Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #1
BballKings
I airball my layups

BballKings has an OK reputation so far
Default Just traded KG

I just trade KG n Caron Butler in exchange for josh smith, darko, devin harris, and nene(dropped perkins and mcdyess). Most of you will probably say its a bad trade and I got a bunch of unproven talent. You guys might be right but however I did get 4 players that add tremendous depth to a league that starts 11 guys! Please state your opinions I enjoy a good fantasy basketball discussion...

Here is what my team looks like now:

PG Hinrich
SG Gordon
G J. Richardson
SF Pierce
PF Diaw
F Josh Smith
C Darko Milic
C Nene
Util Roy
Util J. Nelson
Util Granger

BENCH
Telfair
D. Harris
Dunleavy
PJ. Brown

HEAD TO HEAD 10 TEAM LEAGUE
Scoring
FGM, FG%, FTM, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, OREB, DREB, AST, STL, BLK...No lost pts for TO'S which is why I believe it is a guard heavy league.
BballKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

You got ur @ss ripped off
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
You got ur @ss ripped off

I secound that.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

you better pray for a veto.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Are you retarded?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
BballKings
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
I secound that.

Hey when your all blowin Josh Smith during the middle of the season n darko both guys will hold down blocks for me alone and smith is emerging into a star you will realize the strength of that deal. I had no centers now my team is the deepest team in the league. While KG is at his peak no room for improvement on a fading team givin his 20-12-4 id rather have darko n josh smith. Cause darko is another player who is on his rise. Look at their second half numbers and when they played good minutes. Smith is the star on atlanta 6-9 240 you guys don't even know. Check him out right here http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q4IJN7Nj1Dk
Old 10-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

too bad.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #8
BballKings
I airball my layups

AND just cause you guys are so smart....apparently NBA.com knows nothing when in their expert mock draft I own 5 of the first 29 players selected. Pierce, Richardson, Jameer, Smith, and Diaw...with my boy hinrich taken at 37 overall n Roy at 50
Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballKings
AND just cause you guys are so smart....apparently NBA.com knows nothing when in their expert mock draft I own 5 of the first 29 players selected. Pierce, Richardson, Jameer, Smith, and Diaw...with my boy hinrich taken at 37 overall n Roy at 50
nobody was dissing the rest of your team. i just think you got ripped off getting a top 30 player, a center that averaged twenty minutes last year, an unproven point guard who can't shoot and a backup center coming off of an injury for a top 3 player and a top 50 player.

You should try to get Perkins back because he'll be more valuable than Nene this year.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-05-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #10
BballKings
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
nobody was dissing the rest of your team. i just think you got ripped off getting a top 30 player, a center that averaged twenty minutes last year, an unproven point guard who can't shoot and a backup center coming off of an injury for a top 3 player and a top 50 player.

You should try to get Perkins back because he'll be more valuable than Nene this year.

Well for those who just say its a rip off and have no argument it is a diss and a pretty pathetic one at that, i have no problem with anyone saying its a bad trade just tell me why tell me why KG fell to me at 6th overall. Because his number have dropped slightly over the past yr or 2 and he reached his peak already on a team that is bound for mediocracy where he has no motivation until he signs with a contender next year.

Anyway Should I drop brown for him? Milic is startin at PF n dwight at center or vise versa so his minutes are up and smith shooting percentage went up second half along with all of his numbers, the guy can play shooting guard but he had over 200 blocks. Being that I did do this trade I did my research on him prior and he has worked tremendously on improving his shot along with adding 15 lbs of muscle you guys might not see it but he will be a star in this league he is very young right now but he is up and coming in this league.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down

I just trade KG n Caron Butler in exchange for josh smith, darko, devin harris, and nene(dropped perkins and mcdyess).

I actually have KG and Butler in my league as well and I wouldn't even consider doing this deal. U lost a superstar and a good player for 1 good player and 3 question marks. And not only that, u also lost Perkins/McDyess in the process. And 1 more thing, Devin Harris & Nene are actually FA's in a lot of leagues so u could've picked up someone just as productive, if not more productive than them. HORRIBLE trade!!
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

i hope your joking
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballKings
Anyway Should I drop brown for him? Milic is startin at PF n dwight at center or vise versa so his minutes are up and smith shooting percentage went up second half along with all of his numbers, the guy can play shooting guard but he had over 200 blocks. Being that I did do this trade I did my research on him prior and he has worked tremendously on improving his shot along with adding 15 lbs of muscle you guys might not see it but he will be a star in this league he is very young right now but he is up and coming in this league.
PJ Brown has a really good FT% but with the players you already have, you might need to just accept that you're not going to be very good in that category. I, personally, would drop Brown for Perkins and hope that Camby goes down so Nene gets some serious burn at center.

Josh Smith will be a great player, but I feel that you paid too high a price for him. I think a KG and Butler for Josh Smith, Darko Millicic and another top 50 player might have been more fair.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #14
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Draft order does not = over all fantasy value. Just because Yao Ming was somehow drafted # 13 doesnt mean he's a top 15 fantasy player overall. MOreover, there is NO WAY that Jameer Nelson is a top 30 NBA overall NBA fantasy balller. That was a draft choice, not an analysis of Nelson's posittion as a top 30 player in the league overall. Its relative to the roster.

Come on now dude. We all know that. Hey, you have a good team. Even after getting hosed on that trade you still have a good team with the amount of players. I'm not gonna go into any more detail for your team because you obviously won't take any criticism from here on well.

But listen good. Don't put too much weight into that ESPN Mock Fantasy Draft. Honestly, who really is gonna pick CP3 ahead of Nash? I mean there's no reason do that! Its the media trying to be edgy. I wish I could have seen where they had CP3 last year. Its just that they want to be the one who drafted CP3 before Nash in the case that he does somehow do better than Mr. 2 time MVP. That is just insanity. Sure CP3 is a top 5 PG in my opinion, but its still crazy. The dude did it to say that he was the one to predict it if it comes true. If it doesn't then, it goes unnoticed because he still has CP3 who is still gonna be nasty. A lot of those top 25 even 50 picks were made not from the true fantasy ballers perspective.

Therefore it is not the best idea to use NBA.com for your mock draft needs.
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #15
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

You're an Idiot.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: