Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #31
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Smush talks smack about the Lakers, Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers73
He was a horrible PG. Glad he's gone and Fish is back!

And that's the bottom line!!

Who gives a rats behind what this loser thinks about ANYTHING? I bet if the Lakers offered him a job he'd jump at the chance for another "overrated" experience.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #32
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Smush is way out of kobe's league.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:52 AM   #33
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well calmly speaking, I still don't think there was much of a difference.

Peoply blamed the whole downfall of those 2 seasons on smush and I just can't agree with that.

I think if Smush was playing next to Pau, Bynum, Kobe, it would have been much better.

Im not taking anything away from fisher. I just think people desperately wanted a PG with an already proven name.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #34
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lakerfreak the guy got replaced by a rookie point gaurd going into the playoffs...

not saying it was all smush's fault, but still he was really a lousy player with a worse attitude
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lakerfreak the guy got replaced by a rookie point gaurd going into the playoffs...

not saying it was all smush's fault, but still he was really a lousy player with a worse attitude

I agree,

I just think replacing him by Farmar was the worst thing. We all put farmar on a pedastol...look how farmar has been lately? He's been just as bad. I know smush's attitude was terrible...but I honestly think smush had the skills...it was all there...he just got too butt hurt.

Farmar is bothering me right now thugh.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #36
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol...i have never put farmar on anything, speak for yourself on that one... i've yet to be impressed by farmar for more than a game or two here and there
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol...i have never put farmar on anything, speak for yourself on that one... i've yet to be impressed by farmar for more than a game or two here and there

I didn't either. I said his potential was really good.

Just watching him bothers me, his reluctance to pass to Kobe, his poor play because nothing goes his way.

The bench is suffering because he isn't playing like a point guard, he isn't even playing like a basketball player. I hope we make a change soon because at this rate we're going to have to ask Derek to play 48 minutes a game.

Seriously, what happened to shammond williams? he was better than farmar. Tierre Brown was better than farmar. Chucky Atkins was even better than Farmar.

If Farmar keeps playing like a sh!tbird, he's going to make us lose in the playoffs because of his attitude rubbing off on the bench.

Im seriously thinking Odom should move to the PG position when Fisher gets tired and sits. He'd be much better than Farmar I bet. Everyone else seems to be.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #38
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Farmar's issue is built into the early development of his pg mentality. Which he hasn't been able to shake away. When he played at UCLA he was a perimeter point guard. Meaning Farmar hovered outside relying on post passes and his outside shooting to get by. Which was ok in the NCAA.

Charging the basket has become a mission for him to redevelop and adapt his tendencies to be a successful triangle point guard. Unfortunately for Farmar his discipline to stick with his new found pg strategy has been jeckyll & hyde.

I hated the Farmar pick. I was cursing the tv, Mitch and my friends. Farmar had 2 decent games during March Madness, but clearly played differently over those games compared to the regular season and the out game.

Last edited by LakersLaLaLand : 03-31-2009 at 01:48 PM.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #39
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Seriously, what happened to shammond williams? he was better than farmar. Tierre Brown was better than farmar. Chucky Atkins was even better than Farmar.

Were you emotional when you typed this? Are you still on board with this?

Shammond was a joke.

Atkins was a joke. He hit alot of 3's but was a Chucker. Hence the padded pts and 3 point makes. He passed the ball to Kobe often. Does that make him better? Atkins was is a worse defender than Farmar. At least Farmar occasionally moves his feet.

Tierre Brown...I don't remember so much.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
Were you emotional when you typed this? Are you still on board with this?

Shammond was a joke.

Atkins was a joke. He hit alot of 3's but was a Chucker. Hence the padded pts and 3 point makes. He passed the ball to Kobe often. Does that make him better? Atkins was is a worse defender than Farmar. At least Farmar occasionally moves his feet.

Tierre Brown...I don't remember so much.

You're missing my point which was a very simple one...Farmar is letting his personal agenda ruin team chemistry. If someone isn't going to pass to a player on the team just because they don't like them, there are major problems and we will not win the championship. lol Atkins would be so much better in this system than Farmar. Atkins is naturally a better shooter anyways. He was a worse defender, but Jordan isn't a good defender either and if you are trying to make a case that he is, you will lose.

Give us any spot up shooting point guard over farmar and we will be much better off.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #41
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
You're missing my point which was a very simple one...Farmar is letting his personal agenda ruin team chemistry. If someone isn't going to pass to a player on the team just because they don't like them, there are major problems and we will not win the championship. lol Atkins would be so much better in this system than Farmar. Atkins is naturally a better shooter anyways. He was a worse defender, but Jordan isn't a good defender either and if you are trying to make a case that he is, you will lose.

Give us any spot up shooting point guard over farmar and we will be much better off.

I agree none of them are competent avg defenders. I would never take another stance.

Atkins was a better spot up shooter. But was barely getting pt in denver and is now with Oklahoma. Getting 14-18 minutes lately with very very very little success. Three 3's over the last 8 games.

Chucky Atkins Yahoo Game Log

Atkins from 04-05 is a better shooter. 2009 Atkins....

Last edited by LakersLaLaLand : 03-31-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #42
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

And back to your point of Farmars personal agenda. I completely get your point and I am on board. His agenda is embedded into his natural skills. Which I said is to be a perimeter shooting point guard.

He doesn't have a strong ability to pass-the-ball, create space, passing angles, driving & dishing resulting in good looks or layups for his teammates.

Remember in the last game...when Farmar was heading a 3 on 1 fast break with powell on the right wing and Kobe trailing. Farmar couldn't get the 1 defender to commit. Improperly used the ball and his position to clear the lane. Then he throws up a half a$$ alley oop. That hits Powell in the gut and nuts. Nowhere near the rim. Or be smart and dump the ball off the Kobe instead of Powell.

There are many things Farmar could have done. But he doesn't have it in him. He needs to learn or be coached up. Or see a psychologist to supress his crappy pg traits.

1) Better alley oop pass

2) He could have crossed the lane bringing the defender with him opening the lane of the trailing kobe. Or passed the ball ahead to Powell.

3) Charged harder to the hole. Erasing the defender and dumping to Kobe.

4) Give and go with Powell. Forcing the defender to turn his body and hips to powell. And Powell would/should touch pass it back to Farmar or Kobe with an open layup.

Instead he compounded the terrible laker play on sunday.

We need these stupid skating championships to end already. So they can practice at home.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: