Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 03-26-2009, 08:08 AM   #16
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official CatCast: Bobcats @ Wizards, 1/25, 7:00 PM EST, Verizon Center

I've felt disappointment before, but this is particularly bad.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 AM   #17
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Official CatCast: Bobcats @ Wizards, 1/25, 7:00 PM EST, Verizon Center

I somewhat had a feeling the Wizards would play better basketball against the 'Cats than they did the Bulls. It's really not even that Washington played well, we practically handed them the win. Sad... sad indeed.

2.5 games back now... less favorable schedule... think just aren't looking too bright at this point.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
“You (media) guys keep reminding us about the playoffs, and that could have messed with our heads,” forward Gerald Wallace (21 points) said. “We've never been through this before.”

Not the type of thing I want to see Crash say. Hopefully it was just frustration talking.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #19
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Not the type of thing I want to see Crash say. Hopefully it was just frustration talking.

Yeah, it's just frustration... but I can somewhat see where he's coming from. Wallace has some experience with the Kings in the playoffs back in their hay-day, but he's right about this being new territory for most of the team. There's pressure to make the playoffs sure, but if you over psych yourself it could hinder something such as say hitting invaluable game winning free throws.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the team... but it's somewhat true.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #20
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Was that an actual quote?!? Are you kidding me?? It's not the damn media its the own freaking team constantly reminding themselves of the playoffs. It ain't the media. It's the team. If they can't handle their own expectations then let's just cut the whole team and sign some guys who can live up to their expectations.

Unbelievable. I know some times it's ok to blame the media, but not here. Wallace has been the key guy in saying, "We're going for the playoffs," and "We're good enough to make it to the playoffs."

He brought it on himself. I can't believe that he would say that.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #21
Legend of Josh
Banned

Everyone's frustrated about this. Yes, we should have beat the much weaker Washington team especially at this point in the season where we have everything to gain and they're playing for peanuts. Still though, Chicago is on a roll and we have nothing to do with that... that's out of our own control. They're playing better basketball and they have a much favorable schedule.

We're back 2.5 games... so the hole isn't impossible to get out of... but it all hinges of how well Chicago plays down the stretch... and we need all the luck we can to beat + .500 teams and we must win the games against inferior teams.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #22
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Not sure what the hell Wallaces problem is. Trying to blame the media? What a joke. He plays in Charlotte for Christ sake where they have ONE NBA beat writer. God forbid if he played in New York or something. Perhaps he should have owned up to missing the game tying freethrow.

What a terrible comment.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #23
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Talk about two upsets in a row...

my friend and i , before the pacers game were talking about how the bobcats could easily beat the teams they were expected to beat as of lately, but uh...
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #24
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
Talk about two upsets in a row...

my friend and i , before the pacers game were talking about how the bobcats could easily beat the teams they were expected to beat as of lately, but uh...

I don't know when the Bobcats were ever good enough to be expected to win any games. Same with all the teams below .500
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #25
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I don't know when the Bobcats were ever good enough to be expected to win any games. Same with all the teams below .500
I don't have any stats infront of me nor do I feel like finding any, but for the past couple months the bobcats were winning against teams that had a lesser record than them PRETTY consistantly
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #26
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

This is just right off the top of my head, but since the Diaw Bell trade we are somewhere around 26-24. Our overall record doesnt indicate the skill level of our current team. So when you plau above .500 ball the past 45-50 games you can expect to beat teams like Indiana, Washington, etc.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #27
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Our only hope is to somehow start a long winning streak and hope the Pistons are in a complete meltdown.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #28
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed

The Bobcats are not the same as all the other teams under .500. Yes we could/should have expected to win many of the games we've lost. You would realize that if you had an agenda that was something other than Bobcat-bashing. You'll be downing the Cats even when we do make the playoffs so go bother some other forum and leave us alone.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #29
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
The Bobcats are not the same as all the other teams under .500. Yes we could/should have expected to win many of the games we've lost. You would realize that if you had an agenda that was something other than Bobcat-bashing. You'll be downing the Cats even when we do make the playoffs so go bother some other forum and leave us alone.

I meant nothing by it. Sorry if you took it a different way. If you think that statement was Bobcat bashing, then I am Bulls bashing too.

I say fans really have no room to expect wins when the team is under .500 (Yes, my favorite team is below 500 and included). The teams with winning records; now they can truly expect to win those games.

I would love to see the 'Cats in the playoffs. I would never down that.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #30
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I find myself secretly hoping the 76ers get salmonella poisoning before the game tonight. Is that wrong?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: