Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
usa hoops
Serious playground baller

usa hoops has decent reputation
Default Re: I don't even see the value in having a daughter anymore

If you have a daughter, and she doesn't have you and her mom living in the same house, it's almost a guarantee that she'll become everything you fear.
usa hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
This is another prime example of kids thinking they invented wild times.

Bingo.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

This might have been sparked by my thread but I kinda agree. You just gotta be there for your child to make sure shes not an "internet whore". I know that sounds simplified but its the truth. On the flip side the girls that aren't my daughter and over 18 are fair game. I'm a guy I like gals so its settled.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #34
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Retrograde patriarchal thinking is strong in this thread.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #35
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

I used to chill with the science teachers back in high school and they all agreed that raising a daughter was far more difficult than raising a son. Girls are flat out evil to each other and they are huge headcases.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:29 PM   #36
usa hoops

On the bright side, girls in America don't have to wear hijabs (muslim attire) that covers everything but the eyes.

Girls still get stoned to death if they wear make up. In Iran, a girl was killed because she was walking with her boyfriend
http://richarddawkins.net/article,90...e,Nazila-Fathi
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
If everyone thought the way you did we would all be homos.

I'm not concerned with everyone. I'm concerned with me.

Quote:
Sit there and think on that.If this silly paranoia and insecurity of having a daughter existed in every male? Nation full of homos.

I'm sure most of the men of the world harbor some kind of paranoia regarding having a daughter and raising her. Some as much as me, many not. Would it make a difference either way? No, and it doesn't, considering whether you are paranoid about having a daughter or not has nothing to do with whether you get one.

Quote:
Would you prefer your son be gay? And also what are you saying about guys who dont think this way and want kids? Or guys who do have kids and they are girls? The Nelson laugh "Ha! Ha!"

What? I'm not saying any of that. I think i've made it clear over and over again in this thread that this is how I feel about myself and my future self. I don't speak for anyone else nor do I claim to have insight or influence into anyone else's feelings on the matter.

Quote:
Like whew i dodged a bullet. You guys? Enjoy your future myspace sluts. Because today? Females values and respect are low. So you're basically slamming the fathers AND mothers. Yanno the woman who bare the fathers seed that these two arent going to be able to raise a woman. They are screwed and meanwhile your son could be screwing thier daughter. But I'm sure you'll allow that. You'll put your lil disappointed act for good show. But your son having sex wouldnt be a big deal. Your daughter? Oh no, call the paramedics, i think you're having a heart attack!

Quote:
Seriously think about how silly you sound. I admit I thought this way when i was a juvenile but grew up. Check this, the female that you plan to put a seed in? What do you think her past story is? Virgin Mary? hat about your sister if you have one? Or your mother & aunts? F*cking nuns right? You're sadly mistaken and naive to think there were time periods before the myspace, text messaging age went into full bloom everyone was innocent.

Sure. But none of those people are my daughter, whom I am responsible for, in constant contact with, and have more invested in from the day she is born until death. You're acting like there is no difference between the relationship of a man and his sister/mother/wife and that of a man and his daughter. Guess what? You're wrong. I will view my daughter (if I have one) way different than I would any other woman present in my life, even if you don't. If that rubs you the wrong way than you can **** off.

Quote:
There are people who cant even bare/have children. You think they give a damn about your silly rant on not wanting a daughter? Praying hard for a son based on your silly remarks?

I don't really give a sh!t what they think, actually.

Quote:
Give me a break. Having a child is one of the most beautiful things in this world. You created another lifeform. That will exist on this planet having a piece of your makeup. So when they reproduce a piece of you will be present in thier kids, kids and so on. You cant buy that. Its priceless, just like the moment your LADY who is a FEMALE gives birth. You actually think it would be a bitter sweet feeling to hear the "Its a girl!" after your LADY who is a FEMALE pushes her out?

I love watching people who enjoy the sound of their own voice get on that soapbox. They always go to town.

Listen. I'm not saying that if I have a daughter I won't love her and give her everything I can. I would. I'm saying that to me, the benefits of having a daughter seem like they would be outweighed by the drawbacks, and if I can help it I would like to avoid it.

If I have a daughter will that change? Perhaps. But until I do, I won't know and I can only say what I feel.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #38
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
This might have been sparked by my thread but I kinda agree. You just gotta be there for your child to make sure shes not an "internet whore". I know that sounds simplified but its the truth. On the flip side the girls that aren't my daughter and over 18 are fair game. I'm a guy I like gals so its settled.

How many people are actually true internet whores...What percentage? you guys must be hanging around a different class of women.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #39
usa hoops

Now, ask moms about having a son.

Most moms freak out when they see their sons try dangerous sports.
Moms are probably more concerned about who their boy will marry, as opposed to their daughters.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #40
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa hoops

Moms are probably more concerned about who their boy will marry, as opposed to their daughters.

Playing football and riding dirtbikes vs sleeping with the entire school. Apples vs oranges dude.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #41
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
How many people are actually true internet whores...What percentage? you guys must be hanging around a different class of women.

I put that in quotation for a reason. Internet whores charge money per minute.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #42
usa hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Playing football and riding dirtbikes vs sleeping with the entire school. Apples vs oranges dude.

Just drawing a comparison.

Moms do seem to have a "whore radar". They seem to spot a whore a mile away.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #43
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Just drawing a comparison.

Moms do seem to have a "whore radar". They seem to spot a whore a mile away.

Any human being with half a brain can spot a whore from a mile away.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:43 PM   #44
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I used to chill with the science teachers back in high school and they all agreed that raising a daughter was far more difficult than raising a son. Girls are flat out evil to each other and they are huge headcases.

I think I would agree with this. My niece is FAR more of a headache than my nephew is. She keeps us worried because she does the most stupid things. She is only 20 and wants to have a 3rd kid and she's got cervical cancer problems that she will not take care of. Her husband is a pill popping loser. She works two jobs while he works none. He calls her a fat lazy whore when he don't even work. But she still stays with him no matter what. That's what I can't stand about females. Alot of them will stick with the biggest losers no matter what.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #45
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Actually, girls i've talked to have said they'd rather have a son because quote "You only have one d!ck to worry about instead of hundreds."
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: