Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #16
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How are the generated rookies? I remember last year you could get 60 speed 90 acceleration 30 medium shot and 90 3 point shot. BTW, can you use MLE, LLE, and stuff?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #17
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Anyways, good review. Tell it like it is.

What do you think, out of 10?
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Hi guys. Just got Live 07 for PC. Here are my initial impressions after about 2 days of playing for a couple select areas....I will add more as I play more

Bugs
The Live series is famous for a sh&t load of bugs, and 07 really takes the cake in this regard. First of all, if you play a game, the CPU will NOT substitute. The opponent will generally play its starting lineup for literally every single minute of a quarter except for very rare exceptions. Doesn't matter if you get 3 fouls in the first quarter, or you literally have no energy left. In the games that I played, the entire opposing starting lineup had 3-5 fouls and 0 energy left in the 4th quarter, yet the CPU will NOT substitute.

Guard domination
Already a huge problem in 06 where the opposing PG would absolutely torch you on almost every occasion. Well, the brilliant EA Sports developers decided to take that to an entirely new level this time. Now, the opposing PG will shoot almost EVERY single possession...its absolutely nuts. Half of the time, he will drive and try to get the call. The other half of the time, he will pop up for a fade away 20ft. contested jumper. He rarely rarely passes. I played against the Bobcats, and Brevin Knight scored 55 points on 20/67 shooting (and these were on realistic sliders). Retarded. I spent an hour re-adjusting sliders so this would occur less, but it is still blatantly noticeable.

Superstar moves
Petarded. This one concept alone highlights the fundamental difference between Live and 2k7. In Live, somebody with a superstar mode (particularly outside scorers like the grossly overrated Shawn Marion in this game) will almost ALWAYS use it to shoot. It is absolutely ridiculous. Once, the opponent got out on the fast break and JJ was on the wing spotting up for a 3 (e.g. Suns style). In a moment of pure brillilance, JJ gets the ball and instead of shooting a pretty little set shot (like in real life), he does this retarded little "outside scorer" move in which he basically twists his entire body around, scissor kicks his legs, and flares his arms out in a wild but supposedly "cool" looking shot attempt. Of course, knowing NBA Live, it goes in.

Rebounding
Again, a huge problem in the past Live series. People literally spent hours adjusting sliders to get realistic rebounding numbers. To fix this problem in 07, the developers apparently decided to make rebounding even more obscure in the hopes that little kids would prefer to see acrobatic offensive rebounds that lead to alley-oops instead of a realistic defensive board. For example, I once took control of Tim Duncan and situated myself firmly near the basket in anticipation of the opposing PG launching a horrendous shot (read pt. #2). When the shot bounced off the rim, I naturally boxed out and jumped up for a defensive rebound (something that would have worked in Live 06). However, in 07, jumping up for a rebound can under certain circumstances cause your player to do retarded things. Basically, Tim SHOULD have jumped straight up and gotten the board, but instead he jumped all the way out towards the free throw line....thus resulting in ANOTHER offensive board by the opposing team (35 in total for that game). Idiocy.

Dynasty Mode
In some ways, it improved since you have more detailed control over your team. However, they really took what was good about previous dynasties and basically mashed them up into a piece of sh&t. Take your PDA for example. In previous years, everything was nicely organized into different sections, such as Coaching/Owner/Trades/etc. Now, EVERY piece of news you get is compressed into one massively long unorganized piece of sh&t list. So if I get 10 new messages, it will no longer be organized by category. Now, it will just be a nearly unreadable list of 10 new messages. To top it off, unread messages are in "charcoal grey", while read messages are in "black". What kind of retard thought this up. Seriously?

**Note, these are just initial impressions after 2 days of playing. There ARE a few improvements over past years, but it really is trivial compared to blatant holes in gameplay this time. More to come.
You must really hate live cuz everything you said was untrue about my version of live 07. Not to mention you never really looked at any positives of the game whatsoever.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #19
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
You must really hate live cuz everything you said was untrue about my version of live 07. Not to mention you never really looked at any positives of the game whatsoever.

It's okay, so far every single thread about NBA Live has been nothing but bashing on the game and how NBA2k is better. Meanwhile, you go look in the NBA2k threads, and you see people complimenting live and complaining about NBA2k.

Moral of the story? Don't listen to retards who couldn't possibly overlook their own personal bias and ignorance if their lives depended on it.

Download the game and check it out. Buy the one you like best.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #20
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:

no sh&t I didn't explain the positives...I said that in my first post numbnut.

Second of all, you are lying lilke a little brat saying that everything was untrue, considering that an open letter by the admin staff of NBA Live Series Center forums was written to EA Sporst regarding the blatant substitution bug as well as countless other things that needed to be patched....on top of that EA Sports even admitted that those were things they needed to fix.

Try explaining the strengths yourself. I showed Live 07 as what it was, a far inferior basketball simulation compared to 2k7. Hell, you probably get more enjoyment from running around the court and dunking all the time, but not even an honest Live fan is going to say that it is a better simulation that 2k
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

I never gave a review thread but i did review it b4. I never said it was better than 2k7 and I really don't know about the substitutions, but you must be playing a different version than mine because I know my PG doesn't shoot every shot. He rarely shoots right when he brings it up the court. I don't think he ever shoots right away if you actually D up. Did you play the game? When I'm playing, the guys take wide open shots and no fade aways when they're wide open like you say. I'm not lying, I don't have a reason to lie. I didn't come in here saying 2K7 SUCKS, DONT BUY IT...I gave 2k7 a better rating than I did Live but why give a ****ty review about a game you probably never played?
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #22
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I never gave a review thread but i did review it b4. I never said it was better than 2k7 and I really don't know about the substitutions, but you must be playing a different version than mine because I know my PG doesn't shoot every shot. He rarely shoots right when he brings it up the court. I don't think he ever shoots right away if you actually D up. Did you play the game? When I'm playing, the guys take wide open shots and no fade aways when they're wide open like you say. I'm not lying, I don't have a reason to lie. I didn't come in here saying 2K7 SUCKS, DONT BUY IT...I gave 2k7 a better rating than I did Live but why give a ****ty review about a game you probably never played?

http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic41682.php

http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic41901.php

http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic42098.php

...among countless others.

Are you even playing the PC version? Are you completely blind to the blatant gameplay faults that any basketball fan could see? Honestly, I don't see how you could even be defending this game...its strengths are the exact same strengths that 06 had (which were not many). Almost 0 improvements have been made. In fact, many aspects have taken a dive. How can you defend this? You probably are playing Live like most kids...running and dunking and using superstar triggers
Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #23
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

The only thing live has that 2k lacks is the free style control. The shot stick is pretty cool but it would be nice if I could pull off jab steps and spin moves as simple as I ca in Live. Other than the freestyle control, Live is crap

Last edited by dab0yech0 : 10-04-2006 at 08:18 PM.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #24
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
The only thing live has that 2k lacks is the free style control. The shot stick is pretty cool but it would be nice if I could pull off jab steps and spin moves like in Live. Other than the freestyle control, Live is crap

Actually, you can do those moves in 2k. The trigger and analog sticks are used to do them. The instruction manual explains which combos result in jab steps and stuff.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #25
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Actually, you can do those moves in 2k. The trigger and analog sticks are used to do them. The instruction manual explains which combos result in jab steps and stuff.

Oops I was typing too fast and didnt get to say what I really meant. I meant the simple way to execute them is what I like about Live. I guess another positive for Live is they somewhat improved the defense. But the 2k series is still light years beyond Nba Live
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #26
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
How are the generated rookies? I remember last year you could get 60 speed 90 acceleration 30 medium shot and 90 3 point shot. BTW, can you use MLE, LLE, and stuff?

I hate quoting myself, but can anyone answer these questions?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:47 PM   #27
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
I hate quoting myself, but can anyone answer these questions?

you talking about the rookies that are generated for the dynasty mode during each new draft? Sorry, I'm only on the first month of my dynasty, so I don't know yet.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #28
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
you talking about the rookies that are generated for the dynasty mode during each new draft? Sorry, I'm only on the first month of my dynasty, so I don't know yet.

Oh ok, but yeah I'm talking about those rookies. Don't want to be a prick, but if you want, maybe you can do do a quick sim and find out for yourself. I just hate the stupid generated players.

BTW, only 2 more hours and NBA live shoud be finished.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:56 PM   #29
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Oh ok, but yeah I'm talking about those rookies. Don't want to be a prick, but if you want, maybe you can do do a quick sim and find out for yourself. I just hate the stupid generated players.

BTW, only 2 more hours and NBA live shoud be finished.

I have exams until Friday. I will try to find out this weekend and see if I can fix these damn bug and gameplay issues
Old 10-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #30
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:
I have exams until Friday. I will try to find out this weekend and see if I can fix these damn bug and gameplay issues

Same here, maybe we can save slider settings and save the stats sheet. Little nerdy, but until my regular X-Box is fixed, I'll be playing this for a while.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: