Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default True thoughts on T Mac?

I am not so sure why all of the rocket fans are giving up on a man that is being hindered by something that he cannot control..... He is injured (and truly was all year).

do you really think that the rockets are better without a healthy McGrady?

i have to think that the rockets would be competing with the Lakers for the top spot in the west if McGrady was healthy all year long.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could think that this team is better without one of the best all around players in the league (when healthy).

McGrady is a SUPERSTAR player and i think it is nonsensical to think the team is better without a guy that demands double teams a lot of the times.

please enlighten me.......
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: True thoughts on T Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
I am not so sure why all of the rocket fans are giving up on a man that is being hindered by something that he cannot control..... He is injured (and truly was all year).

i have to think that the rockets would be competing with the Lakers for the top spot in the west if McGrady was healthy all year long.

I find it hard to believe that anyone could think that this team is better without one of the best all around players in the league (when healthy).

McGrady is a SUPERSTAR player and i think it is nonsensical to think the team is better without a guy that demands double teams a lot of the times.

If we had a healthy T-mac, I agree with you saying we should be competing with the Lakers right now. If you have someone that athletic, and can create his own shot and drive to the lane as well as T-mac, how can you not want that. I hope he can come back strong next year, I really miss him and feel sorry for him right now.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

that's the thing though... you are waiting for healthy T-mac but it's never going to happen.. even when t-mac was playing in past seasons, he would be playing injured. he is no longer a superstar and im not saying it's his fault.. its not his fault that he was cursed with injuries but you have to face reality and stop looking at the past...

the t-mac - houston relationship did not work out period. t-mac and yao is not a good tandem together... Rockets currently have had their best chemistry on the court, even better than the 22 game win stretch...

People are waiting for a healthy t-mac and saying things like "oh when he comes back, we are really championship contenders then.." no thats a pipe dream.
1)at t-mac's age with the multiple injuries that has already occurred, his body is beat up and its hard to come back from that...

2)you can't expect t-mac to come back and fit in with the team, because the team gelled better without him and an injured t-mac in the rotation just wouldn't make sense

t-mac's career is not done but his superstar status HAS bin done and you can't expect him to return to houston and be the t-mac you have expected for years.. he can still play, even when injured, the stats he put up this season was still pretty good, it just isn't the t-mac we knew...

as far as him returning to houston, it really depends.. either we trade his expiring contract or just wait for the cap relief on our own...

to summarize it all, you cannot expect an aged tmac with multiple injuries to come back healthy and play to the level in which you expect, for years he has either been out with an injury or when he was playing, he was playing injured (no explosiveness and relied on A LOT of jumpshots)... and you cannot expect him to put the rockets over the top because he can't...

Last edited by Jordandunk23 : 04-01-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Tmac is a superstar who gets injured every single year. I don't remember the last time he has had a full healthy season. Agreed that he is a super star, but you can't be a superstar too much longer if your out due to injury every year. I think he shuold just get better and rest and try again next year
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
that's the thing though... you are waiting for healthy T-mac but it's never going to happen.. even when t-mac was playing in past seasons, he would be playing injured. he is no longer a superstar and im not saying it's his fault.. its not his fault that he was cursed with injuries but you have to face reality and stop looking at the past...

the t-mac - houston relationship did not work out period. t-mac and yao is not a good tandem together... Rockets currently have had their best chemistry on the court, even better than the 22 game win stretch...

People are waiting for a healthy t-mac and saying things like "oh when he comes back, we are really championship contenders then.." no thats a pipe dream.
1)at t-mac's age with the multiple injuries that has already occurred, his body is beat up and its hard to come back from that...

2)you can't expect t-mac to come back and fit in with the team, because the team gelled better without him and an injured t-mac in the rotation just wouldn't make sense

t-mac's career is not done but his superstar status HAS bin done and you can't expect him to return to houston and be the t-mac you have expected for years.. he can still play, even when injured, the stats he put up this season was still pretty good, it just isn't the t-mac we knew...

as far as him returning to houston, it really depends.. either we trade his expiring contract or just wait for the cap relief on our own...

to summarize it all, you cannot expect an aged tmac with multiple injuries to come back healthy and play to the level in which you expect, for years he has either been out with an injury or when he was playing, he was playing injured (no explosiveness and relied on A LOT of jumpshots)... and you cannot expect him to put the rockets over the top because he can't...

I have to disagree with the part I highlighted. When we were still under Van Gundy, and we had Yao and T-Mac, he said thats all we needed and I strongly disagreed with that. I always said we needed 3 scorers on the team, Yao, T-Mac, and someone else who can score consistently. Thats 1 reason why I was mad that we traded Rudy Gay, but I'm not going to get into that subject. If you notice something about the playoffs, most of the teams have at least 3 people they can go to, the Rockets didn't have a 3rd reliable person.

Every year we've been to the playoffs, T-mac has played his hardest, no doubt, but the team has to step up too. That year we played Dallas, in game 7, Yao and T-mac were the only 2 in double digits if I'm not mistaken. When we played Utah the 1st year, we got beat but Tracy stilled played hard, but like I said, I thought we needed a 3rd scorer. Then last year, Yao Ming was out when we played Utah and Tracy was banged up, but he still played his hardest in every game we played. I think Yao and T-mac is a good team, but we were just missing 1 extra person. I'm glad we have Artest this year because Adleman realizes that it's going to take more than just Yao and T-mac to win. If we can get a T-mac that can at least put up 15 ppg next season, I say were in good shape.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

good to hear that not everyone has given up on this guy. i think he can put up 15 6 and 6 next year. maybe even more assists than that. depends on what type of role he is cool with accepting.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #7
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I have to disagree with the part I highlighted. When we were still under Van Gundy, and we had Yao and T-Mac, he said thats all we needed and I strongly disagreed with that. I always said we needed 3 scorers on the team, Yao, T-Mac, and someone else who can score consistently. Thats 1 reason why I was mad that we traded Rudy Gay, but I'm not going to get into that subject. If you notice something about the playoffs, most of the teams have at least 3 people they can go to, the Rockets didn't have a 3rd reliable person.

Every year we've been to the playoffs, T-mac has played his hardest, no doubt, but the team has to step up too. That year we played Dallas, in game 7, Yao and T-mac were the only 2 in double digits if I'm not mistaken. When we played Utah the 1st year, we got beat but Tracy stilled played hard, but like I said, I thought we needed a 3rd scorer. Then last year, Yao Ming was out when we played Utah and Tracy was banged up, but he still played his hardest in every game we played. I think Yao and T-mac is a good team, but we were just missing 1 extra person. I'm glad we have Artest this year because Adleman realizes that it's going to take more than just Yao and T-mac to win. If we can get a T-mac that can at least put up 15 ppg next season, I say were in good shape.

by no means am i questioning t-macs "was" talent.. and yeah you made valid points, maybe all houston needed was that third guy but the fact is it still did not happen... i can only talk about the results...

therefore we cannot expect t-mac to come back and expect better results because 1) t-mac is not the same t-mac.. he still has the court vision but his body is done and his jumper is too inconsistent to be relying on jumpshots...

see here's what im trying to show, a 15ppg t-mac is not going to put houston over the top... again he is an inconsistent shooter, he doesn't drive, and he does not hustle on defense... what good is this t-mac if we have other players that can pick up his production? other than distributing the ball, i really don't see how the t-mac/houston relationship can last apart from his expiring contract... that's what im trying to get from people, what are you guys hoping for? if you know the reality that t-mac is a 15ppg scorer, do you believe that guy would put houston over the top? ...no, t-mac is not done the way grant hill is not done but he is not the answer... id rather have scola getting more shots/ wafer getting more shots/ etc.. rather than t-mac taking jump shots. I just don't understand how people are still waiting for a healthy t-mac to come around and save the rockets. our current lineup right now gives us the best chance wherever that may take us...

Last edited by Jordandunk23 : 04-02-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
mattevans11

Quote:
by no means am i questioning t-macs "was" talent.. and yeah you made valid points, maybe all houston needed was that third guy but the fact is it still did not happen... i can only talk about the results...

therefore we cannot expect t-mac to come back and expect better results because 1) t-mac is not the same t-mac.. he still has the court vision but his body is done and his jumper is too inconsistent to be relying on jumpshots...

see here's what im trying to show, a 15ppg t-mac is not going to put houston over the top... again he is an inconsistent shooter, he doesn't drive, and he does not hustle on defense... what good is this t-mac if we have other players that can pick up his production? other than distributing the ball, i really don't see how the t-mac/houston relationship can last apart from his expiring contract... that's what im trying to get from people, what are you guys hoping for? if you know the reality that t-mac is a 15ppg scorer, do you believe that guy would put houston over the top? ...no, t-mac is not done the way grant hill is not done but he is not the answer... id rather have scola getting more shots/ wafer getting more shots/ etc.. rather than t-mac taking jump shots. I just don't understand how people are still waiting for a healthy t-mac to come around and save the rockets. our current lineup right now gives us the best chance wherever that may take us...

i would rather have tmac with the ball in his hands than brooks, and i would also rather have mac taking jumpers over wafer.....

i would like him to run point foward..... with brooks off the ball.....

wafer should be a bench player regardless.

if the rockets can get value for mac i would be all for that too.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #9
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
i would rather have tmac with the ball in his hands than brooks, and i would also rather have mac taking jumpers over wafer.....

i would like him to run point foward..... with brooks off the ball.....

wafer should be a bench player regardless.

if the rockets can get value for mac i would be all for that too.

see t-mac running point forward CAN work with brooks off the ball, as long as he is not one of the primary scorers... seriously, i cannot believe you want tmac taking jumpers.. after years of watching that i thought you would be tired of the his little pull up and brick... t-mac is at his best driving to the hole but since his body won't allow that, he will rely on jumpers and that is a bad thing...

wafer is off the bench, i never said he would be a starter, artest and battier staring works out better..

see it all depends what t-mac's role would be... artest off the bench does not work... i want him starting alongside battier and we cant put t-mac up at point because nobody can defend the opposing point guard... if tmac can come off the bench and run the point forward with brooks sliding to the two MAYBE that could work, but lowry is not going to give up that spot.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #10
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:

I was questioning you for saying T-mac and Yao isn't a good team together. You can't blame T-mac for not getting past the 1st round just because the team didn't step up and play like how they were supposed to. Like I said, he tried his best but you can't blame 1 person for loosing in the playoffs.

And I see where your coming from saying we can't hope for T-mac to come back healthy and all of that other stuff, but if he's rehabbing and getting well I'm sure he will come back healthy, just not as explosive as he was. Even this year when he was playing hurt, he went to the hole and he managed to get his shots to fall, but he can't be as flashy as he used to be anymore. I think he needs to focus and wake up.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I was questioning you for saying T-mac and Yao isn't a good team together. You can't blame T-mac for not getting past the 1st round just because the team didn't step up and play like how they were supposed to. Like I said, he tried his best but you can't blame 1 person for loosing in the playoffs.

And I see where your coming from saying we can't hope for T-mac to come back healthy and all of that other stuff, but if he's rehabbing and getting well I'm sure he will come back healthy, just not as explosive as he was. Even this year when he was playing hurt, he went to the hole and he managed to get his shots to fall, but he can't be as flashy as he used to be anymore. I think he needs to focus and wake up.

no dont get me wrong, i dont blame t-mac for the 1st round losses (i admit i put some blame on him, but ive always defended him in the past)... i still don't believe a tmac/yao tandem worked and since tmac isn't coming back as a primary scorer, the tandem doesn't really exist anymore...
Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #12
mattevans11

Quote:
see t-mac running point forward CAN work with brooks off the ball, as long as he is not one of the primary scorers... seriously, i cannot believe you want tmac taking jumpers.. after years of watching that i thought you would be tired of the his little pull up and brick... t-mac is at his best driving to the hole but since his body won't allow that, he will rely on jumpers and that is a bad thing...

wafer is off the bench, i never said he would be a starter, artest and battier staring works out better..

see it all depends what t-mac's role would be... artest off the bench does not work... i want him starting alongside battier and we cant put t-mac up at point because nobody can defend the opposing point guard... if tmac can come off the bench and run the point forward with brooks sliding to the two MAYBE that could work, but lowry is not going to give up that spot.

man you have lost it as far as tmac goes........

oh well, i will just accept that....rather than argue that lowry would not stop tmac from playing time...oh well
Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 AM   #13
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
man you have lost it as far as tmac goes........

oh well, i will just accept that....rather than argue that lowry would not stop tmac from playing time...oh well

im just tired of people waiting for t-mac to come back and save the rockets... its not going to happen
Old 04-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
mattevans11

Quote:
im just tired of people waiting for t-mac to come back and save the rockets... its not going to happen

so what you are basically saying is that he will never be healthy again...... right?

you are not arguing that they are better off without a healthy TMAC
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #15
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
so what you are basically saying is that he will never be healthy again...... right?

you are not arguing that they are better off without a healthy TMAC

first off, what do you expect from a healthy t-mac.. what do we consider a healthy t-mac because to me, a healthy t-mac would still not be the tmac you may be picturing in your mind... even if he comes back relatively healthy, we really don't know how he is playing because this season was a bad indicator...

On paper, your probably thinking of the tmac that put up 27 a game againts utah in the playoffs.. on paper of course he SHOULD make houston better... it's just a whole bunch of IF's with the Tracy/Houston relationship.. the keyword is IF... IF t-mac is healthy, IF t-mac comes back playing in all star mode, IF he gells with the rest of the roster...

this is my point, people are throwing around the idea or question, are the rockets better off without a healthy t-mac and who really knows... t-mac and yao have been playing together for some years now and they do not have a solid chemistry on the floor (and you could blame injuries on both sides for that but it is what it is)... so people are wondering if we are better off without a healthy t-mac or not, I know we are playing better right now without tracy. the team chemistry right now is better without tracy.. im tired of these IF's and MAYBEs... all i can tell you is what i see and what i know... and currently T-mac health is a question and if he does get healthy, his ability as a player is a question... what i do see is that the team chemistry is at its best. I wouldn't say we are heavy favorites or solid championship contenders but i feel comfortable with relying on this Houston team as it currently stands
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: