Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default PSA: Do Not Go See The Movie Knowing

It is absolutely horrible. Nicholas Cage's worst movie to date. And Im not a Cage hater....I actually loved Weather Man and Lord of War and was cool with National treasure and some other movies. But this one crossed the line Mr. Cage, it was laughably bad. Please tell everone you know not to see this.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: PSA: Do Not Go See The Movie Knowing

Nick Cage is starting to have a mediocre career. I think hes very talented but the movies hes acting in are ****ty.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Hate Cage, but thought the premise was interesting. Did it end up being stupid aliens or something related to that?
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even the reviewer in my local paper said go see it and I've he's encouraged people to see literally everything that's come out in the last 3/4 years. His reviews go from "a monument to modern cinema" to "very good, worth seeing."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Hate Cage, but thought the premise was interesting. Did it end up being stupid aliens or something related to that?

Spoiler Yeah, it wasnt aliens that did destroyed the world(super solar flare) but they save the two kids. These are the same aliens that whisper and borderline torture the children throughout the movie. But the aliens/weird people arent just aliens they are angles/aliens(God is an alien alusion)..The the kids are transported to a new world via awesome spaceship and the move ends with them running towards the tree of forbidden fruit.

I had to start laughing multiple times during the climax. I just couldnt hold it in.

Last edited by Younggrease : 03-21-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've said this many times on here, Cage is one of the best actors out there, when he wants to be. It just seems that for the last few years, he's just in it for the $$$.

He's my third favorite actor ever. He's made so many great movies over the years, that I just can't fault him, no matter how many pay checks he recieves.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've said this many times on here, Cage is one of the best actors out there, when he wants to be. It just seems that for the last few years, he's just in it for the $$$.

He's my third favorite actor ever. He's made so many great movies over the years, that I just can't fault him, no matter how many pay checks he recieves.

I really like Cage too...but for the first time EVER a movie literally made me mad due to its sense of self importance. I lost a lot of respect for Cage after this one. I'll ket you be the judge but I have a feeling you might feel the same way. Some of the stuff is just out there.

Quote:
You will be on the edge of your seat the entire time … constantly trying to work up the will to just walk away from this monster before it destroys your love of movies and Nicolas Cage forever.

this quote kinda sums up how I was in the movie

Last edited by Younggrease : 03-21-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Leaving Las Vegas so much, I don't think I could ever hate Cage, no matter how many stinkers he's done or will do. I will watch this movie soon, though.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:46 AM   #9
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
It is absolutely horrible. Nicholas Cage's worst movie to date. And Im not a Cage hater....I actually loved Weather Man and Lord of War and was cool with National treasure and some other movies. But this one crossed the line Mr. Cage, it was laughably bad. Please tell everone you know not to see this.

that's really disappointing to hear. He's one of my favorite actors. He absolutely rocked the movie the rock with mr connery.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 AM   #10
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Is he hurting financially? Who's he dating now? I can't see how he can read a script and possibly decide this is a positive move in his career. I mean Ghost Rider, Next, Bangkok Dangerous and now this one apparently.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I call it the Samuel L. Syndrome.

When a producer or writer puts a movie script in front of your face, and offers you 15 million to play the leading role.... you take the money, and read the script later.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #12
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I call it the Samuel L. Syndrome.

When a producer or writer puts a movie script in front of your face, and offers you 15 million to play the leading role.... you take the money, and read the script later.

Thats true. Or you could go Morgan Freeman style and play a bunch of small roles in good films.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
Thats true. Or you could go Morgan Freeman style and play a bunch of small roles in good films.

His role in Wanted was not so good and the film was even worse

but he's still Crazy Joe so he gets a pass
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 AM   #14
Ja2l
50-26

Ja2l has an OK reputation so far

Too late, I just got back from watching it, and it was one of the worst movies i've seen this year.

I wanted my money back, but my friend reminded me that we snuck in.
Ja2l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #15
PistolPete
The Pistol

I think him and Mark Wahlberg have the same agent
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: