Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM   #1
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Lightbulb Trade Scenarios

I got bored so I figured i'd put together some unlikely but interesting trades that could possibly help the Wolves... And yes, they all work under the salary cap. You may think some of them are lopsided deals or whatever, but they're just ideas. I'm not saying any of them could ever possibly happen or that I even necessarily want all of them to happen, it's just something to talk about on these boards is all.

Ricky Davis, Mark Blount, Marko Jaric
for
Jamaal Magloire & Darius Miles
*Davis only has 1 yr left on his contract and Jaric has 4. The only way I see Portland considering this deal is because Miles is such a headache. But KG is the guy that Miles looked up to when he was growing up so he would definitely be a good influence on him and then MAYBE Miles would start to tap into his potential.

Ricky Davis, Randy Foye, Mark Blount, and even a pick if needed

for
Allen Iverson
*Would definitely have to part ways with our 2 best players not named KG in order to bring AI here. And remember, I said "unlikely but interesting trades."

Ricky Davis and a future draft pick
for
Gerald Wallace
*Both players are in the last years of their contracts. Wouldn't make much sense from Charlotte's standpoint to make this trade, but i'd do it.

for
Corey Maggette
*This would be a risky deal just because of Maggette's health issues. But he would give the Wolves the slasher they need who can create his own shot and get to the foul line.

Ricky Davis, Rashad McCants, Mark Blount
for
Vince Carter & Eddie House
*For the Nets to consider this one, we'd probably have to throw Foye in the deal instead of McCants but I dont think i'd even do that so I threw in McCants instead.

There you have it... 5 trade scenarios that will never happen. Which of these trades do you all like the best? worst?

Edit: Testing an edit to make it easier to read. -Mod

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 10-07-2006 at 01:55 AM.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
I got bored so I figured i'd put together some unlikely but interesting trades that could possibly help the Wolves... And yes, they all work under the salary cap. You may think some of them are lopsided deals or whatever, but they're just ideas. I'm not saying any of them could ever possibly happen or that I even necessarily want all of them to happen, it's just something to talk about on these boards is all.

for
*Davis only has 1 yr left on his contract and Jaric has 4. The only way I see Portland considering this deal is because Miles is such a headache. But KG is the guy that Miles looked up to when he was growing up so he would definitely be a good influence on him and then MAYBE Miles would start to tap into his potential.

for
Allen Iverson
*Would definitely have to part ways with our 2 best players not named KG in order to bring AI here. And remember, I said "unlikely but interesting trades."

for
Gerald Wallace
*Both players are in the last years of their contracts. Wouldn't make much sense from Charlotte's standpoint to make this trade, but i'd do it.

for
Corey Maggette
*This would be a risky deal just because of Maggette's health issues. But he would give the Wolves the slasher they need who can create his own shot and get to the foul line.

for
*For the Nets to consider this one, we'd probably have to throw Foye in the deal instead of McCants but I dont think i'd even do that so I threw in McCants instead.

There you have it... 5 trade scenarios that will never happen. Which of these trades do you all like the best? worst?

for

I don't think this is worth it. I don't want to take any chances on Miles, and Magloire isn't quite worth that many contracts. I guess I just want to give KG a chance this year and without a guy like Ricky...I don't think we are going anywhere.
for
Allen Iverson

That's way too many contracts too. We would only have 2 big men then if we got rid of Blount. I guess if Vin Baker is good then it makes sense...Blount has one of the best jumpshots for a Center...that's the only good thing about keeping him. Allen Iverson is great, but Foye could be a superstar with his speed and superior ball-handling ability too. I don't want to let him go for an older guy who has a huge contract. Ricky D and Foye would be a big loss. Throw Jaric and Hudson in the place of Blount and Foye and I'll think about it, but we would lose any depth we had.
for
Gerald Wallace

Good deal..
for
Corey Maggette

I think it's a pretty good deal, 2nd round pick though and I hope this guy stops being so dumb though if we pick him up. Great talent, bad decision-making.
for

Not bad, VC is a little too cocky though. His whole attitude could ruin our team. I don't know if he would get along with everybody...I know Rashad would get along with him...those guys seem to love each other.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

I doubt they'de give up Carter and House
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

do you have sumthing aganst ricky davis or something...i mean...every trade has him in it....and the trade bout iverson would totally rock our offence but out defence would get screwed
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:50 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

well ricky needs to be able to defend in the post. foye is going to be the starting SG by the end of the season and I'm not sure if Davis is a viable small forward on the defensive end. he even weighs less than foye...
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

do you have sumthing aganst ricky davis or something...i mean...every trade has him in it....and the trade bout iverson would totally rock our offence but out defence would get screwed

I like Davis but he's not really what I expected when we got him. All you heard about was his high-flyin' dunks and everything so I expected him to actually be able to get to the rim a little more and draw a few more fouls. He has a decent outside shot and he's a good passer, but he's a liability on the defensive end and he's not great at creating his own shot off the dribble because he's really not that quick at all. And the only reason I have him in all those trades is because he's really our only veteran on the roster that holds any trade value besides KG and Mike James. And I wanna see what James can do for us before I start throwing his name around in trades...
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
04mzwach

Let's keep 'em because Hassell can gaurd SF's cuz he's that good at defense. Plus on the NBA site for the t-wolves I heard Hassell had his 3-point shot looking pretty good...that even helps us more having a guy like that who can defend and shoot the three. Hassell is pretty efficient for a role player. I hope the guy starts shooting so we can benefit. Nobody thinks the guy is that great because he can't shoot. But if he can shoot and defend...that's something a little more special. I hope all of this stuff on the website isn't a lie. But if hard work pays off and I think it does, we will have a really good season. Most of the starters like Hassell, Davis, KG have been working on their game since August.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
final.wrath
Banned

yeah but Hassel isnt a starting SF IMO. The Wolves are in trouble if they keep Davis at SG and dont give Foye the role by the end of the season.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #9
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yeah but Hassel isnt a starting SF IMO. The Wolves are in trouble if they keep Davis at SG and dont give Foye the role by the end of the season.
I thought we were a defensive team? Davis or Foye can come off of the bench.

EDIT: although Ricky and Foye would look good together running, Nov 1st... not far away!

EDIT 2: OH, I FORGOT...IT SAID WHAT THEIR STARTING LINE-UP WAS ON THE WEBSITE AND IT SAID HASSELL WAS A STARTER...SAID HE WAS GOING TO MIX BETWEEN SF AN SG THIS YEAR LIKE LAST YEAR

Last edited by 04mzwach : 10-06-2006 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
final.wrath
Banned

i dont think KG will stick around if he doesnt think foye will make them a championship contender in the next 2 or 3 years. and i also dont think davis would like being a bench player. he would probably ask for a trade.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 AM   #11
04mzwach

Yeah, I wouldn't miss Ricky if McCants makes a full recovery and Foye is a superstar. I kind of thought we should of drafted Rudy Gay even though I like Foye.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #12
kingbowser55
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I agree, none of those trades will ever happen.
kingbowser55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #13
PatCummingsFan
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbowser55
I agree, none of those trades will ever happen.

Probably, but "The Answer" coming to the Wolves would be SICK

Just think about it, 'The Big Ticket" and "The Answer" on the floor for the Wolves would really get everyone Jacked up in the Twin Cities
PatCummingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #14
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

I see you don't like my Ricky D very much.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM   #15
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Yeah, I wouldn't miss Ricky if McCants makes a full recovery and Foye is a superstar. I kind of thought we should of drafted Rudy Gay even though I like Foye.

I'm 90% sure you'll be happy you drafted Foye. I can't understand why he didnt go top 5.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: