Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #31
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bryan Colangelo: Visionary or Overhyped? (Warning: Long, Detailed Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Maybe i used the wrong terminology, by lights out assasin i was referring to us finally have a player that can take over a game in the dying moments like Dirk of the Mavs. Unlike Chris, Andrea can shoot the dagger as well as drive from beyond the arc and pound the rim. That's a deadly combination late in the game, and when it's his turn to be the franchise player, he will do exactly that. Give him a little time. Still, don't sleep on his toughness either, he has made huge strides in that department this year. Plus you don't see it much yet, because he is still feeling it out, but he's got quite the mean streak in him too. Add another 20 pounds in the next couple years and he will punnish people in the paint. So in this aspect i have to think Bryan Colangelo was more the visionary than the overhyped. Few of us believed in Andrea, and before this year i certainly was guilty of that. But now, since game 1 of this year, the more i watched him, the more i realized that he's only begun to tap the surface of his potential.

Very politically correct post. I agree with everything you say and I hope Andrea starts to recognize more of that potential next season as well. Bargnani already put on a lot of weight this off season and I think if he gained another 20 pounds and went up to 270, he would lose a lot of his quickness on the drive. He would be sluggish and probably wouldn't be able to do a lot of the things he does well at his current weight. I find he's contained players well in the post defensively and has gotten better late in the season in making himself big in the post offensively and taking advantage of smaller players.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #32
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Bryan Colangelo: Visionary or Overhyped? (Warning: Long, Detailed Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Maybe i used the wrong terminology, by lights out assasin i was referring to us finally have a player that can take over a game in the dying moments like Dirk of the Mavs. Unlike Chris, Andrea can shoot the dagger as well as drive from beyond the arc and pound the rim. That's a deadly combination late in the game, and when it's his turn to be the franchise player, he will do exactly that. Give him a little time. Still, don't sleep on his toughness either, he has made huge strides in that department this year. Plus you don't see it much yet, because he is still feeling it out, but he's got quite the mean streak in him too. Add another 20 pounds in the next couple years and he will punnish people in the paint. So in this aspect i have to think Bryan Colangelo was more the visionary than the overhyped. Few of us believed in Andrea, and before this year i certainly was guilty of that. But now, since game 1 of this year, the more i watched him, the more i realized that he's only begun to tap the surface of his potential.

Theoretically, Bosh can do the exact same thing (minus the 3 point shooting). Give Andrea a taste of defenses collapsing on him and he will most likely have difficulty just like Bosh. 20 pounds of muscles is also extremely unlikely.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #33
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Theoretically, Bosh can do the exact same thing (minus the 3 point shooting). Give Andrea a taste of defenses collapsing on him and he will most likely have difficulty just like Bosh. 20 pounds of muscles is also extremely unlikely.

Today was the first time all season that Bosh did anything remotely clutch. He basically won us the game down the stretch today. Hopefully that helps his confidence going forward.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: