Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #31
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

jukes are a waste of time in 2k going against the comp. its either a blocking foul, turnover, or no success everytime.. Ive never crossed anyone up with it ever.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #32
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Same here, maybe we can save slider settings and save the stats sheet. Little nerdy, but until my regular X-Box is fixed, I'll be playing this for a while.

the developers saw fit to slash the number of slider settings in 07...

no more adjusting substitution, fatigue, and several other areas until EA wakes up to and finally addresses the massed complaints of the PC community.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #33
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

Just finished downloading an hour ago (3.27 gigs, what a drag). Graphics looks decent, could be better. Need more time to play it. Seems like a huge change from 06, I hope thats good. Now I gotta finish these gay ass English assignments. GOnna stay up until 2 to play.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 PM   #34
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is there a way we could play online with our illegal versions? Maybe like IP VS. IP or something?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #35
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Is there a way we could play online with our illegal versions? Maybe like IP VS. IP or something?

I was about to ask the same question. I just tried with a friend but all we kept getting was "This is not a valid IP address" or something like that.

Going through some Live forums for more info now...
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #36
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

Quote:
jukes are a waste of time in 2k going against the comp. its either a blocking foul, turnover, or no success everytime.. Ive never crossed anyone up with it ever.

You must not know how to use the moves then. It's too easy to get inside anytime with any player using behind the backs, crossovers, and spin moves. You just need to spend more time playing. And to respond to your earlier comment, the pick and roll is pretty devastating but it isn't the only way to score. Move the ball around and the computer eventually can't keep up. Just find the open man just like in real ball.

I didn't mean to single you out, it's just that I noticed your comments above others.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #37
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I was about to ask the same question. I just tried with a friend but all we kept getting was "This is not a valid IP address" or something like that.

Going through some Live forums for more info now...

I can't play online either. Same problem happened in my cracked version of 06, as well as my cracked version of 05
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #38
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Fvck it, I'm uninstalling this garbage.

No point in it taking up space when I'll probably never play it again. Well done EA Sports, well done...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 PM   #39
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is it really that bad?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #40
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I got it last week.

Day 1- HATED IT. Would have taken it back if it wasn't for the "no opened returns on electronics" rule

Day 2- Figured out how the new freestyle stuff worked, but still got frustrated a lot and quit after 2 games

Day 3 thru 6- Too much going on to play it

Day 7- Played 4 games. It still has some frustrating qualities (computer cheats like crazy on high difficulty levels lol, too many fouls called too) but i actually am starting to like it. Once you get used to everything its ok. And its still fun to play with friends (if you have any)
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #41
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Shame the PC market sucks so much for sports games in comparison to consoles. I don't think we'll ever see the 2K series here.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:44 AM   #42
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Ghost_Delay has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
the developers saw fit to slash the number of slider settings in 07...

no more adjusting substitution, fatigue, and several other areas until EA wakes up to and finally addresses the massed complaints of the PC community.

WTF..
and yet they have the time to come up with 80 categories to rank the players
I think I'm going to wait until some kids come up with patches.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #43
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Shame the PC market sucks so much for sports games in comparison to consoles. I don't think we'll ever see the 2K series here.

Which makes no sense. PC's have more power than any console out there can dream of. And its not like highend PC's are a rarity these days either.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #44
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yet us PC gamers continuously watered down version of Live that contains only the bare minimum of graphics adjustments.

at least you arent a Gamecube owner that gets screwed over with halfass PS2 ports.

and on another note

now that EA has a monopoly on football, it will be years until we get much more than roster updates with gimmick upgrades.

the NCAA Football series is practically the same game that it was 5 years ago with a couple minor tack ons like a shaky screen or changing the kick button to the right analog stick.

You still can't create or edit conferences. You have to replace real teams with your created ones if you want them in a dynasty or season. The DAA dynasty is piss poor. There is still no stadium editor. The commentary (save for new ads for sponsors) damn near exactly the same as its been for at least 3 games. However, there is actually less of it as the in between quarter, halftime and final score commentary is completely gone making it feel like the game isnt even finshed. There are still issues with clipping in replays as players consistantly walk through eachother. Every so often my quarterback throws the ball right after the snap even though I'm not hitting a button. Sometimes the camera freezes when I zoom it back to see the field and I have to pause and unpause to fix it. If you dont hit X to skip past post play animations there will be at least one or two celebration penalties EVERY game. I'm talking spike the ball and do a dance, fall all over eachother, NFL in your face sack dance crap that would rarely go down in a college game. The load times are annoying. You can pretty much win on constantly throwings deep steaks to fast WRs.

About the only good thing they added was the in season recruiting but even that feels like they half assed it b/c you dont have near the control you do when the off season recruiting part comes. It is helpful though.

Having ESPN attached means little. There are more ads for crap like cars and deoderant.

Its too bad b/c there is a good game buried under all the muck. But why should they care when they are the only ones that can make football games?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #45
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

now that EA has a monopoly on football, it will be years until we get much more than roster updates with gimmick upgrades.

the NCAA Football series is practically the same game that it was 5 years ago with a couple minor tack ons like a shaky screen or changing the kick button to the right analog stick

"You take your rations and enjoy them!"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: