Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #31
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: a good moment this season?

Watching Bargnani on February up until now deserves a mention
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:09 PM   #32
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i think this 4 game winning streak is probably the best moment so far, we nearly threw that away earlier aswell

if we keep going like this we might still make the play offs! lol

but seriously, i would say my best bits were bargnani finally finding his feet, getting some good energy off the bench in pops and trading for marion, giving me hope for the off season
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #33
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

This game may actually be the high. You've got the play I mentioned, Calderon's record assist number that RainingThrees mentioned, Bosh finally getting us a clutch play to seal a game and the first 4-game win streak of the year.

I also agree that Gordon was quite impressive for Chicago. I think I'd rather go after him than Marion this offseason. He's more the type of shot creator that we need, albeit one with not much in the way of defensive skills apart from the occasional steal. On the plus side, we already have one brit who some like to call the British Bulldog and adding another would make a tandem we could call the British Bulldogs ala the Canadian wrestling tag-team circa the 80s
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #34
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
This game may actually be the high. You've got the play I mentioned, Calderon's record assist number that RainingThrees mentioned, Bosh finally getting us a clutch play to seal a game and the first 4-game win streak of the year.

I also agree that Gordon was quite impressive for Chicago. I think I'd rather go after him than Marion this offseason. He's more the type of shot creator that we need, albeit one with not much in the way of defensive skills apart from the occasional steal. On the plus side, we already have one brit who some like to call the British Bulldog and adding another would make a tandem we could call the British Bulldogs ala the Canadian wrestling tag-team circa the 80s

Don't forget that one of those wrestlers died....
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #35
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Don't forget that one of those wrestlers died....

Yah he was The Dynamite Kid! Man that is a good stage name!!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Actually it's the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith who's the dead one. The Dynamite Kid is just a cripple. But ya the name MAY be just a little cursed...
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #37
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

HalphbreedBaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Actually it's the British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith who's the dead one. The Dynamite Kid is just a cripple. But ya the name MAY be just a little cursed...

Oh yah sorry I forgot I thought they were both dead.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Don't forget about Owen Hart .

Davey Boy Smith died young because of steroid abuse and Bret Hart had a massive stroke because of it. Stay off the roids kids, do it the natural way with hard work and dedication.

Did you guys know how Davey Smith (British Bulldog) got the middle name 'Boy'? His parents put his gender in the middle name slot on his birth certificate . No joke.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #39
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
Oh yah sorry I forgot I thought they were both dead.

Dynamite Kid isn't dead. He just did that diving headbutt move too many times and got bad brain damage.

Same thing with Chris Benoit. Did that move so many times + steroid abuse he went nuts and murdered his family.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:37 PM   #40
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Dynamite Kid isn't dead. He just did that diving headbutt move too many times and got bad brain damage.

Same thing with Chris Benoit. Did that move so times + steroid abuse he went nuts and murdered his family.

Benoit Fifth Estate Episode:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/fighttothedeath/video.html

A very interesting (and OT) video.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #41
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by danumber88
Watching Bargnani on February up until now deserves a mention

Bargs has been nails since the last game in December, really.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #42
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Benoit Fifth Estate Episode:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/fighttothedeath/video.html

A very interesting (and OT) video.

WOW That video was AWESOME! Thanks buddy!

Makes me feel like an idiot playing through those concussions in hockey.

Chris Nowinski was a terrible wrestler though.. it's kind of good he got forced into the front office instead of in the ring.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #43
Too_Cool
Great young streetballer

Too_Cool has an OK reputation so far

Team playin well last few games...Guess we could finish strong, nothin wrong with that.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #44
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My favorite moment was yesterday's game, by FAR. I know it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things, I know we're not going to the playoffs, I know there's some work to be done on the roster, and I also know that we're extremely lucky that D-Rose missed an absolute gimme at the rim, but it just made me feel so good to see this team competing hard and playing as if the game actually means something to them. It was nice to see different people step up at different times. Pops giving us some more highlight reels, Calderon with some clutch passing (although he had a couple of bad TO's near the end) and FT's, Marion and Bosh with some clutch defense, Bargnani with some clutch shooting and rebounds, and Bosh with the tremendous game sealer putback. Everything was clicking on all cylinders, and it's strange but this game almost gave me a glimmer of hope for the future.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:02 AM   #45
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
My favorite moment was yesterday's game, by FAR. I know it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things, I know we're not going to the playoffs, I know there's some work to be done on the roster, and I also know that we're extremely lucky that D-Rose missed an absolute gimme at the rim, but it just made me feel so good to see this team competing hard and playing as if the game actually means something to them. It was nice to see different people step up at different times. Pops giving us some more highlight reels, Calderon with some clutch passing (although he had a couple of bad TO's near the end) and FT's, Marion and Bosh with some clutch defense, Bargnani with some clutch shooting and rebounds, and Bosh with the tremendous game sealer putback. Everything was clicking on all cylinders, and it's strange but this game almost gave me a glimmer of hope for the future.

I really don't think we're far off from competing again. A good draft pick, a couple of role player signings and key resignings and we should be in good shape. If our core can continue to play the way they have, maybe it could work. The Killer B's have been an offensive juggernaut the past 4 games, but also bringing it defensively as well (Mostly Bosh, very impressed with the increase in RBS, BLKS & STLS ).

Jose reminded me of why we picked him over TJ. He must of been badly hurt earlier in the year.. because lately he has been a completely different player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: