Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Antonio Davis tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
Bosh really needs a veteran like Oak or AD. Those guys created fear on the defensive end and no one could get to the basket the way they do now. This team has no identity and no passion. Veterans like Oak and AD played with all heart. BC should really try to get in some players that play with passion and heart.

All the more reason to trade bosh to get more peices for this team in return!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
notice how this thread changed into a trade Bosh thread within like 3 posts? LOL

You can really tell that people want a change and quickly!!
I know right? An AD tribute thread turning into a Bosh trade idea thread. I'm not even surprised anymore.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:17 PM   #33
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I know right? An AD tribute thread turning into a Bosh trade idea thread. I'm not even surprised anymore.

LOL

Bokes, it's just because everyone is so frustrated with the team we are trying to find ways that can improve this squad and get them out of this black hole they are flushing down. I am guilty for this as well, but as a fan you keep asking yourself these questions and how you can resurrect this situation. I guess people are starting to realize that we can get really good value for Bosh right now before he leaves and start the rebuilding process off quickly with some good young players.

Davis was a good rebounder (For his size) that had a lot of heart. I just hated the way he quit on the team like Vince did. So there will be no tribute from me. Charles Oakley? I will support a tribute to him anyday.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #34
HalphbreedBaller
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
LOL

Bokes, it's just because everyone is so frustrated with the team we are trying to find ways that can improve this squad and get them out of this black hole they are flushing down. I am guilty for this as well, but as a fan you keep asking yourself these questions and how you can resurrect this situation. I guess people are starting to realize that we can get really good value for Bosh right now before he leaves and start the rebuilding process off quickly with some good young players.

Davis was a good rebounder (For his size) that had a lot of heart. I just hated the way he quit on the team like Vince did. So there will be no tribute from me. Charles Oakley? I will support a tribute to him anyday.

True dat Davis was good for a while but when he started to talk about his kids and the education system here with the metric system he sounded like an idiot!!! period plus the trade we did to have him come back here one more time he didn't even try at all why tribute a guy who as soon as things get rough completly bailed on the team & the fans he is almost as bad as VC for that!

No tribute from me too!
HalphbreedBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #35
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
True dat Davis was good for a while but when he started to talk about his kids and the education system here with the metric system he sounded like an idiot!!! period plus the trade we did to have him come back here one more time he didn't even try at all why tribute a guy who as soon as things get rough completly bailed on the team & the fans he is almost as bad as VC for that!

No tribute from me too!
Like I said, say what you will about his character but this isn't a tribute to him the person, it's a tribute to him the player. And he had his best career years as a Raptor. I'll appreciate anyone who worked as hard as he did.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #36
DJMason
High School JV MVP

In defense of this Valliant turning into a Chris Bosh debate again, when you reflect on what AD brought to this team it's what our current squad so desperately lacks. I'd take him in his prime over Bosh or Bargs right now. Not that he's better than either of them individually, but as Bokes has argued tallent isn't everything and I think a player like him would definately be more valuable to us now given that we'd still have an offensive big to pair with him. Don't forget too, the man WAS an all-star for a minute, so he was far more than a Pops hustle man.

I have no problem giving props to AD, especially since he really only quit on out team once we were already in the crapper. Besides our whole damn team has quit this year so who are we to complain about him?
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #37
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
In defense of this Valliant turning into a Chris Bosh debate again, when you reflect on what AD brought to this team it's what our current squad so desperately lacks. I'd take him in his prime over Bosh or Bargs right now. Not that he's better than either of them individually, but as Bokes has argued tallent isn't everything and I think a player like him would definately be more valuable to us now given that we'd still have an offensive big to pair with him. Don't forget too, the man WAS an all-star for a minute, so he was far more than a Pops hustle man.

I have no problem giving props to AD, especially since he really only quit on out team once we were already in the crapper. Besides our whole damn team has quit this year so who are we to complain about him?

Seems like everyone just likes to quit on this team. I just have a hard time seeing the positives because I still remember that one game that will forever corrupt the way I see the guy, as a person and a player. He missed a dunk and hung on the rim for like 10 seconds while the other team went down the other way for a 5 on 4 and scored. I've never been so mad watching a Raptors game before. All my opinions on the dude will probably forever be corrupt and pessimistic. It might be unfair based on that one play, but to me it painted a bigger picture of his character and professionalism (Or lack thereof).
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:

Agreed
Old 03-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #39
T-Low
College superstar

AD was one of my fav raps on that 13 game run when VC was out. That was amazing. We need more players with heart like AD used to have.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #40
DJMason
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Agreed

I think hell may have gotten just a little cooler
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #41
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I think hell may have gotten just a little cooler
yeah. first time for everything I guess right?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: