Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default I played as the New York Knicks today in NBA 2k7

I have to admit, this team is really a good offensive team and very talented. the defensive end is not too shabby either when they try.


however there seems to lack a clutch factor. i led Miami on Hall of Fame mode with 5 minutes left by 12 points, on the strength of 12 Marbury assists, 35 Curry points (vs SHAQ) and even scoring from others (3-4 for 3 from Francis) but then everyone started missing shots....


yes it's a video game but it is unfortunately, a gloomy reminder of the fact that the reason why the Knicks lost games last year was not because they suck or were worthless, but because they did not know how to close out games.

i mean they did have a 6 game winning streak, but you would agree they need a good experienced winning veteran to help them win right?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:00 AM   #2
SuperboyXX0018
Banned
 
SuperboyXX0018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far
Default

***crickets crickets***
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,266
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
I have to admit, this team is really a good offensive team and very talented. the defensive end is not too shabby either when they try.


however there seems to lack a clutch factor. i led Miami on Hall of Fame mode with 5 minutes left by 12 points, on the strength of 12 Marbury assists, 35 Curry points (vs SHAQ) and even scoring from others (3-4 for 3 from Francis) but then everyone started missing shots....


yes it's a video game but it is unfortunately, a gloomy reminder of the fact that the reason why the Knicks lost games last year was not because they suck or were worthless, but because they did not know how to close out games.

i mean they did have a 6 game winning streak, but you would agree they need a good experienced winning veteran to help them win right?

I copped that game also for PS2. Its embarrassing if you sim games. they get injured too easy and they won't make the playoffs if you let the whole season sim on its own. Where is marty collins at? Balkman doesn't crack the rotation at all. I hope my knicks season isn't anything like the game. Now Live 07 they some fire in there though
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default e

NBA Live is a garbage game, why on earth would you play that? not real basketball, all you do is call for pick, jam thecrossover button and press the dunk button.


WOW so fun!
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,266
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

I know we in the wrong forum with this, but we both agree 2k makes better bball games.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
akaTonyDanza
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 50
akaTonyDanza has an OK reputation so far
Default

360 Nba live 07 seems as if their are missing frames while playing . 2k7 has been better for years I have been playing live for a week and already tired of it. I get 2k7 feels pretty smooth as usual....
akaTonyDanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #7
thenextgreatbigman
Banned
 
thenextgreatbigman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,092
thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default

i've been saying that for a while now. its a shame that we had crawford taking the last shot. we need a leader
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:49 AM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Winning is a habit that needs to be learned and reinforced. After a while good teams expect to win and usually do. Bad teams try not to lose and usually do.

The Knicks are better than a 23 win team. But until they learn how to win and do so on a consistent basis -- they will not be a contender.

Your game is wacky! Curry could not score 35 on Shack unless Shack's arms were tied and his sneakers were nailed to the court.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
i've been saying that for a while now. its a shame that we had crawford taking the last shot. we need a leader

Think again!

Crawford won six games last season on his last shot. That is more than 26% of the Knicks 23 wins!

That may be the most in the NBA.

On a team that played better, Crawford would be an all-star!

The Knicks need to play better. Crawford IMHO is their best and most improved player!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Winning is a habit that needs to be learned and reinforced. After a while good teams expect to win and usually do. Bad teams try not to lose and usually do.

The Knicks are better than a 23 win team. But until they learn how to win and do so on a consistent basis -- they will not be a contender.

Your game is wacky! Curry could not score 35 on Shack unless Shack's arms were tied and his sneakers were nailed to the court.


not too hard. Curry is much better in the game than in real life (dunked on Shaq af ew times)

basically had to run one of the plays called 1-5 Low, then use the individual point guard command features to have Frye set a pick for Curry in the low block, then command Curry to run for an alleyoop. toss it, done deal. the game was not smart enough to adjust. i did that all game long.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:11 AM   #11
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
not too hard. Curry is much better in the game than in real life (dunked on Shaq af ew times)

basically had to run one of the plays called 1-5 Low, then use the individual point guard command features to have Frye set a pick for Curry in the low block, then command Curry to run for an alleyoop. toss it, done deal. the game was not smart enough to adjust. i did that all game long.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. The game is not an accurate predictor of what would happen in a real game. In real life, Curry could not score 35 against Shack!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:18 AM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,266
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

eddy doesn't have the heart to do so. talent wise he probably could. the game is based on talent ratings of that player. in the game eddy is a beast . just like shaq. eddy isn't motivated to even staying on the court for 48 minutes. 15 and 7 could be better if the played more than 25 minutes a game.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
eddy doesn't have the heart to do so. talent wise he probably could. the game is based on talent ratings of that player. in the game eddy is a beast . just like shaq. eddy isn't motivated to even staying on the court for 48 minutes. 15 and 7 could be better if the played more than 25 minutes a game.

Patrick Ewing said that Curry has talent but in order to be one of the best he has to want to be and work to be. Otherwise he will be mediocre.

Thanks for telling me about how the game is programmed. I did not know that.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

what the hell do you mean it's a shame crawford took the last shots? crawford had 6 game winners last year, most in nba.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #15
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
what the hell do you mean it's a shame crawford took the last shots? crawford had 6 game winners last year, most in nba.

Crawford was not even a starter and the Knicks did not even give him that many chances to win games. But, he won over 26% of their wins on last shots. Yes! Crawford is the best in the NBA!
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy