Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Are you letting the Nets down?

there are a couple of posters here who stay with the nets and keep posting no matter what and i salute them with respect.
but most of you guys have quickly disappeared after the early 'devin harris euphoria' wore off.
because it seems you liked the fireworks but couldn't handle the daily grind.

we have struggled greatly since then, and being a nets fan has been depressing at times, but some of us manage to keep watching the games and keep posting while the rest of you seem to have disappeared.

right now i am outraged at carter, outraged at frank, and outraged at the nets in general, but one thing you can count on is that i will keep posting about the nets until the last bitter game of this latest bitter season is completely over.

so stand up right here and right now if you still care about the nets.

even moreso if you think that there is something wrong with them that needs fixing. and don't just say "frank" or "carter", because obviously the problems go deeper than any one individual.

i mean, have you seen the lameass interviews the team just gave?
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=7584

pfaah!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Are you letting the Nets down?

I'm still with the Nets but these games they keep losing by 4 or less points HAS GOT TO STOP.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Saw the game last night against the warriors. I for one will always be a die hard NJ fan and i actually enjoy watching these guys. Its fun and entertaining, but we gotta start getting some more dubba u's. Im only calm right now because im so pissed about the defence. Its about the defense. We have to start getting some stops. Yea VC had a bad game, we missed foul shots, etc. You can blame Frank, VC, Yi , or whoeever else, but the bottom line is we need to get stops. This was a game that could have been won easily. Golden state had the momentum in the 3rd and the Nets couldn't bounce back.

I would like to see Anderson getting some more minutes, i would like to see VC not look so damn depressed in the game. When he's mentally in it, he's always on fire, but when he's not he doesn't perform well. The Nets have a lot of issues to address and maybe not making the playoffs will be a good thing. It will expose the Nets weaknesses, and maybe for next season we can finally make some changes like picking up a great defender that can get stops or filling a SF void (although i am really liking Jarvis hayes right now) or maybe buying some hearts and putting it in these player's chests...

The 8th seed needs to go to a team that deserves it and plays well, possibly the Bucks or the Bobcats...
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good thread.
I will always be a Nets fan, through bad times, through good times.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I'm still a Nets fan, but what do you honestly want me to say? The Nets are underperforming in pretty much every facet. From the management, to coaches, to the players, and everybody else. I don't think people want to hear me complain all the time, so I find other ways to vent.

The only things that we can look forward to is our big salary cap space in a couple of years, Devin Harris, and Brook Lopez. That's pretty much it. If it weren't for those things, I'd be long gone, because the Nets would essentially be tanking without a future in mind.

Rod Thorn is obviously one of the smartest in the business, but if he really meant what he said when he said that Frank is "untouchable," I really have to reevaluate his intelligence.

We can't win with Vince. He is not "winner" material. He does not seize the moment, yet he is our captain and franchise player. His inability to mentally win games and yesterday's game against GS are microcosms of how this team has the toughness of a marshmallow. When the other team goes on a run, it's over.

Right now, there are so many reasons for me to hate the Nets. But the three things I mentioned above are keeping me in. Other than that, there is absolutely no reason for me to like this team. We show no heart, we have a sh*tty record, our coach is inadequate, management is complacent and still seems optimistic about a team that probably won't make the playoffs again after 7 straight appearances, our franchise player is not a "winner," the fanbase sucks, and I could go on.

But to save space and the sanity of everyone, I'd rather keep quiet about the unequivocal frustration I have with this team.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

SLY has an OK reputation so far

I will live and die by the Nets
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #7
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I still watch as many nets games as I can...I will always be a fan of this team... I still post here regularly and I am happy repping this team. The losses are hard to watch and Frank does piss me of from time to time....I have liked this team for too long to just start not watching or caring. Seriously...It's not like we are the Wizards with only 15 wins... there is still 18 games left and I cannot wait to watch them all...
There is always a positive: Playoffs= Experience; Lottery=Player to hopefully build around similar to what happened by getting Lopez.
I really need to see the coach play Anderson some more.... we dont even have a backup PF when he doesn't play anderson...because Najera is hurt and Swift is no longer a Net....
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

NJnetsfan1535 has decent reputation

im still supporting my nets man, i am now, i always have, and i always will... i watch just about every game, maybe miss 1 to 2 games a year... im a diehard netsfan, biggest one i know of, but i havent been able to post on here much cuz im one the freshman volleyball team and have practice everyday so yeah
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._64_recap.html

See, this is the reason why I find it harder and harder to stay a fan of the Nets. We're talking about a team that missed the playoffs last year for the first time in 7 years. A bunch of young guys who could greatly benefit from the playoff experience. Playing a team that is out of the picture and is basically tanking for next season. A win that we really need considering our tough schedule. We blow it at the end, and yet, these guys treat it like it were nothing.

A losing team with a losing attitude in a losing atmosphere. If they don't give a sh*t about this, then neither will I.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._64_recap.html

See, this is the reason why I find it harder and harder to stay a fan of the Nets. We're talking about a team that missed the playoffs last year for the first time in 7 years. A bunch of young guys who could greatly benefit from the playoff experience. Playing a team that is out of the picture and is basically tanking for next season. A win that we really need considering our tough schedule. We blow it at the end, and yet, these guys treat it like it were nothing.

A losing team with a losing attitude in a losing atmosphere. If they don't give a sh*t about this, then neither will I.
Wow...I did not read this....
that is pretty sad.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:57 AM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

first of all, thanks to all you guys who cared to post.

secondly, i completely agree with recspecs.
as a fan i feel outraged about the lack of caring in those interviews. if i was a ticket holder i would feel personally disrespected and ready to tear the facility down.

what happened wednesday night was just not right on so many levels.

then after venting my spleen yesterday i found these interesting posts pointing out stuff that i had missed watching the game over a crappy internet feed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netsfan99
There is something going on between (Carter) and Harris.

Especially when Harris doesn't pass the ball to him (because he is an idiot), VC gets frustrated when he is screaming for it, next posession when Harris does pass the ball to him, VC gives it back with "i dont want it anymore"....

examples are on that fast break when harris passed to hassel instead of VC during 1st quarter, and in 3rd quarter a similar situation but not a fast break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody1234
Besides all the obvious bad things tonight, mostly free throws, just a couple of smaller things i noticed...

Vince almost never passes to Yi. I see Yi flash to the hoop or to the elbow and put his hands up when hes open and Vince never gives it to him. Just a lack of confidence in him? Anyone else notice?

Twice in this game, most obviously with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd, Vince put his hands up when he was open but Devin didnt give him the ball. Then later in the play when Devin did give him the ball, Vince passed it right back as if to say "i dont want it now, forget it.." VC looked frustrated on that play and looked frustrated and disinterested the rest of the game. Vince has been a great leader and cheerleader this year but we did not see that tonight. Hopefully that sequence with Devin wasnt anything more than just the result of a bad night and not the start of some kind of ego / power struggle b/w our two stars.

at this point i'm starting to wonder about the veteran leadership, or maybe the lack thereof.

given that frank is probably more a coach who keeps guys on an even keel rather than fires them up, isn't it the veteran players' jobs to make sure a quarter like the 3rd doesn't happen? i mean, after carter there are a lot of 'young veterans' on this team, but where are the older hard-nosed veterans with a trace of charles oakley or a kmart in them? you know, the ones who bring an intensity to the table that, when positive, brings everyone together and inspires ferocious defense even when nobody can hit a jump shot?

najara was supposed to be it, i guess, but being chronically injured he doesn't have much latitude to speak out and walk the talk on the court.

godammit, something needs to be fixed here...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #12
taibien86
I hit open layups

taibien86 has an OK reputation so far

i admit, i've been gone from the forum for a while. but i've never waivered as a nets fan. i pretty much schedule my life around their games. and im still renewing my season tix even in this economy... if thats not saying something, i dont know what is.

but im glad gigantes that you're calling the so-called nets fans out. sure we can't control what's going on on the court, but we can definitely get up and scream at games and it is severly depressing when we do nothing to help out.
taibien86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
LBJames2010
Local High School Star

LBJames2010 has an OK reputation so far

Nets fan for life!

sry if i havnt been posting around here much, im usually in the main forum.

Ill try and be active around here as well
LBJames2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
Rockbttm88
There is no dark side

Rockbttm88 has decent reputationRockbttm88 has decent reputation

I complain about the Nets a fair amount on this forum. I have issues with Harris's style of play, upper management and coaching, lack of support from everyone in NJ (I couldnt even find a Nets hat to buy at the mall last weekend), and a plethora of other things.

But when it comes down to it, I'm a Net fan for life. Through the good times and the bad, I'm watching every single game and cheering the guys on. I try to get to as many games as I can and when I do.. I'm probably the loudest one in the whole place.

My name is Keith and I love the New Jersey Nets
Rockbttm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockbttm88
I complain about the Nets a fair amount on this forum. I have issues with Harris's style of play, upper management and coaching, lack of support from everyone in NJ (I couldnt even find a Nets hat to buy at the mall last weekend), and a plethora of other things.

But when it comes down to it, I'm a Net fan for life. Through the good times and the bad, I'm watching every single game and cheering the guys on. I try to get to as many games as I can and when I do.. I'm probably the loudest one in the whole place.

My name is Keith and I love the New Jersey Nets

My name is Dave and I love the New Jersey Nets!
Next year the squad is going to be sick!!!
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: