Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

Default Who should we pick up this offseason?

I think we should try to get lamar odom or al harrington... i know this jepordizes a bigger player later on but maybe we will sign them short-term...

lineup would be-
( with other signings i wish would happen)

c- Lopez Collins
pf- Harrington Williams/Yi/Anderson
sf- Carter Hayes
sg- CDR Simmons
pg- Harris Dooling

extras: julius hodge, edjuardo najera

c- Lopez Collins
pf- Odom Williams/Yi/Anderson
sf- Carter Hayes
sg- CDR Simmons
pg- Harris Dooling

i think that would be a decent lineup that would get into the playoffs, you got the scorers in everyone in starting lineup, and then you got game changers and great role players in hayes, simmons, and dooling, then the defense in the post with collins and williams, prospects in anderson in yi......

and najera would help with comebacks as i noticed everytime he goes in the nets go on scoring runs
and hodge as an extra which i think would be more helpful than ager becuase hodge is a beast in d-league and europe
NJnetsfan1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

Default Re: Who should we pick up this offseason?

whats the deal with boki, how long is his contract? could we pick him up?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
SLY
Brooklyn Lopez

can i get a link of the free agents ??
SLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...eAgents-080915
Old 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
UniformBomber
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Jesus tapdancing Christ. Bokki? What is it with the Nets not realizing when they have garbage on their roster? How long did it take to dump Jason Collins, Nachbar, Planicic?

And I'm sorry, but Harrington is a selfish prick. He can score, and he's got some game, but seriously, how many times is the guy gonna hang on the rim and not learn? He cost the Knicks like two games this year, winnable games, with his circus rim-hanging that led to Techs and points. Those games are now pretty important for the Knickerbockers.

This has a list of each team's upcoming FAs:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

I'd take a look at:
Ben Gordon
Von Wafer
Trevor Ariza
Rodney Carney (has the CDR connection?)
Chris Wilcox
Hedo Turkoglu
Kyle Korver

and if we're gonna make a big push and splurge for someone now rather than 2010, go hard after Carlos Boozer. He would be protected by Lopez, and then in the draft you can focus on any position you want, because the 4 and 5 are set for years (Boozer is only 26).

Our FAs are Swift, Hassel, Ager, and Hayes.
I'd let Swift and Hassel go. Try to retain Hayes, and depending on whether or not VC stays, maybe keep Ager. Either way, the Nets should be looking to get younger, fresher, and more talented on both sides of the ball. Aside from Harris and Lopez, there's no position that can't stand to be upgraded.

Last edited by UniformBomber : 03-31-2009 at 04:06 PM.
UniformBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
NJnetsfan1535
Future NBA Player

i was just watching some videos on pops mensah-bonsu and he is a beast! if we could get him we should he plays his heart out and would be a great backup pf
Old 04-04-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Elton Brandt
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

with 4 years left on his contract...NOPE!
BTW: Boki was not crap...9ppg off the bench is not crap...is it his fought LF thought he was a PF?

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 04-04-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
iDunk
RF.IS.CA.AB.TC.JS.AS

I really want:

*Lamar Odom
Rasheed Wallace
*Carlos Boozer
*Ron Artest
Drew Gooden
Charlie Villanueva
Marvin Williams

* - unlikely
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniformBomber

Our FAs are Swift, Hassel, Ager, and Hayes.
I'd let Swift and Hassel go. Try to retain Hayes, and depending on whether or not VC stays, maybe keep Ager. Either way, the Nets should be looking to get younger, fresher, and more talented on both sides of the ball. Aside from Harris and Lopez, there's no position that can't stand to be upgraded.

NOW THIS IS THE KINDA THREAD I LIVE FOR!!!!!! Anyways i agree with most of wat this poster has said except the section i hightlighted...I believe that the nets have already went younger with pick ups like Lopez, CDR, RYAN anderson, Devin Harris, AGer, YI, Boone, and Williams...WE HAVE 8 players on a 14 player roster that are 24 and younger...Younger is not the answer.

The answer is getting fearless, dominant, aggressive, consistent budding stars...and Vets...thats the answer. I say if we can keep Vince keep em...eventually he will take a backseat to CDR and will be a very good Role Player to a hopefully Budding Star SG in CDR. Move some FA's and players that havent done squat (no need to name names...u all know who they are) and pickup some catz like this:
Lamar Odom, Ariza, Boozer, Ron Artest, Shawn Marion, Al Harrington, Turkoglu, Crawford <---just some suggetions

Along side Harris, Carter, and Lopez...this will make for a playoff contender team...then make a push for that 2010 class to get a mega star (assuming you dont spend the big big bucks on BOOZER)

In 2010 with my outlined plan, you grab a mega star and we are champions for years to come...guarenteed!

OH yea...I also think we should go after Patrick Ewing Jr. in FA (why you ask?) Because:
1. The Knicks never gave him a chance
2. He is the son of and has the DNA of one of the greatest players to ever play this game
3. He will fill a SF void that the nets needs to fill
4. He is actually good just never had a chance to show his skills (the 24 yr old is 6'8 and 240 pounds and plays SF)

for those who need an update:
Ewing played in two Knicks pre-season games prior to making his New York debut in Knicks final pre-season game on October 24, 2008. Ewing entered the game in the 4th quarter to a thunderous ovation by the Madison Square Garden crowd. Ewing helped fuel Knicks' late rally, where the Knicks would come back from a 21-point deficit. Ewing had two dunks, a three-pointer, a steal and a blocked shot. He had seven fourth-quarter points, in what many believed was the turning point in his bid to make the Knicks final roster cut. "It was amazing," said Ewing, about the crowd that night, "It showed that they really appreciated what I was doing on the floor. Having that crowd behind us throughout that comeback was good for us." In total, he played 3 pre-season games for the Knicks, averaging 8.1 minutes, 3.7 points and 1.7 rebound. On 27 October, 2008, Ewing was waived by the Knicks in order to get the roster down to the maximum of 15 players for the start of the 2008-09 season.[7]

Last edited by JerzeyBlaze : 04-09-2009 at 04:11 PM.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: