Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I think after last nights game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Not enough money. Only one or the other.
Like I said above, Parker, Graham, Voskuhl, Marion are coming off the books. Marion's gonna take a significant paycut as is AP (if he stays), and Ben Gordon wasn't getting any offers last summer. That's why he almost left the Bulls for Europe. Although I suppose if they throw enough money at him (some Euro team) he's probably as good as gone, unless he really wants to stay in North America. But in the NBA, he's not gonna be getting big offers if he stays.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:35 PM   #32
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

That is so unfortunate about Triano. Why does this organization do this? You don't think a Rick Adelman would make us a better team? There are quality coaches available like Adelman was when we stuck with Mitchell.

Kapono can be an asset, but to us he's a total liability. BC isn't a total idiot for getting him. I think it was a bad signing, but I still think that a better coach and system could totally utilize him.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #33
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
That is so unfortunate about Triano. Why does this organization do this? You don't think a Rick Adelman would make us a better team? There are quality coaches available like Adelman was when we stuck with Mitchell.

Kapono can be an asset, but to us he's a total liability. BC isn't a total idiot for getting him. I think it was a bad signing, but I still think that a better coach and system could totally utilize him.

Doug Smith mentioned how D'Antoni went like 10-40 when he was interim in Phoenix. Then he became one of the most sought after coaches in all of basketball. I say we give Triano a shot with a healthy roster and a fresh season. If it doesn't go well we can make the according changes. He isn't a rookie coach like everyone says. He has at least 10-12 years of coaching experience both internationally and also as an assistant in the NBA. Give him another shot, because you seen lately how this team can compete with a healthy roster. Add in a few more pieces to the bench and a 1st round pick and we should be competitive again in 2009.

As far as Kapono goes.. we just need to utilize his strength as well as we can. We haven't been doing that all season but the past few games have been better. Maybe we can up his value a bit next year.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #34
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

If we get Ben Gordon, you DO NOT start Delfino at the 2 over him. Jesus, you'd think that Delfino was Michael effing Jordan the way some people hype him up as the solution to all our problems. You do remember how terrible he was in spats last year right? On top of that, Delfino is a 3 not a 2 anyway. He doesn't have the handles to be a 2. I'm still not sold that we can get Marion AND Gordon to sign with us cheap, but I guess we can hope.

And if the plan is to hold onto Chris Bosh, which I believe for BC it certainly is, rolling the dice on a rookie head coach once again is a bad move. Sure we can fire him next year if it doesn't work, but then we've just thrown away another year and our best player at the end of that year.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #35
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

We will NEVER see the true potential of this team especially Chris Bosh until we get a All Star Caliber Wing Player and time is ticking and we have one chance to sign a decent wing this summer. If we do we will be a playoff team again, and probably a serious contender in the East.
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #36
antonaki1
Serious playground baller

antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far

Don't forget Garbo's 4m comes off the cap this year also. I like Gordon and Marion but if there was any way Colangelo could pry Wallace off the Bobcats instead, man that would be supersweet. That game he played against us last time out was just incredible and showed everyone why so many of us would like to see him here. Is there anyone out there that would fit our needs better than the game he brings. Size, energy, defence, gets to the line, and the perfect slasher for our first unit. The room he would have out there with the spacing that Bosh and Bargnani naturally provide, he would have a field day. If that happened, i'm sure Bosh would resign on the dotted line for sure. It's going to take someone like him to get us to join the elite teams.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #37
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not even necessarily saying that I expect it to happen, just that it's a possibility. For some reason though, I could see a more likely scenario being that BC overpays Marion and then picks up some D-League scrubs to fill the rest of the roster holes and then convince the media that these scrubs are gonna take us to the top.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #38
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Totally biased opinion but PLEASE no Ben Gordon.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #39
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonaki1
Don't forget Garbo's 4m comes off the cap this year also. I like Gordon and Marion but if there was any way Colangelo could pry Wallace off the Bobcats instead, man that would be supersweet. That game he played against us last time out was just incredible and showed everyone why so many of us would like to see him here. Is there anyone out there that would fit our needs better than the game he brings. Size, energy, defence, gets to the line, and the perfect slasher for our first unit. The room he would have out there with the spacing that Bosh and Bargnani naturally provide, he would have a field day. If that happened, i'm sure Bosh would resign on the dotted line for sure. It's going to take someone like him to get us to join the elite teams.

He is a huge injury risk for the amount of money he makes and for the length of time he makes it. He is great when he is healthy, but I'm not sure if the gamble is worth it.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #40
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain

Why biased?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #41
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Ben Gordon wouldn't be a preferred choice for me, but if it's between him and anyone we have now at the wings, i'd take him in a heartbeat.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 AM   #42
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Ben Gordon wouldn't be a preferred choice for me, but if it's between him and anyone we have now at the wings, i'd take him in a heartbeat.

The question is.. would you take Gordon or Marion?

I think I would just because of the age factor. Gordon still has some potential whereas Marion already reached his and is on the decline.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 AM   #43
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Why biased?

My hate for his game is the bias. Even if he was the perfect fit I wouldn't want him, thats just me. But if the Raptors were to sign him I would definitely put it behind me and try to cheer for him.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #44
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
My hate for his game is the bias. Even if he was the perfect fit I wouldn't want him, thats just me. But if the Raptors were to sign him I would definitely put it behind me and try to cheer for him.

Disregarding his defense, he is a very good scorer from the backcourt and I think he could help this team A LOT. We would have three 20ppg players potentially on the team in Bosh, Bargnani and Gordon. Plus we have a good PG in Calderon to get them the ball. The only question mark would be the SF position but if we bring Delfino back I think he could fill that hole nicely as a starter.

Like I said before, adding Gordon would make us the most dangerous perimeter scoring teams in the league. The games would be almost Phoenix-esque considering we would also be one of the worst defensive teams in the league. It would be a neat experiment though and the games would be very exciting too.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #45
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
. I say we give Triano a shot with a healthy roster and a fresh season. If it doesn't go well we can make the according changes.

Deja Vu.....we say this seemingly every freaking year. "Let's see what happens"...."Give him a shot".....screw it. Get a real coach. If it doesn't work out with Triano and we have to replace him mid season next year, kiss Bosh goodbye for sure, and we would fall into a full, long rebuild.

Basically when you're talking about 2nd tier SGs and below, as in not in the Kobe, Wade category, nor the JJ, VC, Monta category.....you either have good D, or good O. If they were great at both, they would be our of our price range. So I think we need to put the 'worst defensive backcourt' comments to bed. We need a creator and scorer at the 2, so accept that it's probably going to be a poor defender. This team isn't built to be a great defensive team anyway. So I am all for a guy like Ben Gordon at the 2.

Side note, I find it incredible that people wants Delfino to start for us! But I guess this is the same forum that some wants Pops to start at PF for us.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: