Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
....which I posted 15 hours ago.
I didnt see your post.

I just quoted the opening post.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #17
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He probably saw an opportunity as the back-up to Kemba Walker next season.
Probably.

But it's not like they can't both play. Smith is 6'2" and could easily play alongside Walker in the same backcourt. With Price and Austrie moving on, there's 56.7 minutes per game to replace in the backcourt, and a 2-3 star guard named Jamaal Trice is the only other incoming guard in UConn's recruiting class.

Walker will probably play 30-32 minutes, and Dyson will likely continue to split his 30-32 minutes per game between the 2 and 3, like he did before he got hurt. That leaves 30+ minutes at the 1 and 2 with no proven players ahead of him. Smith could play as much as a freshman as Walker has this year.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:10 PM   #18
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Probably.

But it's not like they can't both play. Smith is 6'2" and could easily play alongside Walker in the same backcourt. With Price and Austrie moving on, there's 56.7 minutes per game to replace in the backcourt, and a 2-3 star guard named Jamaal Trice is the only other incoming guard in UConn's recruiting class.

Walker will probably play 30-32 minutes, and Dyson will likely continue to split his 30-32 minutes per game between the 2 and 3, like he did before he got hurt. That leaves 30+ minutes at the 1 and 2 with no proven players ahead of him. Smith could play as much as a freshman as Walker has this year.
I agree.

UConn was looking for someone at the last minute to bring in for the backcourt because I honestly think that they thought they were going to land Durand Scott.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles
 
UConnCeltics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,210
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Walker will probably play 30-32 minutes, and Dyson will likely continue to split his 30-32 minutes per game between the 2 and 3, like he did before he got hurt. That leaves 30+ minutes at the 1 and 2 with no proven players ahead of him. Smith could play as much as a freshman as Walker has this year.
Thats not what UConn will be doing.
UConn has 3 PGs-Kemba Walker, Darius Smith, and Donnell Beverly with Dyson if needed. Dyson will strictly be a 2, with Trice and Haralson backing him up, possibly Smith too. At the 3, UConn has Stanley Robinson, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (a very underrated freshman coming in), and Ater Majok who will split time between the 3 and the 4.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #20
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,622
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Victor Rudd will go to Arizona. Few is most likely to be named Head Coach soon and he was interested in Gonzaga and Arizona.

Soloman Hill is another guy that could back out of his verbal to USC and come to Arizona if Few comes.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #21
Dasher
NBA Superstar
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,831
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Eric Bledsoe's stock has really risen. Keeping him eligible will be a chore though, he went to one of the worst high schools in the country before it was closed.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #22
Lone Laker
Serious playground baller
 
Lone Laker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 386
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
I'll be surprised if Stephenson doesn't go to Kansas.

Kansas was making a strong push for Stephenson, but Xavier Henry is free from his letter of intent to Memphis now. Henry's father was a KU grad...
Lone Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Thats not what UConn will be doing.
UConn has 3 PGs-Kemba Walker, Darius Smith, and Donnell Beverly with Dyson if needed. Dyson will strictly be a 2, with Trice and Haralson backing him up, possibly Smith too. At the 3, UConn has Stanley Robinson, Jamal Coombs-McDaniel (a very underrated freshman coming in), and Ater Majok who will split time between the 3 and the 4.
It isn't like UConn has a super-deep frontcourt next year. I bet Robinson plays a lot more at the 4 than the 3, same as Majok.

Even if Walker and Dyson each play 30-32 minutes and each strictly play the 1 and 2 respetively- and that won't be the case, I guarantee you Dyson plays minutes at the 3 with Robinson mostly playing the 4- there's still nearly 20 minutes a game for Smith.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #24
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Laker
Kansas was making a strong push for Stephenson, but Xavier Henry is free from his letter of intent to Memphis now. Henry's father was a KU grad...
That's probably why Stephenson delayed his announcement, to see what Henry does.

Pretty good situation for Kansas to be in, it'd take a mighty ball-dropping to not end up with either at this point. But the Calipari move is certainly setting off an interesting dominoe effect in both coaching moves and recruiting.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #25
Dasher
NBA Superstar
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,831
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Is Reggie Theus on anyone's coaching radar? I think he would be perfect for the Georgia job. I expect Mike Anderson to bolt for Memphis if given the opportunity. I think they would pay him as much, if not more than Georgia is offering. He is comfortable recruiting the area, and has CUSA ties.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
PK3434
Good Golly!
 
PK3434's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,618
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
It isn't like UConn has a super-deep frontcourt next year. I bet Robinson plays a lot more at the 4 than the 3, same as Majok.

Even if Walker and Dyson each play 30-32 minutes and each strictly play the 1 and 2 respetively- and that won't be the case, I guarantee you Dyson plays minutes at the 3 with Robinson mostly playing the 4- there's still nearly 20 minutes a game for Smith.

Yup..UConn will probably go three guards next year most of the time with Walker, Dyson, and Coombs-McDaniel who apparently can score very well. I heard Smith is a very good defender so he will definitely get time in Calhoun's man to man system as well.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #27
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,468
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

So I guess I should include Xavier Henry and Demarcus Cousins on the list? I really wonder where those two will wind up know, especially Cousins, since Henry will probably just go to Kentucky.

And Memphis had some other decent recruits didn't they? They might go elsewhere, Shawn Taggart will probably transfer. Memphis' time of hoarding talent on a mid-major (a CRAPPY mid-major conference at that) team is over, recruits will no longer be able to go to a school with low academic standards and loosey-goosey coaching, and dominate a bunch of crappy teams. Memphis comes back down to Earth.

I wonder if Cousins might pull a Brandon Jennings and sign in Europe for a year??
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
So I guess I should include Xavier Henry and Demarcus Cousins on the list? I really wonder where those two will wind up know, especially Cousins, since Henry will probably just go to Kentucky.
Its not that easy.

The only way Cousins & Henry can both go to Kentucky is if two of Kentucky's 4 recruits wants out of their LOI.

At this point Kendrick will remain because he is a football recruit,Orton will remain,and Vilarino will remain unless Billy G gets a job elsewhere.

It looks like Cousins could possibly end up at Alabama and it looks like Henry might end up at Kansas.
Quote:
And Memphis had some other decent recruits didn't they? They might go elsewhere, Shawn Taggart will probably transfer. Memphis' time of hoarding talent on a mid-major (a CRAPPY mid-major conference at that) team is over, recruits will no longer be able to go to a school with low academic standards and loosey-goosey coaching, and dominate a bunch of crappy teams. Memphis comes back down to Earth.
Shawn Taggart can't transfer because he is set to graduate he could return next season for Memphis or take his chances at the NBA Draft.

You probably dont realize this but Memphis has always been a good recruiting school even before Calipari,the guy he replaced Johnny Jones brought in Top 25 classes even while as an assistant under Tic Price.

As long as the FedEx financial internship is around there will be recruits interested in Memphis.

Quote:
I wonder if Cousins might pull a Brandon Jennings and sign in Europe for a year??
That option officially went out of the window when he realized that it made no sense for him,just like it didn't help Jennings.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #29
PistolPete
The Pistol
 
PistolPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hall of Fame
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Wall needs to go to Duke
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #30
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
Wall needs to go to Duke
Not sure how he fits at Duke without a consistent perimeter shot.

Wall likes to Heat Check so I'm not sure if Coach K would let him.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy