Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #16
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroWise
Jarret Jack is available.

What about Anthony Parker?
I think Jarret Jack is your best bet. He will be the starting point guard in Portland and I think he will average about 1 3PTM, 14 PTS and 5 AST. He is being talked up this season and could potentially be a good pick up. I would take him to hedge your risk on Damon Stoudamire but I think you should decide for yourself. Here's last year's game log but I would only look closely at the games where he got around 30 minutes and realize he was in the middle of a Steve Blake and Sebastian Telfair backcourt. The only real concern is that Brandon Roy will take over the starting job from him later in the season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...subK_N6i.kvLYF

Anthony Parker will be a good rebounding guard if given the time in Toronto, but he couldn't even hit threes in Euroleague play. With the acquisition of Marcus Banks, Barbosa will likely switch to his natural position of shooting guard behind Raja Bell. I anticipate he will get 25 or so minutes per game. He'll probably get you about one 3PTM and 12 points per game with the sporatic twenty point game here and there.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
EuroWise
GM Star

Thanks a lot. U know a lot about bskball. Is good to know there someone who knows even more than me.

I will take Jack instead of Kevin Martin. I think in Jack like a kind of Payton.

Regarding Portland... what your opinion about Martel Webster? Lots of 3s and good percentatges... and will he get minutes? Anything else. And JR Smith?

The problem with D. Soudamire is that beyond his health I don't consider him as a fantasy value, poor percentatges, sharing time with Atkins, not so much points, and wihtout Pau Gasol not many assist neither. what you think?

With Arenas, TjFord, Damon Stoudemire, and Roy, I have 4 point guard players. Do I need another one?
SG- I have Raja Bell, S. Jackson, Kevin Martin and Roy. 4!
SF- Melo, S. Jackson and Villanueva.
PF- Bosh, Villanueva and Krstic. 3!
Center- O'neal, Camby, Bosh and Krstic. 4!

Do I need more a player who can play more PF or SF? Rudy Gay ? Garbajosa (3s)? Or Tim Thomas?
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:34 AM   #18
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

I hope Martell Webster will get some time a shooting guard this season, but I also take into account the situation they have in Portland. Webster will have to share time with incumbent Juan Dixon and the rookie Roy at shooting guard and Travis Outlaw and Darius Miles at small forward. I think Webster will eventually see thirty minutes a game but I don't know how long it will take for him to get there.

J.R. Smith will probably good for a over a three per game but talk about Carmelo playing time at shooting guard and going with a big lineup brings serious questions about how much playing time J.R. will really get. Kevin Martin>>>J.R. Smith.

As far as my pushing another point guard: I think you are set as far as rebounds and blocks go so I was recommending getting another guy who can shoot threes. I push point guards because a lot of them will get you a similiar amount of points, threes and steals as shooting guards, but as a bonus they also get assists. Although I don't know the makeup of the rest of your league, I would I be fairly confident in saying that you probably have rebounds and blocks wrapped up (unless someone has Kirilenko and Josh Smith on the same team). Since you will already be dominant in rebounds, blocks and most likely points, I thought you could improve your assist totals while bolstering your impressive three point shooting. Arenas will get you 6, Ford 7, Stoudamire (if healthy) 5 but Roy is a big question mark. I like to play (depending on roster size) with four guys giving me at least six assists.

As far as Tim Thomas and Jorge Garbajosa, you are going to get a crappy FG% from them so you might as well get some assists at the same time from a point guard.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:07 AM   #19
EuroWise
GM Star

Good point of view.

Thanks!
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: