Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #16
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb They say Devil's water...ain't so sweet...don't have to drink right now............

Michael Redd on the Cavs would have been perfect...but that jackash...omfg...

omfg that guy wanted to stay in Milwaukee. Omfg that Fkn !@#$!

He doesn't look like a thing like Jesus!
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:50 AM   #17
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruzzes
I agree...Hughes has got to be given some time to develop a rhythm with the team. He is a very good player with the ability to slash to the basket. (but look out for Shannon Brown)

What I am most dissappointed is his poor shot selection and career shooting percentage. He also frequently fails to finish when going to the basket. Wasted oppurtunities can kill a team. His trading value can only go down with the development of Brown. Of course, Brown is not yet ready for a starting role with the team. Perhaps in mid-season we might get someone for him. (Hughes)

I still wish we could get a young backup Center like Ellson.

Yea i think hughes has a very bad shot selection...his stats are kind of deceiving because he takes too many shots...i think the cavs felt like they needed to make a big sign to please lebron so they signed hughes even though he isnt a player that complements bron as much as a pure shooter in ray allen and michael redd would...i really thought redd would sign with them and i think he would be great with lebron....but i really think hughes is overrated...hes a solid combo guard but he has been injure prone his whole career and hes not a staedy scorer...shannon brown will eventually take his spot...i think its a steal for the cavs to have gotten him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #18
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

Larry Hughes Stats with Last 3 years.

03-04 WAS .397- FG % 5.3 REBS 2.4 ASSTS 1.56 STLS 18.8 PPG
04-05 WAS .430- FG% 6.3 REBS 4.7 ASSTS 2.89 STLS 22.0 PPG
05-06 CLE .409 FG% .368 4.5 REBS 3.6 ASSTS 1.47 STLS 15.5 PPG

As you can see his 04-05 stats are what the Cavs signed him on.

Michael Redd was the Cavs main aim that off season his stats during 04-05

04-05 MIL .441 FG% .355 3PT % 4.2 REBS 2.3 ASSTS .84 STLS 23.0 PPG

Redds PPG was only 1 point higher, yes he's more of a shooter, but Hughes averaged 2 more Steals a game, over 2 more assists, and over 2 rebounds more. Hughes looks 2 be more of a overall player, yes Redd can shoot the lights out, and LeBron needed someone like that. But don't say Hughes is a pushover, he was on the incline when he came to Cleveland. Would you give up on Amare Stoudamire now that he missed all of last year because of a bigger injury, knee, I don't think so.

We may have overpaid Hughes, but it's 2 early to tell. This year will be the defining year for the Cavs. I believe is Hughes was healthy all year the Cavs would have been pushing 7 games with the Heat in the ECFinals.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #19
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

^^You speak the truth my friend.

I hate all these haters on Larry Hughes. Give him time. He'll be better this season and I believe that.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #20
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

It's gonna be Shannon Brown. I saw him in summer league on nba broadband, and he's awesome. He can get to the hoop, he can shoot, and he is a pretty good passer as far as I know. He would be perfect at the 1. He was from the same class as LeBron, and I saw him in McDonald's All America and he didn't do too bad there, either. Tom Izzo has surely gotten him ready for the NBA game and I think he should start from day 1. All you need now is Michael Redd, and someone down low, like Brad Miller. Zydy just doesn't cut it IMO.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #21
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
^^You speak the truth my friend.

I hate all these haters on Larry Hughes. Give him time. He'll be better this season and I believe that.

I agree with you strongly

and i believe he will come out stronger next year to proove the haters wrong and to work for his pay
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #22
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

I don't think LeBron needs a side-kick. He is like Superman.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 AM   #23
Smurf
I brick open layups

Smurf has an OK reputation so far

Shaqs superman Lerbons the king
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

AIR SETH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Shaqs superman Lerbons the king

Really?
I was talking about LeBron in a Super-Hero sense. As in he doesn't need a side-kick just like Superman didn't have a side-kick.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #25
zunami
Can barely lace up my sneakers

zunami has an OK reputation so far

i think lebron can get a ring with larry hughes but there would have to be another offensive sidekick. they play too much alike, they're not complimenting each other. The cavs need someone who can feed off of lebron's and hughes' drives. Z's not getting it done, he has talent but i really dont like his game and i dont know why anyone would. Gooden's inconsistent and not physical enough. They need to get somebody like wilcox who can play an uptempo game and finish off of passes from hughes and james.
zunami is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: