Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
el gringos
Great college starter

Default mock draft

1- nets- blake griffen sf- the perfect situation for griffen to shine, playing sf w yi and anderson as outside playing pf's
2-lac- ricky rubio pg- good for the nba and the clippers, not really good for rubio
3-wizards- a fariq aminu pf/sf-wiz take a shot at potential in the long term replacement for jamison

4-kings-brandon jennings pg-jennings brings the speed to completely transform the kings into a fast entertaining team
5-memphis-h thabeet c-end up choosing size and defence and think gasol and thabeet can become the next twin towers
6-okc- d moteinjunas pf/c-6 is too late for this guy as he is the top pf and really the prototype for the position
7-minn-j harden sg- harden plays 2 a little like a 1 wich fits perfectly w the rapidly improving foye
8-GS- j holiday pg- franchise pg who is very underrated- a complete all around player
9-tor- t evans pg/sg- the best gaurd left on the board will give the raps what they need from the 2 gaurd spot
10- NY- w warren pg- knicks want a young pg to develop as they think they will have kidd or nash soon
11-indi- g monroe pf- best talent on the board will be slow to develop but has all the skills to take over for murphy when his trade value gets high
12-milw- d derozen sg- replacement for redd to add to the young core
13-charl- j hill pf- terrible team takes a terrible player
14-phoenix- c brackins pf- you can never have too much size and now they only need to work on 2/3 for the future

15-chi- handsbrough pf- even on a team with too many pf's this would be a good pick
16-det- j teague pg-top talent on the board fills iversons roster spot and some of the minutes- teague and stuckey would be an unconventional but very difficult backcourt to defend
17-philly-k singler sf- adds an inside out game to the slashers already on the wing
18-min-james johnson sf- adds all around game out of real nba sized 3- from wyoming can't hate minnisota too bad
19-atl- e maynor pg- deep pg draft comes in handy for atl as they select a possible future starter or atleast upgrade from law 3
20-dal-t smith sg/sf- time to get younger and more athletic on the wing- good finisher, defender and even playmaker
21-no- s curry pg- a lot like pargo used to, curry will be a perfect 6th man and give the hornets the shooting they need
22-por- e clark sg/sf- fills whoever gets tradeds role- a very versitile defender who will fit well in a situation where they aren't asking him to be a star
23-utah- a daye pf/sf- outside shooting big who complements the young bigs very well
24-sac- s young sg- a power wing and finisher to complement the frail martin garcia and green
25-chi-buddinger sg- a good complement to rose who has size and althletic ability
26-okc-ty lawson pg- watson is trade bait once another gaurd is on board behind the franchise pg westbrook
27-min-bj mullins c- mullins slides but becomes minni's good fortune- time to grow behind al and love- harden, jjohnson and mullins is the best day in minni franchise for a while
28-mem- d blair pf- need a pf with more size than hakim or aurthur- blair has more size
29-lal-d summers sf- versitile player adds even more depth and size to the wing
30-cle- d green sg- green can shoot and defend making him perfect to play alongside lebron

Last edited by el gringos : 04-19-2009 at 02:47 AM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: mock draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
1- nets- blake griffen sf
2-lac- ricky rubio pg
3-wizards- a fariq aminu pf/sf

4-kings-brandon jennings pg
5-memphis-h thabeet c
6-okc- d moteinjunas pf/c
7-minn-j harden sg
8-GS- j holiday pg
9-tor- t evans pg/sg
10- NY- w warren pg
11-indi- g monroe pf
12-milw- d derozen sg
13-charl- j hill pf
14-phoenix- c brackins pf
1. If you're going to make a mock at least spell their names right.

2. Where'd you get this order from? The Nets with the #1 pick? Did you do it randomly?

3. Who is that guy at #6?

4. Greg Monroe won't fall that low.

5. Don't do any more mocks please.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Psych0
I brick open layups

Montejunas is one of the most talented Europian big mans. He was dominating at Euro u-18 last summer.
Psych0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
1. If you're going to make a mock at least spell their names right.

2. Where'd you get this order from? The Nets with the #1 pick? Did you do it randomly?

4. Greg Monroe won't fall that low.

5. Don't do any more mocks please.

Thanks for the support- I appreciate the feedback

ye, I just got the order of a draft site and made up the lottery winners

I thought about monroe at 3 wizards and memphis and okc- couldn't see the knicks, raptors, warriors or kings going for monroe

Moteijunas will show if he is ready for this draft and if he is the top 5 talent I think next week w the hoops summit game in portland

Sorry for not putting "the number 1 point gaurd" in the mock and for the spelling errors- so posterize even though it sucked for me that you hated the mock it sucks worse that your hate was the only response I got
Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

ricky rubio as the 2nd pick?

and why would sac take sam young, when they already have kevin martin?

no gerald henderson?

i dont know a lot of these picks don't make sense for the teams.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

You are right maybe he isn't the pick at 6? I should have either put him 3 to the wizards or 5 to memphis- for sure if he did last to 6 okc would take him
Old 04-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

No thanks, Oklahoma City has too many foreign big man picks in the past I think were done with them for a while.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
el gringos
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
ricky rubio as the 2nd pick?

and why would sac take sam young, when they already have kevin martin?

no gerald henderson?

i dont know a lot of these picks don't make sense for the teams.
I don't think rubio at 2 is far off, and gerald henderson I just couldn't find a spot for him- I think there are a half dozen or so better players at the sg

For kings second pick I know they already have martin, but they have 2 other skinny wings in garcia and greene- I thought they needed a power wing and one who might step right in as the finisher w jennings on board w this mock- sam young imo just gives a good complement to martin, nocioni, garcia, and greene + not a whole lot of real options at the pf or c

Then for okc taking moteinjunas it sounds like he won't be in the draft anyway, but I don't think being a foreginer would prevent the team to taking him if the chance were there- I really think moteinjunas would be a top 2-4 pick if he entered this draft- after griffen I think he would be clearly the best fit for okc
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: