Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
cpmayo
I airball my layups

Default Re: Why Is Jonny Flynn Not Considered A Top 10 Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Never heard of him I'll make sure to look out for him in the NCAA tournament. What school does he play for again?

he plays for flordia so i dont think u will be seeing him in the tourny =P
cpmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #32
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

The best evidence that Syracuse's Jonny Flynn is rising on draft charts and is now seen as a top-10 pick: LeBron James has been calling Flynn on behalf of the agent Leon Rose, who represents James. If Flynn were just another point guard, Rose would probably have someone else in his stable do the sales pitch, like ex-Knick Mardy Collins. Flynn's sophomore status has the Orange wishing that James would lose his number for at least one more year.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #33
Darkwing Duck
Get on my level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He's definetly a complete PG but hes not even considered a Lottery Pick in most Mock Drafts.

This is the same underrated treatment that DJ Augustin received last year.

He has already said he isnt going pro this year. He is coming back for another year of college ball.(which is smart)
Darkwing Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

He may have said he'll be back, but Coach Boeheim still wants him to test the draft waters

Quote:
Boeheim said late Tuesday night that he is going to recommend Flynn put his name in the draft by the April 30 deadline, go through a few workouts and get a true read on his status.

"He'd have to be top-10," Boeheim said. "He came in and wants to stay, and I do think he'll come back unless he's fairly high."

Boeheim said Flynn's heart isn't in going to the NBA and the discussion is ongoing. But Boeheim doesn't want to dismiss Flynn's potential if he can land in the top 10. He also said Flynn could be a preseason first-team All-American and player of the year candidate if he returns. That does weigh on Flynn.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 AM   #35
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Jonny Flynn will probably not amount to much in the NBA due to his size. Syracuse will be beastly next year with Flynn at PG, Devendorf at SG, Harris at SF, Rick Jackson at PF, and Onuaku at C, with Rautins, Mookie Jones, and DaShonte Riley providing depth. Serious NCAA title contender actually. Their only major loss will be Ongenaet to graduation.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #36
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

IMO Flynn will be better then Lawson.

I personally don't see Lawson ending up as a good NBA player.

I know he's probably worked himself into the lottery after this post season but I wouldnt touch him
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #37
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Jonny Flynn will probably not amount to much in the NBA due to his size. Syracuse will be beastly next year with Flynn at PG, Devendorf at SG, Harris at SF, Rick Jackson at PF, and Onuaku at C, with Rautins, Mookie Jones, and DaShonte Riley providing depth. Serious NCAA title contender actually. Their only major loss will be Ongenaet to graduation.

I think Flynn can be effective even at his height. Really needs to work on his jumper more than anything. His court vision is amazing and the dude has springs for legs.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #38
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
IMO Flynn will be better then Lawson.

I personally don't see Lawson ending up as a good NBA player.

I know he's probably worked himself into the lottery after this post season but I wouldnt touch him
yeah i can't imagine Lawson ever being a legit NBA point guard. he's fast end to end but doesn't have the agility to get it done in half court sets.

He's a bit like Barbosa, put him in a run and gun offense and he can put up numbers.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

flynn is definitely top 2 outta the pg's in college but he is slightly undersized and Syracuse is the most disrespected program in the country.I agree on christmas being a steal but also if Hazell from Seton Hall is in the draft he's a steal as well.Also,even tho he isn't under the radar really,Thabeet will be a steal because the perception about him is that he's some big stiff.I'm a huge UCONN fan and that couldnt be further from the truth.he isnt muresan out there. he runs the court,dives on the floor for loose balls and has excellent athleticism.o yea and he punches and dunks everything!!!As a suffering Knick fan for many years,I'd take him in a heartbeat.even if i had the 2nd pick in the draft.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: