Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board
Default Injuries

Talk about past injuries you've had, bad ones and weird ones.

The one that most annoyed me was when I went up and blocked a fast break dunk/layup but on the way down I got my finger caught in the net and dislocated it
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
tastystaci
Local High School Star

tastystaci has decent reputation
Default Re: Injuries

My ankles. I have always had trouble rolling over my ankles. My juniour year, right before our playoffs, I'm outside ballin' with my brother, i roll the thing over worst than I ever had. Coach is pissed, my teammates are pissed. I could barely walk, but i told them to tape it up and I played on it. We lost, but I did what I could to. I felt like isiah thomas in game 6 of the 88 finals. I didn't score 26 in one quarter though
tastystaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #3
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastystaci
My ankles. I have always had trouble rolling over my ankles. My juniour year, right before our playoffs, I'm outside ballin' with my brother, i roll the thing over worst than I ever had. Coach is pissed, my teammates are pissed. I could barely walk, but i told them to tape it up and I played on it. We lost, but I did what I could to. I felt like isiah thomas in game 6 of the 88 finals. I didn't score 26 in one quarter though

That never happened, did it?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
supersmashbros
Good college starter

supersmashbros is considered somewhat coolsupersmashbros is considered somewhat cool

I didn't injury myself, but I accidentally injured someone else a few weeks ago. Somebody had his basketball stuck on the side of the rim. He successfully did a running jump to get the ball out, but even after landing he was still running! But I just happened to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time! I stuck my left elbow out, and he ran into it head-on! It caused him some bleeding on the brow, but thankfully nothing too severe....
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Hoopla
I airball my layups

Hoopla has an OK reputation so far

In my experience, most common injuries (at least with new ballers) occur when the ball strikes the top of the fingers. Come on, you've all done it.

Injuries from this can range from a broken nail (more painful than it sounds) to fractures
__________________________________________________ ________________
Double Your Playing Time, Increase Your Confidence and Triple Your Chances For Getting In The NBA
http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...an-within.html

Plus, lots of FREE stuff at:
www.best-basketball-tips.com
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
JJ81
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopla
In my experience, most common injuries (at least with new ballers) occur when the ball strikes the top of the fingers. Come on, you've all done it.

Injuries from this can range from a broken nail (more painful than it sounds) to fractures

Yeah I used to do that all the time but I just used to shake it off and play through it (fractured it one time). I'd then ice them afterwards. It hardly ever happens to me anymore when I play but if it does, it doesn't hurt for long. Same with rolling my ankles.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

shin splints more recently it sucks cuz my legs always hurt and my legs are a huge part of my game i can jump and run faster then my freinds but with my legs f'd up iam horrible

ive jammed my fingers alot too
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
JJ81
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
shin splints more recently it sucks cuz my legs always hurt and my legs are a huge part of my game i can jump and run faster then my freinds but with my legs f'd up iam horrible

ive jammed my fingers alot too

Your shin splints wont last long.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #9
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Unhappy Re: Injuries

Groin injury is the worst ever...

I had been doing hip flexor/groin stretches religiously before basketball started, but once it was on I stopped. I remember one game before I realized somthing was seriously wrong, during warmups I was almost crying. I still cant jump off my left very well, and no way in hell do I try playing basketball unless im warmed up. Its the longest injury ive ever had at 7 months and 4 days.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #10
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
Your shin splints wont last long.

iam hoping it wont its been 2 weeks now
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

I have just sustained an injury to my lower left rib cage (happened just this past Saturday). When I play with my group of friends, we're a bunch of old guys so we play old rules… hand checks, fore arms, putting body on a player, et cetera…

I was guarding a guy posting up and he bumped me with his shoulder… I finished the game but was done for the night. Felt a bit sore but not too bad. Yesterday was just nagging pain but I was able to make due. I've had a poor nights sleep this past night and am in much more pain now as I type ths and I'm about to head over to urgent care in a bit. It pains me to cough, bend down, even to lean back in the chair…

I had a similar injury last year when I took a charge, but I wasn't in much pain then and recovered quickly - enough to be shooting around at home in a couple days. This time its much worse and I may have developed a chronic problem now
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My worst injury was a sprained + fractured ankle. It took me 6 months until I had recovered to the point I could play ball again, and I wore a brace for another 6 months afterward. I did make a full recovery though and these days my game is stronger than ever.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
My worst injury was a sprained + fractured ankle. It took me 6 months until I had recovered to the point I could play ball again, and I wore a brace for another 6 months afterward. I did make a full recovery though and these days my game is stronger than ever.

Lucky you, I dont have health insurance so after I tore my meniscus I basically just waited a month off and then I started playing again with a brace but I dont feel the same. Ive lost speed, vertical, you name it. I feel 65% of my old self but Im still playing better than alot of dudes at the parks so Im just playing on it.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #14
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I sprained my knee because I was driving to the hoop and this guy stepped up to take a charge and our knees collided. After a day, my knee was huge. It wasnt any thing major and after two weeks of icing, it went away.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Well I went to urgent care for my ribs, and I have a rib contusion. Not much they can do… I got some pain medication and have been instructed to take deep breaths every hour or so to prevent complications such as pneumonia or a collapsed lung. I'm out for a couple weeks too sux too as this is the time of year to get game on…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: