Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
bada bing
College star

Default a good moment this season?

I hate it when our season is already dead. This raptors forum use to be one of the more interesting ones. Now its dead. I really do not look forward to our games anymore as the only games i have seen have been so disappointing. I was really looking forward to this season in the off-season and we started out so great. Now we are left bitter, angry and frustrated with every player and staff on our team. The worst part is, I do not even if next season is going to be any better either!!

so, what has been something you enjoyed in this Raptor season? A certain game or play that you remember as being one hell of a game/move? anything? Lets keep the bashing and lets try to keep this thread less depressing than all the others.

For me? i really can't think of anything right now. Also, i haven't gotten much time to see many Raptor games this season...maybe see around 10-15 and most of them have been recently. I got nothing as of right now....although I am enjoying Bargnani a lot more now than i did before.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: a good moment this season?

I like watching Bargnani evolve. He's turning into one hell of an offensive threat.

My favourite moments were probably Marion's dunk on Granger, Pops' non-stop hustle and JO's block parties. I also really enjoyed CB's play during the first 20 games of the season. Hopefully he can regain that form and sustain it throughout next season.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I like watching Bargnani evolve. He's turning into one hell of an offensive threat.

My favourite moments were probably Marion's dunk on Granger, Pops' non-stop hustle and JO's block parties. I also really enjoyed CB's play during the first 20 games of the season. Hopefully he can regain that form and sustain it throughout next season.

Yah a whole season of CB4 playing at that level and everyone will be singing his praises and not asking for him to be traded....I for one want him to be traded but if he plays like he did at the beginning of the season WOW then we can throw the big money at him!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Losing to the Thunder. It makes the rest of the season not hurt as much.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Losing to the Thunder. It makes the rest of the season not hurt as much.

I enjoyed that game, I am a Kevin Durant Fan.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Yah a whole season of CB4 playing at that level and everyone will be singing his praises and not asking for him to be traded....I for one want him to be traded but if he plays like he did at the beginning of the season WOW then we can throw the big money at him!

Yupp.. he was playing like a franchise player at the beginning of the season. I just don't know if he can sustain that type of play over the course of a season. He seems discouraged and mentally weak which is really affecting his leadership over this struggling team. I'm not sure if that's the type of player that I want to give 30% of the team's salary to.

Another thing I DID NOT like about this season; The misuse of Roko Ukic. This kid can be a VERY good backup in the league and Triano has decided to play the aging Parker at PG instead for much of the season. Today he got some burn for 20 mins and responded with 9 and 8 consistently attacking the basket and getting to the rim often.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #7
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

A good part of the beginning when Bosh was the best PF at that time being when he was tanking 42 mins per game and avg 26 / 13. He was flashy, decisive, monster with his right hand and very enjoyable to watch even with a loss. with that being said it's almost like he is being drained back into his previous seasons even having the same statistics. i still love to guy though, Bosh for Raptors 2010!!
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #8
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

I was lucky enough to have great seats for the home opener and it was a hell of a game. From AP locking down Maggette to force overtime to Bargnani's awkward as hell putback, made me so optimistic.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #9
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

The very first game. Honestly. That was the high point of the Raptors' season in my opinion. Everything was downhill after that, aside from the improvement of Bargnani.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #10
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
The very first game. Honestly. That was the high point of the Raptors' season in my opinion. Everything was downhill after that, aside from the improvement of Bargnani.

This is true. First-game seasons are always a good moment of the season if you have made a lot of changes.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

In retrospect my favorite 3 raptors moments of this season so far are:

1. When JO first came and was blocking the **** outta people + doing the finger wag.

2. When JO got in the face of Perkins

3. Marion's dunk over Granger
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Marions Dunks is the only thing that I can think of and that is very sad.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

When i went to Phoenix and got to watch the Raps play the Suns live at the United Airways centre, there was a timeout and some couch potato type dude who was introduced to the crowd hit a one time shot, all the way from mid court to win $60,000. He went absolutley psycho and the crowd went balistic. It was so loud the players turned around while the coaches were diagraming plays to them, wondering what the heck was going on. Yeah, that's sad but that was about the best part of this season for me. An hour later this guy was still high as a kite running through the crowd with his 3' size fascimilie cheque up in the air and everyone yelling and patting him on the back.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #14
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
When i went to Phoenix and got to watch the Raps play the Suns live at the United Airways centre, there was a timeout and some couch potato type dude who was introduced to the crowd hit a one time shot, all the way from mid court to win $60,000. He went absolutley psycho and the crowd went balistic. It was so loud the players turned around while the coaches were diagraming plays to them, wondering what the heck was going on. Yeah, that's sad but that was about the best part of this season for me. An hour later this guy was still high as a kite running through the crowd with his 3' size fascimilie cheque up in the air and everyone yelling and patting him on the back.

Probably going to buy 6 new plasma TVs and set them up side by side so he can watch 6 games at once.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Probably going to buy 6 new plasma TVs and set them up side by side so he can watch 6 games at once.
If that's the case, i'm sure none of those would be Raptors games. At least not this season.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: