Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here
Default The thread where I rip Chris Kaman.

Im sorry but this guy really stinks. Three turnovers in 17 minutes. Sadly this is not a fluke, but the norm. Dude can't catch a pass, and can't hardly make one either. He's nothing. Only reason he has decent stats is because he has size and plays a lot of minutes, so he's bound to end up filling the stat sheet. In terms of impact, he's nothing. Great players usually have a high ratio of good qualities to bad ones, while Kaman's is honestly like 1:1. Pretty much anything he does decent is offset by how much he does wrong.

Kaman is like a 'tweener.' in the sense that he's not good enough to be the first option on a contending team, but he's not smart enough or doesnt specialize in one area enough to be a role player. His enticing combination of size and skill make you want to give him touches and go through him on offense, but he always disappoints in the end. He is fools gold. I'd much rather have a guy like Ilgauskus as my #2 option than Kaman as my number 1, or my number 2, or anywhere in my starting lineup. Z might be more limited than Kaman, but at least he does what he does well and he does it consistently. Kaman is just a headeache.

I don't really even see much of a dropoff in overall impact right now between when Kaman is on the court and when DeAndre Jordan is out there. Give DeAndre some consistent minutes and a year or two to develop, and he will be miles better than Kaman. Jordan IS the future center of this franchise. I understand Kaman is considered to be an asset and the Clippers want to get the most value possible if they trade him, but at some point they need to just get him out of here and move on. I can't stand watching this guy bumble. The foot injury is no excuse. He's been playing basketball for probably close to 20 years. Missing 1/3 of a season shouldnt make you forget how to play. The problem is that he never knew in the fist place. He was fumbling passes away like this and making foolish plays at the beginning of the season.

Honestly I would trade Kaman and Baron to the Pacers for Tinsley, Dunleavy Jr, and Troy Murphy. And the salaries do match. Honeslty, I'd start Taylor, Gordon, Dunleavy, Randolph, and Jordan, then have a bench of Tinsley, Fred Jones, Thornton, Novak, Camby, and Murphy.

I mean I'm just really sick of Kaman. I want him out of here. DeAndre Jordan is gonna be a force. There no point wasting valuable development time by keeping him on the bench so Kaman can dick around. Find somebody who will take Kaman for anything so that Jordan can come off the bench for now behind randolph and camby, and eventually be groomed for a starting role.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The thread where I rip Chris Kaman.

yeah... sure.. but, with all due respect, isnt this a moot point at this point?
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

THey better trade Kaman while he has some value. He's always hesitant on offense, and his defense is subpar. He also demands the ball to much. With Camby he'll shoot his little jumper or catch lobs not try and post. Leave that to Z Bo. And for Kaman I think we can get some solid role players off the bench. I don't know about you guys but I definitely think we need to replace Skinner and Jones. For a good shooter at the 2 and a good rebounding PF like a Haslem or Turiaf. And to finish off a good coach is necessary. Someone who can play faster but also execute in the half court. Something that Dunleavy won't/can't do. And in the offseason we should try and sign Matt Barnes. For playing fast we got this lineup:

Randolph
Thornton
Barnes
Gordon
Davis

For half court:

Camby
Randolph
Thornton
Gordon
Davis

Plus this nice bench:

Jordan
Solid PF
Barnes/Novak
Solid Shooter
Taylor.

I could see this team getting 45+ wins.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And man I agree with you on Kaman and with other things you say but cmon that trade idea is terrible. Even if we are forced to have Mike coaching Baron is still way better than Tinsley and Mike Dunleavy Jr. how would this guy fit in? Especially with his father most likely coaching. But Troy Murphy is a nice player. Kaman for Murphy though is an excellent trade. This is a very solid PF spot with Randolph and Murphy.

Last edited by Al Thornton : 03-28-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: