Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
Beebo
Good college starter

Default Re: Antonio Davis tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Getting a player like Pops is a step in the right direction. We need a Biedrins type centre on this team to put beside either Bosh or Bargnani. Can't have both your post players jackin jimmys all game with no toughness or rebounding down low. Recipe for disaster.

Maybe Oak, Davis, Olajuwon, Clark and Willis will all come out of retirement and save this team for mediocrity. Oh wait.. too late for that.

Yeah, having a bosh/biedrins or bargnani/biedrins frontcourt will be nice. Biedrins is a great rebounder and a good finsher around the basket. He's a great compliment for players like bosh or bargnani.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Bokey, you and I clearly value Bosh differently but you cannot in all honesty think that ANYONE in this league values Bosh that highly? Take off your homer goggles for one second please. And there's no "probably" with that move you make it and hope that it goes through before whatever drugs Joe was on when he offered it wear off.
maybe you didn't read this part:
Quote:
but it doesn't seem like something they would do unless they were desperate.

and would you take Prince/Maxiel for Bosh? because I certainly wouldn't. That's entering the VC trade territory.

Last edited by bokes15 : 03-23-2009 at 04:38 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #18
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Yeah, having a bosh/biedrins or bargnani/biedrins frontcourt will be nice. Biedrins is a great rebounder and a good finsher around the basket. He's a great compliment for players like bosh or bargnani.

Imagin Bargnani Biedrins?

But the trade would have to go like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=ckrpoq

but in this case we would have way to many players on our roster and have to make another trade.

Last edited by HalphbreedBaller : 03-23-2009 at 04:41 PM.
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Getting a player like Pops is a step in the right direction. We need a Biedrins type centre on this team to put beside either Bosh or Bargnani. Can't have both your post players jackin jimmys all game with no toughness or rebounding down low. Recipe for disaster.

Maybe Oak, Davis, Olajuwon, Clark and Willis will all come out of retirement and save this team for mediocrity. Oh wait.. too late for that.
you mean jail right?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #20
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller

but in this case we would have way to many players on our roster and have to make another trade.

I was thinking something like this. Golden State will not give up that much for 2 players. I think this could be more realistic (Maybe still asking too much?);

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=co5e2d
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #21
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
you mean jail right?

lol yeah that was a typo..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #22
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I was thinking something like this. Golden State will not give up that much for 2 players. I think this could be more realistic (Maybe still asking too much?);

Either trade I would do plus by trading with GS they would get better and so would we...its a win win trading partner!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:17 PM   #23
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Davis would have been nothing if not for the influence of the Greatest Raptor of All-time, Charles Oakley.

Yeeeeeeeeeah man!! OAKDawg!!!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
Beebo
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller

Theres no way that trade happens....warriors aren't giving all their young talent just for Bosh and Kapono.

Quote:

I like this trade, but having a Calderon/Ellis frontcourt would be really bad on defence. But hey at least we'll score a lot of points!

If we were to deal with GS, I hope we get either Randolph or Wright. Those guys are future all stars.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #25
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Theres no way that trade happens....warriors aren't giving all their young talent just for Bosh and Kapono.

I like this trade, but having a Calderon/Ellis frontcourt would be really bad on defence. But hey at least we'll score a lot of points!

If we were to deal with GS, I hope we get either Randolph or Wright. Those guys are future all stars.

you never know I only made that trade up because it was the only one that would go through but a line up for GS with:

Ellis
Corey
Jackson
Bosh
????

with crawford coming off the bench would be pretty good yo!

you ment Calderon/Ellis Backcourt right?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM   #26
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
maybe you didn't read this part:

and would you take Prince/Maxiel for Bosh? because I certainly wouldn't. That's entering the VC trade territory.

I read that part, but I figured that you mentioning it means that you think that there is at least a chance that it might happen. I mean why mention it otherwise? I could throw out Bosh-Kobe trades all day but what would be the point since its impossible?

And no I don't think I'd do the Prince/Maxiel trade straight up (though there was a first rounder involved in the proposition would make it more enticing) but throwing in Rip, who I'd prefer over Prince anyway, makes it enter the realm of the absurd. And Prince/Maxiel for Bosh couldn't enter the VC trade territory unless Prince got bought out for 10 mill.

I'd like to second the notion about any trade that involves us getting Biedrins and picks for GS, whether it involves Bosh or Bargnani though it'd probably have to involve Bosh.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

I mentioned it because it was the only way i'd do any sort of Pistons/Raptors trade. There's nothing else on that team that would be enticing enough. And no a non-lottery pick isn't going to change that.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #28
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
I read that part, but I figured that you mentioning it means that you think that there is at least a chance that it might happen. I mean why mention it otherwise? I could throw out Bosh-Kobe trades all day but what would be the point since its impossible?

And no I don't think I'd do the Prince/Maxiel trade straight up (though there was a first rounder involved in the proposition would make it more enticing) but throwing in Rip, who I'd prefer over Prince anyway, makes it enter the realm of the absurd. And Prince/Maxiel for Bosh couldn't enter the VC trade territory unless Prince got bought out for 10 mill.

I'd like to second the notion about any trade that involves us getting Biedrins and picks for GS, whether it involves Bosh or Bargnani though it'd probably have to involve Bosh.

notice how this thread changed into a trade Bosh thread within like 3 posts? LOL

You can really tell that people want a change and quickly!!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #29
bada bing
College star

Bosh really needs a veteran like Oak or AD. Those guys created fear on the defensive end and no one could get to the basket the way they do now. This team has no identity and no passion. Veterans like Oak and AD played with all heart. BC should really try to get in some players that play with passion and heart.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #30
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=c66ll4

If only eh Beebo?

Does anybody think that we're just having an off season.. maybe all we really need is a few more pieces to the bench and a coach who, you know.. can coach.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: