Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 03-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
reggiekaty
Can barely lace up my sneakers

reggiekaty has an OK reputation so far
Default shooting arm sleeves

Do you guys wear these?

http://www.uniquesportsaccessories.c...productId=1279
reggiekaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: shooting arm sleeves

no
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
allstarsteven
I airball my layups

allstarsteven has an OK reputation so far

i dont,i want some though, but i cant find any at any stores. Big 5 or sports authority nothing
allstarsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
allstarsteven
I airball my layups

allstarsteven has an OK reputation so far

i dont,i want some though, but i cant find any at any stores. Big 5 or sports authority nothing
allstarsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

you can get them on eastbay.com, nba.com, nike.com, underarmour.com they all have them.

the mcdavid ones have a padding in them for your elbow.

all i have to say is if your going to wear them, you better fill them out. the last thing i want to see is a scrawny kid runnin around with his shooting sleeve falling off LOL
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i actually just bought a shooting sleeve today at Target for 6 bucks, and it works pretty good. keeps my arm warm while i shoot
NBA4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
keeps my arm warm while i shoot

How does that help, please explain.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
NBA4EVER

NBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNBA4EVER is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
How does that help, please explain.

a shooting sleeve isn't supposed to make you shoot better, it's made to keep your arm warm and READY to shoot
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

personally i think shooting sleeves sole purposes are too look cool.

Reggie Miller never compained about his arm being cold while he was slingin in 3's.

a true shooter is ready to shoot when he walks in the gym.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
Riker
Prime Weak Era GOAT

Riker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Noooo you don't say?!
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #11
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

no
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #12
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

The best should always be looking for a slight advantage, a warm arm shoots better. So if the feel of it doesn't bother you, wear a sleeve!
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #13
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

Reggie Miller never compained about his arm being cold while he was slingin in 3's.

a true shooter is ready to shoot when he walks in the gym.
+1.

Shooting sleeves offer no real value. They originated when the league was trying to find a new way to cover up their new poster boy's (AI) 'unmarketable' tattoos and became a fashion trend.

You're playing basketball in climate controlled gym.

Any player that whines that his arm is to cold can't suit up with or for me.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
NBA4EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
+1.

Shooting sleeves offer no real value. They originated when the league was trying to find a new way to cover up their new poster boy's (AI) 'unmarketable' tattoos and became a fashion trend.

You're playing basketball in climate controlled gym.

Any player that whines that his arm is to cold can't suit up with or for me.

A.I wears a shooting sleeve because he has elbow tendinitis
Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #15
1manfastbreak
just win

a shooting sleve is not going to stop tendinitis in your elbow. he would need to put a lot more pressure on it.

i would say at least 2-3 players per team in the NBA wear shooting sleves give or take.

im surprised they haven't banned it like they did to tights a couple of years back..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: