Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #31
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,146
b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

I think Toni is right Boky. Just because somebody says something that is not completely complimentary about Bosh does not mean that they don't appreciate the effort that he puts in.

I don't know what it is that makes you feel that you must defend him constantly. Every non complimentary statement is followed by a “you can't say that about him” argument from you. Relax a little, and be honest in admitting that he sometimes makes bad decisions.

Fans have a right and sometimes an obligation to call out a player on a team. The cost of tickets, jerseys, parking, beer, over night accommodations (for out of towner’s like me), cable /satellite and the effort it takes most fans to support their favorite team provides us with the right to sometimes say knuckle head you blew it. Even of that player is Chris Bosh.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #32
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Like I said I called him out the same way you do. But most Raptors fans have unrealistic expectations, and it annoys me. If that bothers anyone, with all due respect, maybe you should choose another forum.

edit: and you may not realize b4ball but what yourself, DJMason, and Toni have been doing isn't constructive criticism. It's hating. Plain and simple. We know by now what type of game he has. He CAN take it to the rim but it's not the strongest aspect of his game. You can hate on his game, no problem. Just leave it at an "I hate his game" or "I hate his playing style" and be done with it. But you can't hate the player for not playing out of character (being a post up back to the basket guy).

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #33
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,507
Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
I think Toni is right Boky. Just because somebody says something that is not completely complimentary about Bosh does not mean that they don't appreciate the effort that he puts in.

I don't know what it is that makes you feel that you must defend him constantly. Every non complimentary statement is followed by a “you can't say that about him” argument from you. Relax a little, and be honest in admitting that he sometimes makes bad decisions.

Fans have a right and sometimes an obligation to call out a player on a team. The cost of tickets, jerseys, parking, beer, over night accommodations (for out of towner’s like me), cable /satellite and the effort it takes most fans to support their favorite team provides us with the right to sometimes say knuckle head you blew it. Even of that player is Chris Bosh.

Yeah I really wasn't chirping him or calling him soft or anything. I just said that if he missed that shot everybody would have been pissed off because of the shot selection. Don't take offense to my comments all the time bokes you labelled me a Bosh hater and everything I post is apparently criticism to his character and game. He played a really good game and has been very good late in games lately and we have been winning. It's good to see, and I also think it shows how we need him to step up late in games. He's been doing that lately and we've been winning the close ones, whereas he wasn't before and we were losing consistently. I hope he can keep it up.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #34
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,146
b4ball has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Like I said I called him out the same way you do. But most Raptors fans have unrealistic expectations, and it annoys me. If that bothers anyone, with all due respect, maybe you should choose another forum.

edit: and you may not realize b4ball but what yourself, DJMason, and Toni have been doing isn't constructive criticism. It's hating. Plain and simple. We know by now what type of game he has. He CAN take it to the rim but it's not the strongest aspect of his game. You can hate on his game, no problem. Just leave it at an "I hate his game" or "I hate his playing style" and be done with it. But you can't hate the player for not playing out of character (being a post up back to the basket guy).


Maybe it's time you re-read many of my posts, I have defended Chris numerous times against posts that I feel are untrue, inaccurate or inflammatory. Bosh has been a professional since his arrival here, has done more for this franchise then I think we expected. And he's not my favorite Raptor. I think Bargnani is the MUCH better player. That does not mean I hate Bosh.

I responded to your statement because you’re the idiot who thinks he has the right to categorize fans based on your love for Bosh. You’re the one polarizing this forum. You’re the one always speaking of hate. What I said was "Boky relax a little", people are entitled to their opinion, even if you don't agree. And for that you call me a hatter!!!

Objectivity is required by everybody here. Maybe you should exercise some.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #35
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Maybe it's time you re-read many of my posts, I have defended Chris numerous times against posts that I feel are untrue, inaccurate or inflammatory. Bosh has been a professional since his arrival here, has done more for this franchise then I think we expected. And he's not my favorite Raptor. I think Bargnani is the MUCH better player. That does not mean I hate Bosh.

I responded to your statement because you’re the idiot who thinks he has the right to categorize fans based on your love for Bosh. You’re the one polarizing this forum. You’re the one always speaking of hate. What I said was "Boky relax a little", people are entitled to their opinion, even if you don't agree. And for that you call me a hatter!!!

Objectivity is required by everybody here. Maybe you should exercise some.
Calling me an idiot. Real mature as always. Anyways, i'm not gonna argue with you on the matter. Toni said something, I gave my opinion about it, I got attacked and defended myself. And you probably haven't been around often enough to see his anti-Bosh posts but there was a rant he went on maybe a month ago about how Bosh is a soft, weak, quitter, and demanding that the team "**** the lanky bastard and trade his ass..." which is an added reason why I responded to him the way I did. So you just saw Toni's post in this thread and my response as a chance to jump in and interject because I was the one on the opposing side. Again, very mature of you. But i'm moving on, it's a dead issue as far as i'm concerned.

Last edited by bokes15 : 04-03-2009 at 09:48 AM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #36
DJMason
High School JV MVP
 
DJMason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 693
DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Like I said I called him out the same way you do. But most Raptors fans have unrealistic expectations, and it annoys me. If that bothers anyone, with all due respect, maybe you should choose another forum.

edit: and you may not realize b4ball but what yourself, DJMason, and Toni have been doing isn't constructive criticism. It's hating. Plain and simple. We know by now what type of game he has. He CAN take it to the rim but it's not the strongest aspect of his game. You can hate on his game, no problem. Just leave it at an "I hate his game" or "I hate his playing style" and be done with it. But you can't hate the player for not playing out of character (being a post up back to the basket guy).

And everything you accused us of you as well as many other people on this forum are doing and have been doing re: Bargnani for God knows how long. Apparently Bosh is the only one on this team with immunity to criticism.

And there is no such thing as constructive criticism on internet forums since, believe it or not, Bosh will never read this forum and the term constructive criticism implies that the person criticized will hear the criticism and have an opportunity to change.

And Toni was right about the shot being far from preferable. A bad shot that goes in is still a bad shot.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #37
antonaki1
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 346
antonaki1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Love Bosh, when he is on, we all know what he can do. The biggest improvement in his game the last few weeks has been his ability to make quicker decisions. A couple months ago, everytime he got the ball, he would stand there and hang onto it for an excrutiating amount of time. The whole game would come to a standstill and everyone would stand around seemingly forever. It really killed the flow of the offence. Now he's getting it, surveying quicker and making his drive, pass or shoot within the flow of the offence. He's made some really nice passes to cutters the last few games.
antonaki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #38
T-Low
College superstar
 
T-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,655
T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Honestly, everyone get along.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #39
Jballer
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,395
Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

The more I see of Bosh's game the more I am being reminded of Shareef Abdur Rahim (spelling) Refer - and his days in Vancouver.

Its not meant to be a flame.....

I dunno - I mean he throws up great stats every game....

Good points...decent RBs.... D laspes maybe 2 times a night but less than some others.....

He is always professional with the media.....

He never disses the city of Toronto......

Any yet there is an intangible missing......

Maybe much like Reffer... he just doesnt have the correct complimentry pieces around him... perhaps thats what we really lost in the trade to Indy... in both the PG and C position....
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Bargnani got criticized for putting up 10/3 in his second year. Bosh is getting criticized while steadily putting up 22/9. Real similar.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,833
raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

As much as I wanted the Raptors to tank, I still can't erase the good feeling I get each time we win. This was one of my favorite games of the year. Only thing I have to say is where was this kind of play earlier in the season? lol
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #42
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,038
lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Bargnani got criticized for putting up 10/3 in his second year. Bosh is getting criticized while steadily putting up 22/9. Real similar.
Bargnani was getting paid 5 mill/year to do that vs. Bosh's 14+ mill to be our hero (who actually turned out to be a zero).
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #43
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,507
Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Bargnani was getting paid 5 mill/year to do that vs. Bosh's 14+ mill to be our hero (who actually turned out to be a zero).

You gotta give the guy some props dude. He had zero help this season. I'd take a guy averaging 22-10 anyday.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #44
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,038
lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
You gotta give the guy some props dude. He had zero help this season. I'd take a guy averaging 22-10 anyday.
I'd take him too.... if we were doing a casting call for a dinosaur on Jurassic Park.

edit: and zero help? Are you forgetting Mr. Bargnani who has been our best player all year by a mile and a half?

Last edited by lilbeastnani : 04-07-2009 at 03:47 PM.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #45
DJMason
High School JV MVP
 
DJMason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 693
DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: BOSH!!! What a LEGEND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I'd take him too.... if we were doing a casting call for a dinosaur on Jurassic Park.

edit: and zero help? Are you forgetting Mr. Bargnani who has been our best player all year by a mile and a half?

Did you miss the first half of the year when Bargnani was a bench player putting up 10ppg and Bosh was being overworked by Smitch and dropping 30 ppg? Bargs has been great since January no doubt, but has not been the best player all year by any stretch.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy