Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #16
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: a good moment this season?

I'm sad I missed the JO block party on my bday against the Lakers, but I'm not too disappointed hes gone, the only question is can Bosh and Bargnani together become top tandem in the league both on the offense and defensive end. This is the only way I see the Raptors ever standing a chance at doing anything not only that Jose needs to get better I still believe he can though hes number will definitely go up next year hopefully 15 and 10ish and I love how we get a guy like Pops out of nowhere and looks to have more potential than Joey.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #17
TheAnti-Dentite
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheAnti-Dentite has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani's emergence has certainly been the best thing about the Raptors this season. Maybe the most effective pump fake in the game, although his drives can sometimes look akward. Love how he plays against Yao.

Specifically, Marion's dunk, the opening win over Philly, the sick OT game against the Nets(with VC's unfortunate dunk), and JO's 9 block game were also memorable. Oh, and Roko's flashes have been pretty nice aswell.
TheAnti-Dentite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Not much to choose from this year but for me it would be:

1) JO making Josh Powell his b*tch

2) Roko Ukic in general, but also his game winner against the Spurs

3) Bosh's dunk in the home opener against the Warriors while being covered by four guys( after that game I thought this season was going to be a great one

4) Joey Graham actually emerging as a legit NBA player(loved seeing him completely abuse Kobe)

5) That little run we put together right before the All-Star break when we looked like we might finally be putting things together and making a run at the playoffs.

6) Marion's dunk on Danny Granger seeing as how that was probably the only highlight of the post All-Star break.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
Not much to choose from this year but for me it would be:

1) JO making Josh Powell his b*tch

2) Roko Ukic in general, but also his game winner against the Spurs

3) Bosh's dunk in the home opener against the Warriors while being covered by four guys( after that game I thought this season was going to be a great one

4) Joey Graham actually emerging as a legit NBA player(loved seeing him completely abuse Kobe)

5) That little run we put together right before the All-Star break when we looked like we might finally be putting things together and making a run at the playoffs.

6) Marion's dunk on Danny Granger seeing as how that was probably the only highlight of the post All-Star break.

6 for sure that was a nasty dunk.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Seriously though.. Bosh is a good player and we need to try and re-sign him this summer.. if he doesn't resign than I believe he is as good as gone. Which sucks because I've been very happy with Bosh's defensive production lately. He's finally starting to get some steals, block some shots and get his teammates involved with more assists. Let's hope he can keep it up.

Last edited by Dr.Funk : 03-29-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
lol Your the hater of haters.

Who are you to talk Mr. "**** that lanky bastard and trade his ass!" We're both on the same page here, what's the problem?

By the way... Chamberlain, what's with the Pierce Avatar. Fairweather fan?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm a Boston fan, if that's what you're asking.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The best moment this season hasn't come yet. It will be at the 0:00 mark of the 4th quarter, Apr 15th at Chicago.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #24
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Its obvious that the guy is a troll. Just leave him alone and don't feed the trolls.

You speaking about me?
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #25
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Who are you to talk Mr. "**** that lanky bastard and trade his ass!" We're both on the same page here, what's the problem?

Yeah I'll admit I was speaking out of line. Bosh just had one of those games where he turned the ball over 6 times on awkward drives and none of his jimmys were falling so I was really pissed off. I would rather have Bargs over Bosh just because he would command much less and defends better/has more potential. Bosh is the better rebounder and better at getting to the line, but I'm not sure if he's worth 15M +. Plus we could get really good value out of him and start the rebuilding process off quickly whereas we wouldn't get as much in return for Bargnani. Hopefully that's more of a composed statement than the bolded one above.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #26
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
The best moment this season hasn't come yet. It will be at the 0:00 mark of the 4th quarter, Apr 15th at Chicago.

Here here!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #27
Maniak
Feminist Homewrecker

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I liked Marions dunk on Granger, and thats really all I can think of right now(like many before me have said.)_
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #28
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

New favourite moment: Today, Pops blocking a shot on one end, falling on his @$$ then trailing the Raptors as they run up the floor, getting the rock and slamming it for an and-1.

Can't wait to pick up a #44 jersey next year.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #29
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
New favourite moment: Today, Pops blocking a shot on one end, falling on his @$$ then trailing the Raptors as they run up the floor, getting the rock and slamming it for an and-1.

Calderon's 22 & 19 were nice too.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #30
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason

Yah man that was a great game!!! & CB4 got over that end of the game hump today...getting that drive putback at the end of the game, man you could tell it felt really good for him!

I like Bosh nothin against him but still think he's gonna get traded because you could still see we need an offensive creator. Ben Gordon almost won the game for the Bulls by him self!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: