Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 07-02-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sixers after Ben Wallace and Jared Jeffries

I think we can get Jeffries but i dont know about Ben Wallace. Pistons just gave ben a big offer. King went for Defence in the draft and now Billy King is going for defence in free agency. What are ur opinions on these moves. Do you think we can get Big Ben or Jared?
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

i dont think our chances are about 5% to get ben wallace, but jeffries is within reach. He could be a backup power forward and/or a starting wing.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Ben may only come if iverson stays lolol ..then sixers would seriously have a chance to make a run ...pf-webber C-Wllace sg-Iverson
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

omg, picture that...our lineup would be this:
pg:iverson, green
sg:carney, jones
sf:iguodala, korver
pf:webber, randolph
c:wallace, hunter

im assuming that if we get wallace to sign here we'd be trading dalembert to the pistons, cuz we cant jus sign him. It'd have to be a sign and trade.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

I dont think we have a chance on landing Wallace. I've changed my mind about Jeffries though. He could be of some use playing SF or PF, PF only if we decide on a quick lineup with Webber on the bench.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

Phillys dumb if u guys can get ben wallace and they trade iverson u filled a hole but u created a bigger hole to fill lolol ..stupid Billy King i feel sorry for u guys..ur problem is management not the players ..u guys are in a way better position than the knicks and most low end eastern conference teams lol and in philly it seems like theyre making ur team out to b the knicks..u guys r just missing 1 or 2 counterparts and you will b good ..key thing though Iverson is ur SHOOTING GUARD ..not ur PG ...get a real point guard..willie green is even a SG lolol u guys problem is ur playin ur players outta position also lolol ..Give Cheeks the Boot.

Last edited by 23jordan23 : 07-03-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

u said lol like every other word, and for ur post, we cant fire cheeks because weve changed coaches 4 times in the last 3 years. Billy king's final chance is this year, otherwise, hes gone. We do need a pg, but not REALLY badly, thats not our main problem. Our main problem is we are sooo inconsistent, and we werent that athletic but our draft took care of that big time. We just need another pf or center for insurance. A point guard would help also.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

so are u talking with the hopes u guys keep A.I and get a point Guard? Ya i agree for years philly was lacking in the PG department only Eric Snow was a gem for them cuz he didnt care about taking shots. u guys just need to find another Eric but with alittle more scoring ..there is alot of PGs available ..maybe u guys should give speedy Claxton another chance he seems to developed alot better since leaving philly him n iverson would b one of the fastest backcourts in the leauge ..it just would b tough if u had to play a team with 2 big guards..like washington or sumthin
Old 07-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #9
Baller
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Baller has an OK reputation so far

Jeffries sucks. It's as simple as that. His defense is WAY overrated. I've seen him get torched alot. I might sign him at the lower LLE, but no way would I ever think about giving this guy a deal in the 5 to 6 million dollar range. That's just stupid. But then again, look at our dumb GM.
Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:34 AM   #10
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

yeah i think we need a point guard, but its not the main problem. AI did average 7.5 assists per game...but we also need another big that plays d. Claxton couldnt work cuz hes too small, thats y we traded him in the first place. But the problem is we dont have any choices for a true point guard, we passed on marcus williams, so we dont have options. I think the only way we get a true point guard is by trading ai, which i dont want. So he needs to last at least 1 year longer at pg, and i think he can. We need a big point guard, like at least 6-3.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #11
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Ben Wallace will probably be a Bull. I don't like Jeffries.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:26 PM   #12
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Chicago Tribune - The Detroit Pistons on Monday tried last-minute attempts at a sign-and-trade with the Knicks and the 76ers involving Ben Wallace, but Wallace rejected both opportunities to come to the Bulls.

Wallace is set to sign a four year, $60 million contract with Chicago on July 12 that immediately will change the face of the franchise.

LINK

So close. With Wallace we couldve owned the Atlantic and propel us to near contender status. Maybe King offered Dalembert and Iguodala. That's the only way i see the Pistons doing it. So far the only additions have only been from the draft. Im getting a little concerned now since all the experienced vets have been signing and we might be left with adding undrafted players and rejects like last year.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:22 PM   #13
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

yeah, that might happen. I think we wouldve signed and traded dalembert, iguodala wasnt a part of it. I wouldnt want to do that anyways cuz ben is makin 15 million a year, and with him and ai and webber, thatd be 50 mill by themselves.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: