, then thats just his point of view.
Like from a neutral point of view, he's entitled to say whatever he wants. Since we don't know what exactly kobe did to make him feel that way, I don't think we should just attack him for saying it, no matter how bad his tenure was especially in his last days as a laker
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #10
Lone Laker

Lone Laker has an OK reputation so far

Just as a side note, why was Smush released from Miami? Why doesn't any other team want him? I feel you must consider the source.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
Frank Foley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknamefrank
well this is true from a fan's perspective. I personally dont know what goes on in the locker rooms so if he feels how kobe ruined the lakers, then thats just his point of view.
Like from a neutral point of view, he's entitled to say whatever he wants. Since we don't know what exactly kobe did to make him feel that way, I don't think we should just attack him for saying it, no matter how bad his tenure was especially in his last days as a laker

Sure he's entitled to say what he wants. But he's lobbing stones from a glass house.

There's copious evidence that Smush was a pathetic flake who shrunk under pressure. I don't say this to attack the guy (though it seems that way), but to point out someone like Smush wouldn't mesh very well with someone like Kobe.

Is it possible Kobe was actually doing mean and terrible things to Smush? Sure, but there's nothing to suggest as such. Occam's razor dictates that we make as few assumptions as possible; it's much more likely that Smush, in the midst of one of his patented choke jobs, incurred Kobe's wrath, leading to hurt feelings.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Laker
Just as a side note, why was Smush released from Miami? Why doesn't any other team want him? I feel you must consider the source.

he had an "issue" with a parking attendant, as i recall. i also don't think riley liked his work ethic.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

those are the west 4th street courts in greenwich village. it's right next to nyu. i used to walk passed those courts all the time.

what is the purpose of his kobe hate? it's strange
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #14
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGrapes
those are the west 4th street courts in greenwich village. it's right next to nyu. i used to walk passed those courts all the time.

what is the purpose of his kobe hate? it's strange

it is very strange... funny that you know the area too!

i honestly think it speaks to Smush's mental weakness that i have commented on in the past. he's not nba material. yes, he has physical gifts, but mentally, he's soft.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #15
purple8gold

purple8gold has an OK reputation so far

Sigh. I dunno, man. Sourgrapes. Bitterfock. Does he ever think before he talks? IDK
purple8gold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: