Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 03-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #46
GiveItToBurrito

Default Re: The lottery is rigged say inside sources: Wiz slated to get #1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Washington is no small market.

It's not exactly huge. I can't find the statistics right now, but the DMV isn't a particularly huge or densely populated area. DC itself only has 800,000 people, and we've got the Bobcats to the south of us and the 76ers to the north. Plus, the Wizards are competing with the Orioles, Nationals, Ravens, Redskins, Terps, Hoyas, and Caps for exposure, so it's not like Portland or something where the Blazers are the biggest show in town.

And the previous posters are right, the Wizards are one of the worst teams in the league (technically second worst right now, I think), so them getting the pick wouldn't be even a little bit suspicious. If Stern was that fond of DC, they'd have won in the 80's and early 90's when they were just as hopeless and pathetic.

Last edited by GiveItToBurrito : 03-23-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #47
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah well Wayman Tisdale was better than Ewing anyway so that backfired!
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #48
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its true, the Suns are going to win it.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #49
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

How the **** is it rigged, it's literally lottery balls taken out of a lotto machine.

I hate people like you.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #50
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
Of course the lottery is rigged. In fact you can even see in the infamous Ewing lotto where they folded the paper and then reached back in and grabbed the same folded piece. How so many people fail to see that is beyond me.
There's also been a consistent rumor that the NY ballot was refrigerated in the Ewing lottery.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. This topic may be a bit of a joke, but it just shows how corrupt the league has been under Dictator Stern.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #51
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
There's also been a consistent rumor that the NY ballot was refrigerated in the Ewing lottery.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. This topic may be a bit of a joke, but it just shows how corrupt the league has been under Dictator Stern.

There isn't even smoke here, its a guy who thinks something posting on a message board. If the lottery is rigged, I seriously doubt ore then 3-4 people in the world know about it before hand. Unless you're friend is one of the head execs for the league I doubt he knows any more about who will win the lottery than the rest of us. But I knew somebody would believe the OP, too many people nowadays believe everything they hear/read for a few people not to be convinced.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #52
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol Suns get #1 pick I can see them rigging it for Wizards but CMON.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #53
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
But I knew somebody would believe the OP, too many people nowadays believe everything they hear/read for a few people not to be convinced.
Maybe you don't know how to read, but I specifically stated that the rumors about the Ewing lottery have been around for a long time. It has nothing to do with the OP, or people who "believe everything they hear/read." Maybe you should take a look into the many "conspiracy theories" that have proved to be true. As I said, where there's smoke, there's usally fire.

Go to Google and put in the search term "Ewing lottery rigged." You'll get a search result of almost 25,000 references. It looks to me that there's widespread belief that something was very wrong with that draft lottery.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #54
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
It's not exactly huge. I can't find the statistics right now, but the DMV isn't a particularly huge or densely populated area. DC itself only has 800,000 people, and we've got the Bobcats to the south of us and the 76ers to the north. Plus, the Wizards are competing with the Orioles, Nationals, Ravens, Redskins, Terps, Hoyas, and Caps for exposure, so it's not like Portland or something where the Blazers are the biggest show in town.

And the previous posters are right, the Wizards are one of the worst teams in the league (technically second worst right now, I think), so them getting the pick wouldn't be even a little bit suspicious. If Stern was that fond of DC, they'd have won in the 80's and early 90's when they were just as hopeless and pathetic.

It's the 10th biggest NBA market overall and the 9th biggest NBA market in the US. Since there are 30 NBA markets, I don't see how being the 10th biggest out of 30 markets qualifies as a "small market".
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #55
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

I find the original post hilarious in its stupidity...

But as a fan I gotta say
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #56
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Never trust a guy named Ron Mexico.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #57
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would of thought NY would of been winning every year

I'll have to guess then Obama is pulling some strings
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #58
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I would laugh my ass off is suns get blake griffin aka charles barkley part 2
Rekindled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #59
TheBynumProject
Byonic

TheBynumProject has decent reputation

lottery coming up in a few days.
TheBynumProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #60
Lancerballer21