Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default I'm liking this road trip for the lakers

the current road trip is a good deal for the team I belive, my first thoughts when seeing it were "oh oh" but looking it over agin tonight i realized it's a fairly easy run 7 games in 13 total days on the road, none of the teams they'll face are elite level teams, none of the games they'll play would influence their own playoff position in a positive or negative way other than the W or L that went along with it...

more importantly it takes them out of LA and away from the LA media spotlight, other than the beat reporters...
it gives them some time of that valuble "road time" together where they really have to play as a unit to be successful but if they slip up it's probably not going to be what cost them a game...

they'll come back with 7 games left to play 5 at home.... all in all i think this may be just what the doctor ordered for them...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
momo
Value Ape.

Default Re: I'm liking this road trip for the lakers

Last home game at the post mortem in the locker room Lo was saying he thought it was a good time for a road trip, for the unity and bonding, playing in a hostile environ and so on I agree.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Lakers are the best road team for a reason, lets not forget the last long road trip the team went 6-0 with wins in Boston and Cleveland. Also sweeping both games in Houston and San Antonio. I actually think playing on the road is better at this stage of the season...more challenging.

Last edited by All Net : 03-24-2009 at 03:17 PM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

I agree, this road trip came at a good time so everyone can bond and get on the same page. I hope it goes well just so it helps the team's confidence right before heading into the playoffs, I'm not too concerned about wins/losses or the best record anymore.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

So 5 games in 7 days (with 2 B2B's) with travel in between each game isn't of concern?

I understand optimism and all, but if that scenario doesn't give you reason for concern, what does?

The Lakers had a good second half in Chicago, but the first half was putrid and that was the first game of the trip. After some of the recent games they have played (Philly especially last week), they're not exactly on a roll. Very inconsistent at best and honestly kind of shaky and streaky at best.

I think they need to manage things very carefully to come back with a good result. If they manage 5-2, they should be thrilled. Charlotte is playing better. Atlanta can be very tough at home. Detroit could easily put together a good game against us. OKC? Not likely, but they have put down some upsets this year. One game at a time and take care of themselves in between, get plenty of rest.

They will all be gunning for us too, especially the teams not looking at the playoffs. A home victory against the Lakers would something for them to hang their hat on for next season.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

The schedule is a little hectic but the Lakers are playing a bunch of mediocre teams on this road trip so they should have a relatively easy time. Key word is should, now if the Lakers want to make things more difficult for themselves by letting teams hang around... I agree that they looked shaky against the Bulls and couldn't put them away until the 4th quarter but it was the first game of a road trip and the important thing is they won the game and got off to a good start for this road trip. Maybe if the second unit continues to play well, the starters will be able to get more rest. Besides the Lakers are the best road team in the league so I don't think we have much to worry about.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
The schedule is a little hectic but the Lakers are playing a bunch of mediocre teams on this road trip so they should have a relatively easy time. Key word is should, now if the Lakers want to make things more difficult for themselves by letting teams hang around... I agree that they looked shaky against the Bulls and couldn't put them away until the 4th quarter but it was the first game of a road trip and the important thing is they won the game and got off to a good start for this road trip. Maybe if the second unit continues to play well, the starters will be able to get more rest. Besides the Lakers are the best road team in the league so I don't think we have much to worry about.

Not to mention, the bulls are a very talented team. They have a Gordon trying to play for a max contract and a D-rose that can be compared to the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

well, it MIGHT make them play better as a unit...as they come together (on and off court) on a long roadtrip.

however, it will likely be at the expense of home court advantage in the Championship...because I just don't see the Cavs losing much as their remaining games are MUCH easier.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not to mention, the bulls are a very talented team. They have a Gordon trying to play for a max contract and a D-rose that can be compared to the likes of Deron Williams and Chris Paul.
Exactly, and they also had a 7 game home winning streak so they're not as bad as their record indicates. If our bench mob continues to play well on this road trip, I will consider it a success, regardless of how many games we win/lose.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
If our bench mob continues to play well on this road trip,

Hey, that's what I was thinking..... Farmar is playing better, Luke
is showing a few signs, Powell is improving....

One more thing: Drew needs to return healthy and stay that way.
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #11
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller

3-0 so far, but a plug ugly performance by the bench mob last night.
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Laker
3-0 so far, but a plug ugly performance by the bench mob last night.

...and we still won, always a good sign if we struggle and win by 15 on the road lol!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
djwhizard
drum & bass!

3 down, 4 to go....

Starting off pretty nicely, there was a bit of a scare in the second quarter against the Pistons last nite - thank goodness they were able to right the ship in the second half!

Is it too much to ask the Cavs to lose a game here and there???? I'm starting to think they won't lose the rest of the season.... Lakers might have to win every game left just to catch them...
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

I love the way this road trip is building up serious character for the Lakers.

They need to get that spark going so that they can develope good habits entering the playoffs.

Tonight's back-to-back situation will be another solid test. It will be a good sign if they continue to push, even under the 'idea of being tired'.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
well, it MIGHT make them play better as a unit...as they come together (on and off court) on a long roadtrip.

however, it will likely be at the expense of home court advantage in the Championship...because I just don't see the Cavs losing much as their remaining games are MUCH easier.

Quit talkin' crazy man... Quit talkin' crazee...

I dun made an appointment with a Vodoo Practitioner... and we Iz bout to take care of the cavoleers tonight...

If you see a crazier version of the crab walk tonight, you gonna be recognizing the voddo that we do.

We gotz to get dah homecourt by any meanz necessary!
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: