Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 03-19-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Honest thoughts on Chuck Hayes?

I really do not like this guy. he should be a 3rd string big in my opinion at the most. i understand that he hustles a little bit but i look at other team's backup center and think that almost all of them are better than what the rockets have. I cant stand when he enters the game. i would much rather see deke or landry checking in for yao.

offensively i dont think i need to say much.... guy is ammong the worst in the league.

defensively. hustle will do you some good, but i feel that he is so undersized that his defense is a little over rated. I am the only one that feels this way about the Chuckster? please tell me i am not alone.....
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Honest thoughts on Chuck Hayes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
I really do not like this guy. he should be a 3rd string big in my opinion at the most. i understand that he hustles a little bit but i look at other team's backup center and think that almost all of them are better than what the rockets have. I cant stand when he enters the game. i would much rather see deke or landry checking in for yao.

offensively i dont think i need to say much.... guy is ammong the worst in the league.

defensively. hustle will do you some good, but i feel that he is so undersized that his defense is a little over rated. I am the only one that feels this way about the Chuckster? please tell me i am not alone.....

I see where your coming from. When he 1st came to the team I didn't like him either, but I payed him closer attention and I kinda liked what I saw. Yea he'll have games where he's getting killed (It doesn't happen often), but thats everyone in the NBA, it happens to Yao, Scola, it happened to Artest the other day when we played the Lakers. He gets a few steals for us, contest shots, and is good at taking charges. He will never be good on offense but his D makes up for that.

Chuck is the 3rd string. Sometimes if Yao gets into early foul trouble, he will check in, but he is the 3rd. You can't rely on him on offense because that isn't his game, but sometimes his defense gets over looked. Not many players can get around Chuck Hayes because he's so strong, so he forces players to shoot over him. I do agree with you that Mutumbo needs to get more PT, he got some verses the Pistons yesterday so maybe he will start to get more PT while Landry is out.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: