Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

I have been sucked in before with this team, but I really like what I am seeing right now.

I think the demise of Jose was grossly overstated. He was hurt and looks really good right now. PG is certainly not where we want to waste our lottery pick.

I thought I knew the answer but I am not 100% sure......can we re-sign Marion and THEN use our MLE? I know there are a lot of intricate rules regarding the cap....with cap holds etc for current free agents on your team. And I would have said No, the MLE is for teams over the cap, not under, but again, I am not sure.

The MLE will get good players in this economic environment. We could re-sign Marion to a 3yr $24 mill type deal (overpay a bit, less years), and still have the MLE to sign a starting SG. If we have any more space, get a backup big like Rasho for cheap, and if healthy, I think we'd be much improved next year.

I still don't like Bargs, but he at least scores and isn't a complete pylon on the court now.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #17
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I have been sucked in before with this team, but I really like what I am seeing right now.

I think the demise of Jose was grossly overstated. He was hurt and looks really good right now. PG is certainly not where we want to waste our lottery pick.

I thought I knew the answer but I am not 100% sure......can we re-sign Marion and THEN use our MLE? I know there are a lot of intricate rules regarding the cap....with cap holds etc for current free agents on your team. And I would have said No, the MLE is for teams over the cap, not under, but again, I am not sure.

The MLE will get good players in this economic environment. We could re-sign Marion to a 3yr $24 mill type deal (overpay a bit, less years), and still have the MLE to sign a starting SG. If we have any more space, get a backup big like Rasho for cheap, and if healthy, I think we'd be much improved next year.

I still don't like Bargs, but he at least scores and isn't a complete pylon on the court now.

If resigning Marion puts Toronto over the cap, then they can use the MLE I believe. I'm going to assume that the Raps resign Pops and maybe Delfino so I think they will be over the cap and able to use the MLE.

As far as Bosh goes, I still think were were fortunate that his jumpshot was on last night. If the Raps lost that game I guarantee that Bosh gets scapegoated.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #18
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
If resigning Marion puts Toronto over the cap, then they can use the MLE I believe. I'm going to assume that the Raps resign Pops and maybe Delfino so I think they will be over the cap and able to use the MLE.

As far as Bosh goes, I still think were were fortunate that his jumpshot was on last night. If the Raps lost that game I guarantee that Bosh gets scapegoated.
Agreed. Completely. If Bosh's jumper doesn't go down over Howard's outstretched arm, I guarantee that we'd be hearing the same stuff we've been hearing all year. Soft, weak, anti-clutch, deadbeat dinosaur.

edit: looks like for once I agree with Doug Smith
Quote:
Action: Bosh’s game-winner

Reaction: Remember when?

Tell me what the difference is between the shot Bosh missed at the end of Game 2 last April and the one he made last night? He’s being lauded for being “clutch” after the make and was killed for being a soft bum when he missed it in April.

Both were the right play at the right time, one he made and one he missed.

And no one who crucified him for not driving last year (a play after he’d been mugged and didn’t the call) really should be allowed to heap praise on him for making the 20-footer at the end of the game last night.

His game last night – 24 and 12, 50 per cent shooting from the field, enough good defence on Howard and Lewis when he had to chase him to the three-point line – was pretty much the kind of thing we’ve come to expect from him.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-02-2009 at 11:57 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Big ups to Bosh and the whole team for coming through once again.

I will say however that there is a difference between being clutch when the games don't matter. This applies to the whole team, so please don't accuse me of Bosh-hating.

And Bargs put up 16 before fouling out so we hardly won "in spite" of him.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
And the Orlando broadcasters said in his last 8 regular season games vs. Orlando he's averaging 30/10.
If he only he'd stepped up like that in the playoffs last year. Oh well.

Point #1: One clutch jumper in a meaningless late regular season game does not a legend make. Especially considering the times he has been unclutch this year.

But it is good to see that Bosh is at least trying. I'm wondering if it's because he wants to stay, or because he wants to increase his value to improve the odds of a trade occuring this offseason.

Dag, I'll miss Bosh if he leaves, but at least Andrea is turning out to be a 20 ppg scorer and is developing more grit and passion for the game, and we still have Calderon and will be able to re-sign Marion. So we won't be totally ****ed, especially if we make the right trade and draft pick this year.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #21
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

From this winning streak I really feel like its not the defense that's improved vasly.. i mean yeah we improved a bit. I am more impressed with Triano's rotations now it is more accurate now. Pops of the bench is excellent we don't have to result with Voshkul or O'neal, etc. As a whole the rotation is excellent. And yes, bosh is amazing - get outta here haters!
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #22
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
The thing is, it's a lot easier to be "clutch" when your team can actually keep you in the game until the 4th quarter. It's an entirely different situation where you have to carry the team throughout the entire game AND the fourth. To me, the difference is that he's finally getting some damn help out there.

I'm pretty sure though that the shot he took was a terrible shot selection for a PF late in a game. He should have definitely drove on Howard that play and if he missed that shot, we would all be bashing the crap out of him. Since he made it however, he's a 'LEGEND' according to the thread name.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully Bosh's confidence can increase after a couple of good fourth quarter games. To be honest, at the beginning of the win streak, I was a little annoyed because we were decreasing our chances of getting a good pick, but now...I'm all for it. **** losing. They should finish the season strong, because they are all healthy now, and should show the league that they will be able to bounce back from this horrible year. It feels good to talk good about this team for a change. Go Raps!
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMason
Big ups to Bosh and the whole team for coming through once again.

I will say however that there is a difference between being clutch when the games don't matter. This applies to the whole team, so please don't accuse me of Bosh-hating.

And Bargs put up 16 before fouling out so we hardly won "in spite" of him.

You missed my point. I said the Raps won in spite of the fact he fouled out... not BECAUSE he fouled out, as the poster I responded to said.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #25
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Please don't go around and say Bosh is a clutch player now, though.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #26
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
Hopefully Bosh's confidence can increase after a couple of good fourth quarter games. To be honest, at the beginning of the win streak, I was a little annoyed because we were decreasing our chances of getting a good pick, but now...I'm all for it. **** losing. They should finish the season strong, because they are all healthy now, and should show the league that they will be able to bounce back from this horrible year. It feels good to talk good about this team for a change. Go Raps!

Seeing as the team will most likely look fairly similar next season, I do agree it is good to see that they can compete. However I would rather see really competitive losses, just to show that they are at least close to becoming better.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #27
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
You missed my point. I said the Raps won in spite of the fact he fouled out... not BECAUSE he fouled out, as the poster I responded to said.

I was actually agreeing with you and addressing the poster that you addressed, so cheers

And I just want to throw this out there as people like me have pointed out that one clutch shot does not a legend make. Anyone else detect sarcasm in the TC's title and post? Just throwing that out there...
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #28
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
His drive to the basket + FT's is what put us up in the first place. But you, admittedly, would quickly forget that if he had missed the shot when he as the PF got the ball with less than 10 on the shot clock.

Holy **** bokes like stop getting so defensive about Bosh all the time. I said since he's a PF and dribble the ball outwards to the three point line for a crucial shot is a terrible shot selection. Yes, if he missed that shot I would have been pissed and so would a lot of other fans. He had a lot of time to drive the ball, he just spent too much time dribbling backwards instead of attacking. Yes I'm glad he made the shot, and yes I'm happy we won the game, but if he missed that kind of shot late in a game many fans would have been infuriated. Not only me.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #29
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's because guys like you are always clowning on the dude with your over the top expectations when he's been great for our franchise and never quit or complained during his time here. Whiny dudes that demand every team leader MUST be Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan just piss me off.

If you look back, I made a thread asking about Bosh's clutch ability in late December. A few posters might remember that, you probably wouldn't. Honestly it's just getting on my nerves.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I gotta agree with bokes on this one.

Regardless of Bosh's position, shooting jump shots is what he does best. I'm not saying it makes him soft or anything like that, so just everyone shut up before you start.

Shooting a jumper like that is one of the main characteristics of his game, it's what he's comfortable doing, and the fact that he is a power forward does not mean that because the game is on the line he should be around the rim.

Yes, I probably would have preferred if he had taken the ball to the rack, but he took a jump shot, something he's good at, and it went in. Good for Bosh, he won us a game.

Last edited by Chamberlain : 04-02-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: