Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Exclamation Lakers at Bobcats 3/31/09

I'm going to the game. Hopefully it will be as exciting as the last match up, minus the injuries.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: Lakers at Bobcats 3/31/09

have fun, should be a good game
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

ok, you have until tomorrow to dress up your game thread and represent for bobcat fans! lol

have fun at the game!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
momo
Value Ape.

Hey, cool! Have fun. Tons of stuff at live games just does not come over on TV. So much mo betta live.

Can you gimmie an idea if all the cats that go to away (for the lakers) games in KB jerseys are also pulling for the home team? Or are they pulling for the lakers? I wonder about this a LOT.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Lakers need this one badly if they want homecourt throughout that bad...Bobcats are a tough match-up.

Morrison to get some minutes and go off and shoot the lights out on his Charlotte return?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Lakers need this one badly if they want homecourt throughout that bad...Bobcats are a tough match-up.

Morrison to get some minutes and go off and shoot the lights out on his Charlotte return?

I hope he has the killer instinct to do that. Maybe Shannon Brown will come through for us in these important times .

I wanna see Vladimir come out firing...that'll be interesting to see how he performs as well.

I bet Larry will play him 35 minutes.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
Kobe8
Banned

have fun rufus
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #8
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

my two favorite teams going at it! have fun rufus, this game should be real good
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo
Hey, cool! Have fun. Tons of stuff at live games just does not come over on TV. So much mo betta live.

Can you gimmie an idea if all the cats that go to away (for the lakers) games in KB jerseys are also pulling for the home team? Or are they pulling for the lakers? I wonder about this a LOT.

They're pulling for the Lakers and Kobe in particular. It can be kind of annoying, but they're not near as obnoxious as Celtics fans.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:36 PM   #10
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
ok, you have until tomorrow to dress up your game thread and represent for bobcat fans! lol

have fun at the game!

I guess Mike its going to be up to you, to dress up the gamethread... you have six hours to go
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
LAKERS - BOBCATS PREVIEW

The Los Angeles Lakers already have clinched the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, but they didn't look like an elite team in their last game.

That has been a familiar sight for the Charlotte Bobcats, who have routinely kept Los Angeles from playing its best.

The Lakers look to bounce back from their worst offensive performance of the season and avoid their sixth loss in seven games against the Bobcats when the clubs meet Tuesday night in Charlotte.

Los Angeles (58-15) has been the West's most dominant team all season, riding MVP candidate Kobe Bryant and fellow All-Star Pau Gasol to the top of the conference and the second-best record in the NBA.

The Lakers, though, haven't had any answers for the Bobcats (33-40) in recent years. Though Charlotte hasn't finished a season with a winning record since joining the league as an expansion team in 2004, it's won five of the last six meetings with Los Angeles, a perennial contender.

With a 5-4 all-time record against the Lakers, the Bobcats are one of only two teams - alongside Boston - with a winning record against them since they moved to Los Angeles in 1960.

In the first matchup this season, Charlotte won 117-110 in double overtime Jan. 27 in Los Angeles. It was the third time in five meetings the teams have needed overtime, and the Bobcats have won all three.

After that most recent loss, Lakers coach Phil Jackson couldn't explain why Charlotte has had his team's number.

"You know, it's the way the roll of the dice goes, and this was one of those games," he said.

Charlotte forward Boris Diaw had 23 points, nine rebounds and nine assists in that January win, and point guard Raymond Felton added 21 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists.

Bryant had 38 points before fouling out late in the first overtime. He's averaging 35.3 points in eight career games against the Bobcats but has only won three.

Bryant was nursing a stomach ailment and struggled through the Lakers' last game, an 86-76 loss at Atlanta on Sunday. Los Angeles was held to a season-low point total and 35.0 percent shooting for its second-lowest mark of 2008-09.

Gasol had 21 points and 11 rebounds while going 7-for-10 from the field, but the other starters combined to shoot 29.1 percent (16-for-55) as the Lakers fell to 4-1 on their season-high seven-game road trip.

Bryant scored 17 points and went 7-for-19 from the field after getting limited to 14 points and 5-for-19 shooting in a win at New Jersey on Friday night. Bryant, averaging 27.2 points, isn't expected to miss any time with the stomach problem, but it's unclear if it will affect his game Tuesday.

"My stomach's OK now," Bryant said after Sunday's game. "When my medicine wears off, it's going to be interesting."

The Bobcats, two games behind eighth-place Chicago in their chase for the first postseason berth in team history, can reach a franchise-record win total with a victory over the Lakers. They've matched their previous best of 33, set in 2006-07, by winning five of their last seven.

Gerald Wallace had 23 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in a 96-85 victory over New York on Saturday.

Wallace is averaging 20.2 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists while shooting 59.7 percent from the field over his last 12 games. He credits first-year Bobcats coach Larry Brown for his recent success.

"I'm learning every day and I'm getting a whole lot better," Wallace said. "I see a lot of the things (Brown) was complaining and fussing about and going off on me about at the beginning of training camp. I'm starting to see the effects they've had on me as a player. Every day I learn something new from him."

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/09033...y_bobcats.html
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:00 PM   #12
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I guess Mike its going to be up to you, to dress up the gamethread... you have six hours to go

I didn't mean for this to be the official game thread. SoCal should change the title to something like "rufus' ramblings" and then make a proper game thread.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
JJ81
Good college starter

What the bet Vlad will go on a tear?
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #14
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

All I have to say is we better not just win this f*cking game but blow them the f*ck out.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ81
What the bet Vlad will go on a tear?

My fear is that Ammo finally finds his inner cajones and drops 30 on us.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: