Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM   #31
PistolPete
The Pistol
 
PistolPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hall of Fame
Posts: 4,261
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Not sure how he fits at Duke without a consistent perimeter shot.

Wall likes to Heat Check so I'm not sure if Coach K would let him.

If Henderson does go, then their perimeter play will come from Scheyer and incoming freshman Ryan Kelly and then we'll be lacking a slasher. Smith and Williams haven't developed that outside shot yet. If Henderson stays then it's a moot point.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #32
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

MSU is gonna be scary in a couple years if all of our sophs stay for their senior seasons (no reason why the won't at the moment). Heck even if some leave early it will be the best team we've had in a long time including this year.

We got Nix coming this year who should be a force inside once he loses some weight. Then in '10 Keith Appling will come to town. It will be MSU's first superstar guard in a long while. He scored 49 points in the state title game as a junior a couple nights ago. lol

If everyone stays we'd still have these seniors: Lucas, Allen, Summers.

These juniors: Roe, Green, Lucious.

Nice.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #33
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
MSU is gonna be scary in a couple years if all of our sophs stay for their senior seasons (no reason why the won't at the moment). Heck even if some leave early it will be the best team we've had in a long time including this year.

We got Nix coming this year who should be a force inside once he loses some weight. Then in '10 Keith Appling will come to town. It will be MSU's first superstar guard in a long while. He scored 49 points in the state title game as a junior a couple nights ago. lol

If everyone stays we'd still have these seniors: Lucas, Allen, Summers.

These juniors: Roe, Green, Lucious.

Nice.
We counter with this lineup in '10-'11 if no one leaves early (and Mike Davis is a candidate if he gains weight):

PG- Demetri McCamey (Sr)
2G- D.J. Richardson (So)
SF- Jereme Richmond (Fr)
PF- Mike Davis (Sr)
C- Mike Tisdale (Sr)

Bench: SG Brandon Paul (So), SF Alex Legion (Sr), SG Crandall Head (Fr), PF Tyler Griffey (So), PG Jeff Jordan (Sr), F/C Stan Simpson (r-So), C Meyers Leonard (Fr), SG Joseph Bertrand (So)

Our second-teamers that year could be an NCAA tournament team.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #34
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Its not that easy.

The only way Cousins & Henry can both go to Kentucky is if two of Kentucky's 4 recruits wants out of their LOI.

At this point Kendrick will remain because he is a football recruit,Orton will remain,and Vilarino will remain unless Billy G gets a job elsewhere.

It looks like Cousins could possibly end up at Alabama and it looks like Henry might end up at Kansas.

Shawn Taggart can't transfer because he is set to graduate he could return next season for Memphis or take his chances at the NBA Draft.

You probably dont realize this but Memphis has always been a good recruiting school even before Calipari,the guy he replaced Johnny Jones brought in Top 25 classes even while as an assistant under Tic Price.

As long as the FedEx financial internship is around there will be recruits interested in Memphis.


That option officially went out of the window when he realized that it made no sense for him,just like it didn't help Jennings.
If he's a football recruit then he isn't on a basketball scholarship.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #35
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year
 
IlliniFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,702
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
We counter with this lineup in '10-'11 if no one leaves early (and Mike Davis is a candidate if he gains weight):

PG- Demetri McCamey (Sr)
2G- D.J. Richardson (So)
SF- Jereme Richmond (Fr)
PF- Mike Davis (Sr)
C- Mike Tisdale (Sr)

Bench: SG Brandon Paul (So), SF Alex Legion (Sr), SG Crandall Head (Fr), PF Tyler Griffey (So), PG Jeff Jordan (Sr), F/C Stan Simpson (r-So), C Meyers Leonard (Fr), SG Joseph Bertrand (So)

Our second-teamers that year could be an NCAA tournament team.
You really think Richmond will start as a freshman over Legion as a senior and Paul as a soph? I have no doubt that he will be a contributor from the get go but I don't know about him starting over those guys.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #36
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,468
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Its not that easy.

The only way Cousins & Henry can both go to Kentucky is if two of Kentucky's 4 recruits wants out of their LOI.

At this point Kendrick will remain because he is a football recruit,Orton will remain,and Vilarino will remain unless Billy G gets a job elsewhere.

It looks like Cousins could possibly end up at Alabama and it looks like Henry might end up at Kansas.

Shawn Taggart can't transfer because he is set to graduate he could return next season for Memphis or take his chances at the NBA Draft.

You probably dont realize this but Memphis has always been a good recruiting school even before Calipari,the guy he replaced Johnny Jones brought in Top 25 classes even while as an assistant under Tic Price.

As long as the FedEx financial internship is around there will be recruits interested in Memphis.


That option officially went out of the window when he realized that it made no sense for him,just like it didn't help Jennings.
Yeah, I was maybe a little harsh on Memphis, for all I know they have decent academic standards, I've just heard things. And they'll probably remain as the best school in CUSA, and will remain a good mid-major program on the Xavier, UNLV level if they get the right new coach.


As for the Henry, Cousins thing, I was never suggesting that they would BOTH be going to Kentucky, I just suspect that Henry will. There is almost no chance of Cousins going there, simply because they already have a 5 star center recruit coming in, Daniel Orton, who will probably stay in college a lot longer than Cousins anyways, plus they have Patrick Patterson coming back to man the 4 spot.

Henry on the other hand may very well follow Cal to UK, especially because the Cats have no definitive starter at the SF spot. The Kansas option is there, but Lance Stephenson may hop on that before XH can even get out of his letter of intention to Memphis.

And then who knows if John Wall considers Kentucky, following the coach he was apparently on the verge of committing too a week or two ago.

Imagine if UK got Henry and Wall. Try to imagine this lineup:

C: Daniel Orton, 6'10 260
PF: Patrick Patterson, 6'9 235
SF: Xavier Henry, 6'6 210
SG: Jodie Meeks, 6'4 208
PG: John Wall 6'4 185

Can you say "destructive?" Sh!t that might actually be too MUCH talent, who the **** takes the shots?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #37
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
You really think Richmond will start as a freshman over Legion as a senior and Paul as a soph? I have no doubt that he will be a contributor from the get go but I don't know about him starting over those guys.
He would've started this year, and he's a high school junior.

It's irrelevant because they'll all play, but he's just too good.

I think there's a decent chance that this is all moot; if Mike Davis puts a whole season together like he did the first 10 games and last 10 games of last season and averages 15/10 like he's capable of, I think he goes pro and Richmond starts at the 4.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #38
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
If he's a football recruit then he isn't on a basketball scholarship.
He still counts towards the basketball team as a scholarship recruit if is he is on the roster.

If he leaves the basketball team to focus on football a scholarship is opened up for a recruit.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #39
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 18,413
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

LOI's aren't 4 year commitments. It's likely that Porter and someone else's scholarship won't be renewed to make way for a couple of Cal's recruits.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #40
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
We counter with this lineup in '10-'11 if no one leaves early (and Mike Davis is a candidate if he gains weight):

PG- Demetri McCamey (Sr)
2G- D.J. Richardson (So)
SF- Jereme Richmond (Fr)
PF- Mike Davis (Sr)
C- Mike Tisdale (Sr)

Bench: SG Brandon Paul (So), SF Alex Legion (Sr), SG Crandall Head (Fr), PF Tyler Griffey (So), PG Jeff Jordan (Sr), F/C Stan Simpson (r-So), C Meyers Leonard (Fr), SG Joseph Bertrand (So)

Our second-teamers that year could be an NCAA tournament team.

I'm stoked for there to hopefully be some nationally dominant teams back in the Big 10. But my team > your team. lol

Lucas (sr)
Allen (sr)
Summers (sr)
Green (jr)
Roe (jr)

Talk about experience. That team would be title or bust.

Then you got Lucious (jr), Appling (soph), Byrd (soph), Nix (soph) and Sherman (soph)

Nix and Sherman are the 8th and 19th ranked centers in the '09 class. Appling and Byrd are the 12th and 21st rankes sg's in the '10 class, but Appling is much better than the 12 ranked sg in the nation for '10.

**** with how Izzo cycles the positions, we'd be more competitive the following year.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #41
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Hey hippos, I know this isn't the thread for it, but sue me, what's up with Izzo's name always popping up when a job like IU or UK opening up? For my money he's the best coach in the country. He's been there what, 65 years all together, I can't fathom why he would ever leave but all these "prestigious programs" always think they can get him.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #42
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

65 years? What? lol

It's because he is THAT good and because those programs think too highly of themselves. There are only 4-5 positions better than where he is right now. And most if not all of them have idiots who expect too much and he'd never waste his time with them.

He's a Michigan man so I don't see him leaving unless it's eventually to the NBA. Every year that passes by gives me more hope he won't.

Kentucky fans don't realize if he was offered the job, he'd honestly think about it and then decline. They'd be pissed that he would choose to stay at a "lowly" school like MSU. lol
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,571
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

65 was obviously a joke, but may as well be that long. He was an ass't under Heathcote for like 12 years.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 04-02-2009 at 03:28 PM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #44
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,444
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, I was maybe a little harsh on Memphis, for all I know they have decent academic standards, I've just heard things. And they'll probably remain as the best school in CUSA, and will remain a good mid-major program on the Xavier, UNLV level if they get the right new coach.

As for the Henry, Cousins thing, I was never suggesting that they would BOTH be going to Kentucky, I just suspect that Henry will. There is almost no chance of Cousins going there, simply because they already have a 5 star center recruit coming in, Daniel Orton, who will probably stay in college a lot longer than Cousins anyways, plus they have Patrick Patterson coming back to man the 4 spot.

Henry on the other hand may very well follow Cal to UK, especially because the Cats have no definitive starter at the SF spot. The Kansas option is there, but Lance Stephenson may hop on that before XH can even get out of his letter of intention to Memphis.

And then who knows if John Wall considers Kentucky, following the coach he was apparently on the verge of committing too a week or two ago.

Imagine if UK got Henry and Wall. Try to imagine this lineup:

C: Daniel Orton, 6'10 260
PF: Patrick Patterson, 6'9 235
SF: Xavier Henry, 6'6 210
SG: Jodie Meeks, 6'4 208
PG: John Wall 6'4 185

Can you say "destructive?" Sh!t that might actually be too MUCH talent, who the **** takes the shots?
I think for Henry it wouldn't make sense unless his brother,who sat out last season healing from a hand injury would then transfer to Kentucky.

CJ Henry is paying his own way to school,hes not on scholarship and I doubt he goes to Kentucky to sit out another year to play with his brother.

I think Xavier waits for the new Memphis hire and decides whether or not to remain commited to Memphis or to go to Kansas.

If Xavier goes to Kansas, Lance Stephenson & Renardo Sidney might end up as a package deal which Sidney ironically proposed months before either commited.

Not too sure on Cousins anymore because supposedly NC State is very much in the mix for him even if for 1 season.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #45
TheGame414
Decent college freshman
 
TheGame414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Zookville
Posts: 2,758
Default Re: Where will these remaining prospects end up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He still counts towards the basketball team as a scholarship recruit if is he is on the roster.
Nope. You can't be on scholarship in two sports. And if you play football and another sport, you have to be on football scholarship. So he doesn't count toward a basketball scholarship one bit.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy