Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Nick Calathes and Dajuan Summers entering the draft

Quote:
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Florida guard Nick Calathes has decided to enter the NBA draft, but will keep open the possibility of returning to school next season.

Calathes announced his intentions Monday. He will not hire an agent, which would allow him to return to Florida if he’s unhappy with his draft stock.

The 6-foot-6 sophomore led the Gators in scoring this season, averaging 17.2 points. He also averaged 5.3 rebounds and 6.4 assists, and was the only player in the nation to average at least 15 points, five rebounds and six assists.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP)—Georgetown junior DaJuan Summers is skipping his senior year and making himself eligible for the NBA draft.

Georgetown coach John Thompson III said Monday that Summers is “in the process of choosing an agent.”

Summers averaged 13.6 points and 4.1 rebounds this season for the Hoyas.

Georgetown went 16-15 and lost in the first round of the National Invitation Tournament.

The 6-foot-8, 236-pound Summers leaves Georgetown tied for 29th in team history with 1,129 points.

He averaged 11.2 points and 4.4 rebounds in his 101-game college career.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...v=ap&type=lgns

I'm hoping Nick either gets drafted by the Sixers or the Blazers. Calathes and Roy would be nasty.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Nick Calathes and Dajuan Summers entering the draft

Nick, my boy!!
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

If calathes gets some kind of late 1st rd promise maybe he comes? Orlando? I don't see him staying in the draft, but I hope he does
Rubio
Holiday
Jennings
Evans
Teague
Curry

Maynor
Calathes
Hudson

Summers will be a solid pro, should go 15-25 but might go 25-40? I think hed go good on san antonio, boston, or cleveland
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Summers really crashed this year. I think he is making a mistake since he might not even be a 1st rounder. I like his game, but if he came back and had a great year next year, he could go much higher. Of course this isn't a great draft, so maybe it is a good move.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Summers really crashed this year. I think he is making a mistake since he might not even be a 1st rounder. I like his game, but if he came back and had a great year next year, he could go much higher. Of course this isn't a great draft, so maybe it is a good move.
Well, I'd assume that he's hoping the pre-draft workouts to help his stock. He does have a lot of things that make scouts take notice. One of the reasons he could be leaving is that Thompson's system at Georgetown hasn't really done many favors for players trying to increase their profile with NBA (except for Jeff Green, but he was also the perfect focal point for that modified Princeton system).
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really like the move for either of them. I would have rather seen them come back for another year in college.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
Bonez
I airball my layups

Bonez has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh

its not him its Georgetowns system...im a G'town fan...trust me...he will be solid in the nba...i think hes better if not on the same level as Jeff Green...the hoyas style of play just isnt suited for a player like Summers...if he was on a team like UNC he wouldve beasted the whole year
Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: