Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Default Under The Radar Prospects

Robert Dozier F Memphis

Tasmin Mitchell F LSU

Stanley Robinson F UConn

Wes Matthews G Marquette

These players have the potential to be 10 year glue type guys on the NBA level.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

Default Re: Under The Radar Prospects

I'm not as high on Dozier, but I think you are right on with the other three.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dozier just makes me think of Uncle Cliffy for some reason. I could see him coming off of someone's bench and causing defensive havoc with his length.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
PK3434
Good Golly!

Stanley Robinson jumps higher off of two feet than anyone I have ever seen. Sometimes he skys for rebounds or putback dunks and he is literally 3 feet above anyone else. He plays good defense and rebounds and blocks alot of shots. His jumpshot could eventually be pretty good. His problem is that he is a very very poor ball handler.

He is only a junior but I have a feeling he may leave this year because he has 2 kids already.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Ahmad Nivins- Saint Joseph's

A-10 Player of the Year

19.2 ppg|11.8 rpg|1.8 bpg|.8 spg|61.2 fg%|78.7 ft%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8_42WzHC98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2hVnwNJXlw
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
PK3434
Good Golly!

Have any of you seen Aaron Jackson play? I played against him a lot in Highschool in Connecticut. He was a good player but never great. He went to prep school and then got a scholarship to Duquesne. He averaged 19 per game this year and is a tall point guard. He got so so so so much better..he must be a really hard worker. He had a 46 point game in the NIT...anyone know if he has a chance of being drafted?
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
Have any of you seen Aaron Jackson play? I played against him a lot in Highschool in Connecticut. He was a good player but never great. He went to prep school and then got a scholarship to Duquesne. He averaged 19 per game this year and is a tall point guard. He got so so so so much better..he must be a really hard worker. He had a 46 point game in the NIT...anyone know if he has a chance of being drafted?
Yeah he's a really good player. Led them to the A-10 title game and then played well in that. I don't see him getting drafted but he'll get his shot at the league sooner or later.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK3434
Stanley Robinson jumps higher off of two feet than anyone I have ever seen. Sometimes he skys for rebounds or putback dunks and he is literally 3 feet above anyone else. He plays good defense and rebounds and blocks alot of shots. His jumpshot could eventually be pretty good. His problem is that he is a very very poor ball handler.

He is only a junior but I have a feeling he may leave this year because he has 2 kids already.

Just like Jordan Hill.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #9
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

Josh Akognon from Fullerton. dude is probably one of the quickest guards in all of the country and has rediculous stoke.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Jon Brockman, while undersized at 6'7 played well at the Portsmouth Invitational - hard-nosed, blue collar power forward who always brings it - he made the PIT All-First team.

Micah Downs - skinny SG/SF, made the PIT second team - and that was with him struggling with his shooting, which is usually one of his strengths.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Greivis Vasquez - I know he's not exactly under the radar, but I still really like his game. He can be a mini-Manu in a few years of hard work.

Dante Cunningham - Pretty much Udonis Haslem but without the years overseas experience to get him to NBA level.

Chester Frazier - If Anthony Carter has years of experience cause he's a great defender with solid playmaking, so does Chester. It'll take him time though.

Lester Hudson - Good scorer, has an all-around game, could have been this year's Stephen Curry had his team made it ot the tournament. Had a quadruple double in college.

Toney Douglass - Can turn into a great scoring guard off the bench. Has the talent, has the skill, and a big game profile to go with it.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #12
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Greivis Vasquez - I know he's not exactly under the radar, but I still really like his game. He can be a mini-Manu in a few years of hard work.

Dante Cunningham - Pretty much Udonis Haslem but without the years overseas experience to get him to NBA level.

Chester Frazier - If Anthony Carter has years of experience cause he's a great defender with solid playmaking, so does Chester. It'll take him time though.

Lester Hudson - Good scorer, has an all-around game, could have been this year's Stephen Curry had his team made it ot the tournament. Had a quadruple double in college.

Toney Douglass - Can turn into a great scoring guard off the bench. Has the talent, has the skill, and a big game profile to go with it.

I think Vasquez could become a solid NBA player. I am actually surprised he's not in the first round in more mock drafts. I also like Douglas because of things you said but particularly because of his defense. But I am not very optimistic about the others you mentioned. I don't think Cunningham's perimeter game is good enough and he's simply too small to play inside as a pro. I really liked Frazer in college, but he's not really that athletic and he can't shoot at all. Hudson didn't do much good for his draft stock a year ago, and nothing has changed since then, excpet that he's a year older. He's going to be 25 this summer.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I don't think Cunningham's perimeter game is good enough and he's simply too small to play inside as a pro.

It's why I compared him to Udonis Haslem. Both are small, but have similar athleticism to make due as an open jump shooting forward on teams. He's competitive and he's been making great improvements year by year.

Quote:
I really liked Frazer in college, but he's not really that athletic and he can't shoot at all.

I agree with you on that he isn't athletic and his shot, while a lot better this year, isn't a NBA level player. However, conversely, if Anthony Carter can find a solid rotation on teams and he wasn't much of a shooter on the teams. I mentioned that it may take him a few years, and it would, but it also seems like he is committed to coaching so we may never see that.

Quote:
Hudson didn't do much good for his draft stock a year ago, and nothing has changed since then, excpet that he's a year older. He's going to be 25 this summer.

I think it's also the point of "under the radar" status. I think he has a shot cause of his all around game. I'd take a chance at late 2nd round pick.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Jermain Taylor. 3rd in the nation in scoring and very athletic. Had what some scouts believe to be the best showing at the Portsmouth Invitational. Some think he could have played himself into the end of the 1st round.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #15
franchise#3
Local High School Star

Wayne Ellington - UNC somehow I have a good feeling about this guy, I hope the Lakers get him.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: