Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 03-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Charles Barkley vs David Robinson

I would probably call them equal, but if you're asking me to pick one I would choose david robinson.

I am personally a fan of centers over guards but I really think David was more of a team player and at the same time, was able to show more leadership with less drama on and off the court lol.

The Admiral > Sir Charles
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #17
iTruWarrior
Banned

iTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation hereiTruWarrior has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I would probably call them equal, but if you're asking me to pick one I would choose david robinson.

I am personally a fan of centers over guards but I really think David was more of a team player and at the same time, was able to show more leadership with less drama on and off the court lol.

The Admiral > Sir Charles
Uh Sir Charles was a power forward.
iTruWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
i'd take the 93 Barkley anyday.

David Robinson was amazing and he can play defense much better but Barkley is too versatile for David in offense

One was a C and the other a PF, who started his career as a 2/3 in Philly. Obviously Barkley would be more versitile then D-Rob on offense. As much as I love Barkely, I think if you put David Robinson on some of those Phoenix teams you might have seen some titles.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTruWarrior
Uh Sir Charles was a power forward.

lol we already talked about this
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
Sir Charles
Decent college freshman

Sir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected posterSir Charles is a pretty well-respected poster

Sir Charles > Robinson

David Robinson was a Nobody In his Prime when Facing a HEALTHY BARKLEY before 1996 and HAKEEM. If it wasn`t for CF Tim Duncan he would have never ever won any championships. Ever!

I remember what a puss*****y Robinson was in 1993 against Barkley and when he got the MVP in 95 i was so pissed i knew Hakeem would destroy Duncan in the clutch, and he did

Barkley was a way Better Scorer than Duncan, not Just Better ...Way Better
Way Better Passer
Way Better Dribbler
Way Better Game Creator
Clearly Better Rebounder
Way Better Clutch Player (Both for Big Games and Last Second Shots)
Way Better Skilled Player: Far Range Shooter, Mid Range Shooter, 1 on 1 Driver, Off the Dribble Scorer...etc
Superior Floor Defender aswell

Thigs Robinson was Better was:

FT Shooting
Interior Defender....thats about it...

David Robinson never took games over like Charles did in the Play-Offs

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._career_p.html

Career Playoffs Leaders and Records for Player Efficiency Rating

Rank Player PER
1. Michael Jordan 28.59
2. George Mikan* 28.51
3. Shaquille O'Neal 26.47
4. Tim Duncan 26.04
5. Hakeem Olajuwon* 25.69
6. Tracy McGrady 24.66
7. Charles Barkley* 24.18
8. Dirk Nowitzki 24.02
9. LeBron James 23.80
10. Dolph Schayes* 23.24
11. Dwyane Wade 23.21
12. Kevin Garnett 23.19
13. Jerry West* 23.07
14. David Robinson 23.03

Only Players that where Better than Barkley in HIS TIME...where ofcourse Jordan and Just Maybe Hakeem...(EFF still goes for Barkley!!!)

Only Two Last Great Players are Shaq and Duncan

Last edited by Sir Charles : 03-24-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Sir Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #21
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

1.15 PER isn't exactly a massive difference.

I don't know why we're even comparing these two. They are totally different types of player. Obviously Barkey was a better long range shooter because Robinson didn't shoot from long range. Obviously Robinson was a better interior defender, because he was a shot blocking C.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #22
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
You're even a bigger idiot than I thought. If you can't understand simple things like that.....

For your heavy retardation, people say you without the are a lot of the time but I don't expect someone like you to know that because you don't socialize with people outside of your home or should I say house?

Dis b1tch iz hilarious

LOL you still an idiot is 1) WRONG LOL.... "are" would always have to be used with still coming after, you still an idiot... LOL ....

Barkley.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: