Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #31
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

FinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this boardFinishHim! is popular on this board
Default Re: The lottery is rigged say inside sources: Wiz slated to get #1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I have a friend who works for the NBA too. And he told me your friend is full of shyt.
I would've said the same thing except i'd replace "the NBA" with "the toilet"
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #32
Terp in LA
I airball my layups

Terp in LA has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
I have a friend who works for the NBA

He has a source, guys, so back off. We should be honored that our friend and journalist, Ron Mexico, decided to give the scoop on a message board rather than a, you know, publication.
Terp in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
Ron Mexico
I make up lots of nonsense

Ron Mexico has an OK reputation so far

its funny how people will run from the truth to protect their purist ideologies.

with all the money making scams going on right now in the economy, you think a rigged lottery is impossible? get real. people are scamming left and right, and the nba is a business.
Ron Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #34
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdog1
I just don't nuy that. Chicago only had 9% or something this year and they got the first pick.

And when the almost-consensus number one was from Chicago.

Still, this just sounds silly. Any team can win the lottery, and it's not like New York has won it multiple times. The Bulls, who are from the third biggest market (at least I think they are, this is completely off the top of my head) won it twice, but the first time was when they were one of the two or three worst teams in the league. The conspiracy stuff makes sense, but it's all based on circumstantial evidence. Plus, a lot of teams meet some combination of the big market, new arena, old arena, or historic franchise criteria.

Even if I'm wrong and there really is a conspiracy, why would Stern give the pick to the Wizards? We're from a small market, our superstar has a gimpy knee, and our arena is ten years old. Granted, the Wizards would probably become a borderline elite team a la Houston or Utah if everyone's healthy next year and Griffin is on the team, but it would be no better for the league than Griffin going to New York, Phoenix, or the Clippers.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #35
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I have a friend who works for the NBA (no of course im not going to give his name out) who informed me that the L has been rigging the lottery every year since 1985 and this year preparations are being made to give the #1 pick to the Wizards. I also learned there is NO CHANCE of oklahoma city, minnesota, or memphis getting the first pick. The league is either going to give it to the wizards, clippers, or suns (upset) but im hearing its Washington's as of now.

Seems like your friend has no problem revealing top secret facts of the league insiders and you have no problem posting them. At least, since he's safe, can he reveal the plot of this year's NBA Finals?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terp in LA
He has a source, guys, so back off. We should be honored that our friend and journalist, Ron Mexico, decided to give the scoop on a message board rather than a, you know, publication.

Plus, if the name Ron Mexico doesn't instill confidence in someone's seriousness and credibility, I don't know what would.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #37
Ron Mexico
I make up lots of nonsense

Ron Mexico has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Seems like your friend has no problem revealing top secret facts of the league insiders and you have no problem posting them. At least, since he's safe, can he reveal the plot of this year's NBA Finals?

he's cool with it as long as i dont post his name

and the finals aren't rigged, just the lottery
Ron Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #38
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Somebody bump this thread if/when the Wiz, Clips or Suns dont get #1 pick.
And I think Suns will get like the 8th pick.
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #39
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahjazzrock

Sounds like a good idea. I don't think the Suns can pick 8th, though; the way I've always understood the lottery is that everyone has a shot at a top 3 pick, but not, like, the seventh or something.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #40
Terp in LA
I airball my layups

Terp in LA has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Do you think they'll still be friends after that betrayal of trust?!
Terp in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #41
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Of course the lottery is rigged. In fact you can even see in the infamous Ewing lotto where they folded the paper and then reached back in and grabbed the same folded piece. How so many people fail to see that is beyond me.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 03-23-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #42
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
And when the almost-consensus number one was from Chicago.

Still, this just sounds silly. Any team can win the lottery, and it's not like New York has won it multiple times. The Bulls, who are from the third biggest market (at least I think they are, this is completely off the top of my head) won it twice, but the first time was when they were one of the two or three worst teams in the league. The conspiracy stuff makes sense, but it's all based on circumstantial evidence. Plus, a lot of teams meet some combination of the big market, new arena, old arena, or historic franchise criteria.

Even if I'm wrong and there really is a conspiracy, why would Stern give the pick to the Wizards? We're from a small market, our superstar has a gimpy knee, and our arena is ten years old. Granted, the Wizards would probably become a borderline elite team a la Houston or Utah if everyone's healthy next year and Griffin is on the team, but it would be no better for the league than Griffin going to New York, Phoenix, or the Clippers.

Washington is no small market. It's the 10th biggest NBA market, 9th biggest in the US.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 03-23-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #43
utahjazzrock
Decent playground baller

utahjazzrock has an OK reputation so far

Yah, basically any non-playoff team does have a shot at top 3-but chances increase. Like the better the team, the lower the chance right?
This is why I just dont think the Suns will get such a great pick, I mean why would they?
If they get #1 pick, I might beleive that the draft is rigged.
But the Wizards are the top choice becuase they're so bad!
But don't be surprised tosee like the Kings or Grizzlies or Raptors.
utahjazzrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #44
stuckey.and1
Banned

stuckey.and1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
Anyone else think that Adam Silver looks like Gollum?

ISH: 1
Endogomy: 0
stuckey.and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #45
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Why? It's a dumb prediction. The Wizards are one of the worse teams in the league. They have a really good chance of getting the pick, thus this thread trying to look like he knows something special.

I'm sure the lottery has been tampered with a couple times, but I just don't think the Wizards getting the pick would be suspicious at all.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: