Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I think after last nights game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
So you want to re-sign all our UFA's and suit up essentially the same squad as this year? Damn I didn't get THAT much hope from last game...

At the very least graham, hump and jake need to be told to walk. I'm also not a fan of seeing Parker age another year before our eyes. I don't see how our bench "improves" by having all the same guys on it. Do tell?
That's actually almost exactly what I was about to say. Voskuhl needs to go. I guess I wouldn't mind Parker for a vets min, but anything more than that, let him walk. I'm not too sure about Graham. I think it'd be good to re-sign Marion for 5-6 mill/year if he'll take that kind of offer.. And then possibly take a look at Ben Jordan. Because from what we know, the Bulls don't want him and i'd rather him than Crawford or any other and 1 streetballer type players.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I would love to see them trade Kapono, Humps and Delfino for Caron butler.
And I would love it if Megan Good became my wife... Doesn't mean there's any shot of it happening.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #18
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
I would love to see them trade Kapono, Humps and Delfino for Caron butler.
The only way I see BC being able to pull off a trade like that is if during his spare time he also parts the red sea and turns water into wine.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
So you want to re-sign all our UFA's and suit up essentially the same squad as this year? Damn I didn't get THAT much hope from last game...

At the very least graham, hump and jake need to be told to walk. I'm also not a fan of seeing Parker age another year before our eyes. I don't see how our bench "improves" by having all the same guys on it. Do tell?
1. Parker was a starter. If you can convince him into coming off the bench he will be a great glue guy for the second unit and can carry the ball upcourt to assist Ukic.
2. Ukic much improved since mid season and should look great dribble driving into the paint with a year of experience.
3. Hump has been on the IR much of the season and has allways been a good energy guy.
4. Graham is much improved and also high energy slash to the paint type guy on most nights with a nice mid range jump shot.
5. Pops, great high energy paint finisher/ rebounder who only became a Raptor a few weeks ago and has been probably the most consistent Rap off the bench.
Had we had this bench all season, we would be talking playoffs now. Obviously a couple holes would of had to be filled in the starting unit as well, this is where Colangelo will define himself.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #20
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
1. Parker was a starter. If you can convince him into coming off the bench he will be a great glue guy for the second unit and can carry the ball upcourt to assist Ukic.
2. Ukic much improved since mid season and should look great dribble driving into the paint with a year of experience.
3. Hump has been on the IR much of the season and has allways been a good energy guy.
4. Graham is much improved and also high energy slash to the paint type guy on most nights with a nice mid range jump shot.
5. Pops, great high energy paint finisher/ rebounder who only became a Raptor a few weeks ago and has been probably the most consistent Rap off the bench.
Had we had this bench all season, we would be talking playoffs now. Obviously a couple holes would of had to be filled in the starting unit as well, this is where Colangelo will define himself.

If we resign Marion, Parker, Graham and Hump for what they'll ask for we have no capspace to work with. Unless BC can change the cap system in the offseason then there is no room for him to fill those starting lineup holes that you think will "define" him. Remember, we have a lottery pick (and maybe we can buy another late first) with which we can/should fill bench spots. Jake, Graham, Hump and O'Bryant need to be told to walk, and Parker needs to if he wants anything over $2-2.5 mill. We've seen with Pops that you can get D-leaguers late season that can help us more than those scrubs (aside from Parker, though he's aging quickly). Graham seems to get some love (and I gave him some a while back) but he has fallen off since Pops showed up and I'd take Delfino over him so bye bye. Hump wasn't exactly tearing up the league before going on IR. The guy was a healthy scratch on many nights, and with Pops it'd be even worse.

I have to reiterate, we're over the cap now and if we resign everyone you want to then there is no room to make any additions.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #21
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I think we need to resign Marion, Graham, Parker and Pops and let Voskuhl and O'Bryant walk. Graham is not a terrible player and can give a team a good 10-15 mins of toughness, rebounding, defense and moderate slashing. For the right price, I would welcome him back to our bench no problem. Plus we'll have Delfino and maybe have enough money left over for a backup C like Rasho.

So bring back a 25 win team + Rasho and Delfino....so what, we can be a 32 win team?

A new coach is high on my list, but we need changes to the roster, not status quo.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
So bring back a 25 win team + Rasho and Delfino....so what, we can be a 32 win team?

A new coach is high on my list, but we need changes to the roster, not status quo.

+ Healthy Team
+ Rasho, Delfino
+ Resigned Marion, Parker, Pops, Graham
+ 1st Round Draft Pick

We've seen how this team can play when healthy. If we maintain our depth by resigning some players, adding a few role players via free agency and a first round draft pick, we can be a competitive team again. At least that's what I believe. Does anyone think we would be better spending our FA money on Ben Gordon instead of Marion? He's younger and a very good backcourt scorer, even though he's limited defensively because of his size.

Bargnani/Rasho/Jawai
Bosh/Pops/Hump
Delfino/Graham/Kapono
Gordon/Parker
Calderon/Ukic/Banks

+ 1st/2nd Round Pick = A pretty competitive and young team IMO.

Last edited by Toni : 03-30-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
+ Healthy Team
+ Rasho, Delfino
+ Resigned Marion, Parker, Pops, Graham
+ 1st Round Draft Pick

We've seen how this team can play when healthy. If we maintain our depth by resigning some players, adding a few role players via free agency and a first round draft pick, we can be a competitive team again. At least that's what I believe. Does anyone think we would be better spending our FA money on Ben Gordon instead of Marion? He's younger and a very good backcourt scorer, even though he's limited defensively because of his size.

Marion / Delphino, Parker, Graham just sounds like a bad sequel to me.

Marion has to come cheap long before we even consider him returning, I'm talking $5 mil two years tops. He misses more two footers then anybody I've seen. Yes he can run but we already have one player (Kapono) who has only one skill. We don't need another player who has to have the game tapered to him to be sucessfull.

Delphino while our best defender at the time had Moon, Graham and an over rated Parker as comparison. And does anybody remember just how inconsistent he was, and he's another year older.

With Pops emerging as an attacker that we so sorely missed, Hump can be moved. I like Hump, good energy and decent when he does what he's asked to do, but he always steps away from his role and dreams of being a scorer. We can't have Hump, Pops and Jawai. One has to go because we will need that experienced centre (Rasho maybe). Hump has the combination of best contract & experience to be that candidate.

If you were Bosh and BC told you the changes would be signing Delphino with Marion while keeping Parker and Graham, would you be ready to sign for another 4 - 5 years?
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:11 PM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Marion / Delphino, Parker, Graham just sounds like a bad sequel to me.

Marion has to come cheap long before we even consider him returning, I'm talking $5 mil two years tops. He misses more two footers then anybody I've seen. Yes he can run but we already have one player (Kapono) who has only one skill. We don't need another player who has to have the game tapered to him to be sucessfull.

Delphino while our best defender at the time had Moon, Graham and an over rated Parker as comparison. And does anybody remember just how inconsistent he was, and he's another year older.

With Pops emerging as an attacker that we so sorely missed, Hump can be moved. I like Hump, good energy and decent when he does what he's asked to do, but he always steps away from his role and dreams of being a scorer. We can't have Hump, Pops and Jawai. One has to go because we will need that experienced centre (Rasho maybe). Hump has the combination of best contract & experience to be that candidate.

If you were Bosh and BC told you the changes would be signing Delphino with Marion while keeping Parker and Graham, would you be ready to sign for another 4 - 5 years?

Read the second part of my post regarding not keeping Marion. If we picked up Ben Gordon we would be the most dangerous perimeter team in the league.

- Jose
- Andrea
- Kapono
- Parker
- Gordon

Those are some of the best 3 point shooters in the league and are all over 40% clip. I think I would rather have Gordon over Marion at this point, just because of scoring potential, perimeter threat, he's younger and because he's the scoring combo guard we lack.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

As far as i'm concerned, Marion has more than "one skill." I wouldn't want to imagine what last nights game would've been like if he hadn't been there to guard Derrick Rose in the game's dying moments. I don't think he's a game breaker or anything, but I think it would probably be a good thing for us to re-sign him if the price tag is right.

As for Ben Gordon, I actually think we could make a fairly cheap run at him. I don't think he wants to leave the NBA for Europe, but ever since turning down that 5 year 50 mill offer from the bulls, he hasn't garnered that type of interest from anyone. And since Voskuhl, Graham, Parker could all potentially be cut (or in Parkers case, signed for a vet min) we might have the money to have both.

Calderon/Ukic
Gordon/Delfino
Marion/Pops/Kapono
Bosh/Pops
Bargnani

and then the draft picks and maybe a trade or two to fill the rest of the gaps on the team

Last edited by bokes15 : 03-30-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

Looks like Jay is coming back as the HC. Jack Armstrong just announced it on "Off The Record". I don't like that at all.

Last edited by Dr. Hoopenstein : 03-30-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
As far as i'm concerned, Marion has more than "one skill." I wouldn't want to imagine what last nights game would've been like if he hadn't been there to guard Derrick Rose in the game's dying moments. I don't think he's a game breaker or anything, but I think it would probably be a good thing for us to re-sign him if the price tag is right.

As for Ben Gordon, I actually think we could make a fairly cheap run at him. I don't think he wants to leave the NBA for Europe, but ever since turning down that 5 year 50 mill offer from the bulls, he hasn't garnered that type of interest from anyone. And since Voskuhl, Graham, Parker could all potentially be cut (or in Parkers case, signed for a vet min) we might have the money to have both.

Calderon/Ukic
Gordon/Delfino
Marion/Pops/Kapono
Bosh/Pops
Bargnani

and then the draft picks and maybe a trade or two to fill the rest of the gaps on the team

If we can keep Marion and get Gordon then my view of BC would shoot through the roof, and the outlook of this team next year would be considerably better.

If Jay really is the coach next year then my outlook for this team would get considerably lessened. So I guess I'm right back where I started...
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #28
Dr. Hoopenstein
Rise Above The Comp

Dr. Hoopenstein has decent reputation

Hello!lol

Jack said that verbatim when asked by the host "who's going to be the head coach for the Raptors next year"? & JA responded Jay Triano. Almost like they had it set up as that was the first question asked in the one on one segment near the end on today's show.
Dr. Hoopenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:25 PM   #29
barkleynash
High School Varsity 6th Man

barkleynash has an OK reputation so far

If we did this, I would probably bring Gordon off the Bench to the the 6th man again. Not too confident to have Calderon and Gordon in the back-court. I'd rather start a Delfino, who has the size and strength to guard big 2's, than Gordon. second unit 2 guards would not be nearly as tough for him, as they are generally smaller and have far less post game than many of the starting 2's in the league. gordon would have the Green light to jack with the second Unit, and of course, would be out there closing out games.

If
we got Gordon and Marion, we would be a playoff team, and a tough team to guard.
Calderon 34 Ukic 14
Delfino 16 gordon 32 First rounder plays the 2'3 hopefully
Marion 31 Kapono 12 Delfino 5
Bosh 36 Pops 8 Marion 4
Bargs 34 Pops 10 Rasho 4 Humps is the fifth post and plays due to injury or fouls.

that means we let parker and Graham walk. I would try to trade Kapono and Hump, but the question is are there any takers? Probably not for Kapono, so we keep him and hope he has a better year.

Last edited by barkleynash : 03-30-2009 at 06:35 PM.
barkleynash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #30
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkleynash
If we did this, I would probably bring Gordon off the Bench to the the 6th man again. Not too confident to have Calderon and Gordon in the back-court. I'd rather start a Delfino, who has the size and strength to guard big 2's, than Gordon. second unit 2 guards would not be nearly as tough for him, as they are generally smaller and have far less post game than many of the starting 2's in the league. gordon would have the Green light to jack with the second Unit, and of course, would be out there closing out games.

If we got Gordon and Marion, we would be a playoff team, and a tough team to guard.

Not enough money. Only one or the other.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: