Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM   #136
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Mar 21 Atlanta Hawks (41-28) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (55-13) Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
im so confused. this is the first cavs gamethread in about 3 months i haven't seen just flooded by kobe homers.

cuz the game was so early
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #137
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default Re: Mar 21 Atlanta Hawks (41-28) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (55-13) Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
So the Hawks are a fraud because they couldn't win in Cleveland, which only one team has done all year?

You must really be getting desperate.

They were getting their brains beat in. Have you peaked at the Hawks record on the road? They're a home only team. Which means they're not a good team. Good teams win and are competitive on the road. They get whipped just like they did against Orlando.

The playoffs are not going to mean squat because they have no shot out of getting out of the 2nd round. They probably will not get past Miami because this is a soft team with 2nd rate players.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #138
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
They were getting their brains beat in. Have you peaked at the Hawks record on the road? They're a home only team. Which means they're not a good team. Good teams win and are competitive on the road. They get whipped just like they did against Orlando.

The playoffs are not going to mean squat because they have no shot out of getting out of the 2nd round. They probably will not get past Miami because this is a soft team with 2nd rate players.

It wasn't long ago that you were saying the Hawks sucked because they hadn't beaten any good teams.

After beating NOH, Portland and Utah you are reduced to griping about a loss to a team that has lost only 1 game at home all season. That is just pathetic.

The hawks aren't a great team but saying they are a bad team is just dumb.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #139
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
It wasn't long ago that you were saying the Hawks sucked because they hadn't beaten any good teams.

After beating NOH, Portland and Utah you are reduced to griping about a loss to a team that has lost only 1 game at home all season. That is just pathetic.

The hawks aren't a great team but saying they are a bad team is just dumb.

14-22 on the road=Bad

22 NBA teams have winning home records. So what?

They got killed just like they did against Orlando. This is still a FAR inferior team and they're playing for nothing in the playoffs cause they got NO SHOT at the finals. Which makes the playoffs meaningless.

Have you looked at Portland, Utah, and Dallas road records? They suck too.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #140
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
14-22 on the road=Bad

22 NBA teams have winning home records. So what?

They got killed just like they did against Orlando. This is still a FAR inferior team and they're playing for nothing in the playoffs cause they got NO SHOT at the finals. Which makes the playoffs meaningless.

Have you looked at Portland, Utah, and Dallas road records? They suck too.

So the playoffs are meaningless for any team that doesn't make the Finals? OK

Please give me a list of teams that don't suck. that should be good for a laugh.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #141
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
So the playoffs are meaningless for any team that doesn't make the Finals? OK

Please give me a list of teams that don't suck. that should be good for a laugh.

If you're not a championship threat your playoff run is meaningless. Even if (and they'll be lucky to get past Miami) they get to the 2nd round, they have no shot to do anything there. So what's the point? Winning on the road is what separates the good teams from the wannabes. The Hawks are the wannabes.

Teams that can win at home and on the road are the good teams.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 03-21-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #142
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice win for the Cleveland Cavaliers, and Congratulations to Ilgauskas after he scored his 10,000 career points.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #143
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
If you're not a championship threat your playoff run is meaningless. Even if (and they'll be lucky to get past Miami) they get to the 2nd round, they have no shot to do anything there. So what's the point? Winning on the road is what separates the good teams from the wannabes. The Hawks are the wannabes.

LOL what a joke you are. I guess the Bulls playoff runs were meaningless when they got beat by Detroit over and over.

Teams aren't going to go from losing records to Finals appearances overnight. Teams have to learn how to win tough playoff series and that only comes with experience. That is why all playoff games matter but you are too dumb to see it.

I don't even know why you follow the NBA at all since it obviously makes you so miserable. You should probably just stick to movies.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #144
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
LOL what a joke you are. I guess the Bulls playoff runs were meaningless when they got beat by Detroit over and over.

Teams aren't going to go from losing records to Finals appearances overnight. Teams have to learn how to win tough playoff series and that only comes with experience. That is why all playoff games matter but you are too dumb to see it.

I don't even know why you follow the NBA at all since it obviously makes you so miserable. You should probably just stick to movies.

Don't argue with the hater...

You'll just encourage him.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #145
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

This team only has 2 more road wins than last year. They're road winning is not really improving at all. It could have been different if the correct draft picks were made. Everytime I look at Marvin I wish ill on Billy. I hope that fat bastard has a heart attack.

Down 53-35 at half time. Yeah, this team is really improving on the road. They should be a rule that doesn't allow the players to get paid when they play like this.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 03-21-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #146
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Old 03-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #147
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

That's the best you got? You know I'm telling the truth. This team can't take the next step because they don't have the talent to take the next step. The rebuilding started when... 6 years ago? And now they're just now HOPING to get out of the first round. Maybe it 3 or 4 or seasons the Hawks can hope to have a 50/50 road record. The Hawks are on a 10 year + rebuilding project.

The folks in Atlanta knows this is still a bad team. That's why the arena is STILL near empty every game.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 03-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #148
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
That's the best you got? You know I'm telling the truth. This team can't take the next step because they don't have the talent to take the next step. The rebuilding started when... 6 years ago? And now they're just now HOPING to get out of the first round. Maybe it 3 or 4 or seasons the Hawks can hope to have a 50/50 road record. The Hawks are on a 10 year + rebuilding project.

The folks in Atlanta knows this is still a bad team. That's why the arena is STILL near empty every game.

I am still waiting for your list of teams that don't suck. I also can't figure out why you watch the NBA at all since all you ever do is complain.

The Hawks are having their best season in a decade and all you can do is...
Old 03-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #149
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I am still waiting for your list of teams that don't suck. I also can't figure out why you watch the NBA at all since all you ever do is complain.

The Hawks are having their best season in a decade and all you can do is...

Lakers
Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Spurs

Those are the championship type of teams.

Then you have:

Hornets
Rockets
Denver (Maybe)

Everybody else is mediocre or bad.

Just because it's the teams best season in a decade doesn't mean it's a season to be proud of. They're still not a legit threat for anything of importance. When they reach that (which ain't happening soon) then I'll stop dogging them.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #150
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Lakers
Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Spurs

Those are the championship type of teams.

Then you have:

Hornets
Rockets
Denver (Maybe)

Everybody else is mediocre or bad.

Just because it's the teams best season in a decade doesn't mean it's a season to be proud of. They're still not a legit threat for anything of importance. When they reach that (which ain't happening soon) then I'll stop dogging them.

The Hawks swept NOH this year. The Rockets and Denver are .500 teams on the road. That means only 5 teams in the NBA don't suck in your bizarro world. all the other teams have nothing to play for.

You are the most negative person i have ever seen on a message board. Congradulations.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: